ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New York 75 etc.???? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-21-04 10:12 PM
mac_daddy again, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers - they truly mean alot to me...

I would love to get a hold of LA Connection; I have been looking for it for years, and twice been burned by TAO, unsalvagable copies. This is the sbd of the Friday night LA 75 show I referred to earlier. I just havent heard it
Jann Wenner is quoted as saying that the friday (july 11, 1975) was the best rock concert ever - it really is something special. and you will all hear it soon, I promise (albeit via an AUD recording - same quality as "Who went to Church" which is Sunday, 7/13/75)...

LYL is mostly from the el mocambo (77) and europe 76 (paris mostly, I think). if you dig around the "Love You Live" site (no link handy), he has the shows listed and indicates which LYL tracks come from what shows...

02-21-04 10:42 PM
jpenn11 Thanks Mac for correcting me. LYL 1, 2 and 4 (remember the LP?) largely came from Paris '76. I just think of it as one big tour, but that's wrong since they did BaB songs in 1976, etc.

Incidentally, there appear to be various views on 7/11. Here is bahnoff.se:

The 7.9 show was one of the absolute best on this tour, with highlights as Wild Horses, Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler. And we shall not forget Sympathy For The Devil that made it on the LOVE YOU LIVE album, but here we get the complete version!

The 7.11 show can be found in excellent mono soundboard quality on a few releases, but only one complete with the right track succession L.A. CONNECTION, VGP-085. This show was not at all of the same quality as the other LA. FORUM concerts. And the mix on this video soundboard is not too funny, the drums and vocals sounds great, but the guitars is way too low.

I have heard only LA Friday (with some unfortunate digital artifacts). I'm hoping to become a leaf for the 1975 tree so I can hear all these great shows I've heard so much about!

[Edited by jpenn11]
[Edited by jpenn11]
02-22-04 10:32 AM
celtic stone Mac Daddy best wishes to your father also.

So I take it no one here has all these 4 shows???

27/06/75 New York

05/11/81 New Jersey

12/12/97 St louis

19/11/97 Oakland

Scottfree I sent you a PM and got no response.
02-23-04 08:54 AM
Joey

Mac ................Best wishes to your Father !!!!!!
02-23-04 09:03 PM
mac_daddy thanks Joey, et al. again - I really appreciate it...

6/27/75 NYC is part of the 1975 (vol. 1 tree), as well...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-24-04 04:41 PM
marko The New York really kicks ass.
02-24-04 07:51 PM
Gazza >Thanks Mac for correcting me. LYL 1, 2 and 4 (remember the LP?) largely came from Paris '76.

that might be what it says on the album sleeve (for some reason) but its actually untrue.

It contains songs from Los Angeles and Toronto 1975 and London'76 as well as a few songs from the Paris shows.
02-24-04 08:06 PM
mac_daddy thanks, Gazza - is all that LYL info available on a webpage somewhere..?
02-24-04 10:02 PM
jpenn11 Right, "largely":

My source has been the FAQ:

Paris 6/4/76; "Allright Charlie Watts" . . . .All instruments are there, all dynamics are there, [with] hardly any hiss; especially nice since a big part of 'Love You Live' is from this show..."

Paris 6/6/76; "Paris Aux Printemps"/others Soundboard recording, made from a pro-shot video. Parts of this show are on "Love You Live."

Paris 6/7/76; "Paris Par Exc."/others I quote from an Internet review: "...'Paris Par Excellence' [CD] is a bit disappointing to me. . . . Good performance; parts of this show are on "Love You Live."

Toronto 6/17/75; "Toronto": . . . Note that at least one song from this show is on "Love You Live."

In my earlier post, I referred to Ulf, who adds: The Toronto show performed at the Maple Leaf Gardens, June 17th was one of the best from this line-up . . . . I really understand the decision to use two songs on the LOVE YOU LIVE album (Fingerprint File and It�s Only Rock�n Roll).

And my earlier post on the LA shows noted that Sympathy comes from the LA 7.9 show. http://www.bahnhof.se/~hasu/Ulflist/Hardfacts35.htm

What songs came from London?

[Of course, I don't mind my original post being proved right.]

[Edited by jpenn11]
02-25-04 02:43 PM
marko I could list exact dates,if you want?Also from Still Life and Flashpoint?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH