ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New York 75 etc.???? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-15-04 01:21 PM
celtic stone Would someone here have these 5 shows on cd
27/06/75 New York

13/07/75 Los Angeles

05/11/81 New Jersey

12/12/97 St Louis

19/11/97 Oakland

Cheers!

[Edited by celtic stone]
02-18-04 04:59 PM
celtic stone Someone here must have these????????
[Edited by celtic stone]
02-18-04 09:23 PM
Scottfree
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
Someone here must have these????????
[Edited by celtic stone]

I think I might have most of them, let me check, and why?
02-18-04 10:12 PM
mac_daddy did you miss the tree..?

most are being treed here. currently.

02-19-04 09:40 AM
luxury1 Ha--the June 27th show was my very first Stones concert! I remember being blown away by the spectacle of the roving African drummers, the lotus stage, being in the same "room" as the Stones. But Mick's voice was kinda shot. And we were VERY stoned. One of my friends fell asleep right in her seat. Go figure. She never went to another Stones show with me.

I believe this was the very last night of a 5-night stand at MSG, or something like that. And it was the last day of school for us (10th grade). We walked to the local bus station, dropped some pills, and arrived in Manhattan. When I got home early the next morning, I was missing my shoes. I hate when that happens.
[Edited by luxury1]
02-19-04 09:46 AM
nankerphelge WTF is it with you and losing your shoes!?

You need a Tardrite or sumthin?
02-19-04 10:26 AM
jb Are there any soundboard recordings from 75? I only have LA Friday and it is great, but I was informed that that is an audience recording.
02-19-04 11:42 AM
luxury1 what is a tardrite? One of those helmets you are so fond of?
No, I guess I need strap-ons.
Oh, did I just say "strap-on?"
02-19-04 12:31 PM
glencar One time I was in a bar & I turned around & this goofball was wearing some contraption on his head. I guess it was for traction or something. Anyway, I really laughed hard that night.
02-19-04 01:59 PM
mac_daddy jb - there are supposedly SBD recordings circulating from at least one o fthe five LA '75 shows (7/11 - Friday). LA Friday (which is actually Sunday night, 7/13) is an AUD, sourced from the boot "who went to church on sunday?" which is one of the sources Marko and I are treeing. The other one that I am supplying is a complete AUD of 7/11. I have not heard the soundboards, so I do not know their quality, but I understand that they exist...

I hope this helps.
02-19-04 03:30 PM
LadyJane Hey Luxy...75 was my first show too!! Don't know if you'll remember (due to your stoned state)..but was Mick perched atop one of the petals as it opened? He was in Buffalo and I thought I would die!! Screamed like I was at Shea Stadium seeing those guys...what was their name...ya know...from Liverpool or something like that??? I thought my girlfriend's brothers would kill us. Bringing two 15 year olds to their first Stones show!! God bless 'em.

I'm here to tell those of you that missed that Lotus petal stage....it was unbelievable!!

LJ.

PS...Just for the record...I did not lose my shoes!! Just my voice. LOL.

[Edited by LadyJane]
02-19-04 03:34 PM
luxury1 Yes LJ!! Mick had one hand over the top of one petal point, and a ring or something on, that shined like a beacon when the spotlight hit it, and then it opened slowly with him there. I almost peed my fucking pants.
02-19-04 03:44 PM
jb Thanks Mac daddy...why gems like the 72 shows , 75 and 78 have not been released is frustrating....yet they release a shitty live album for almost every tour since 81!
[Edited by jb]
02-19-04 03:53 PM
throbby Hey JB! They must be holdin' on to the good stuff to fund the retirement years.
02-19-04 03:55 PM
jb Hi Throbby!!! Hope all is well..Looks like your picture went over well ..lol.....
02-19-04 05:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Yes LJ!! Mick had one hand over the top of one petal point, and a ring or something on, that shined like a beacon when the spotlight hit it, and then it opened slowly with him there. I almost peed my fucking pants.

Yes...Yes!! What an entrance!! And with thanks to Phog...I now have my first Stones show on CD!!

Luxy...At the tender age of 15..I was a tad disturbed by the giant phallus and the Mick/Billy cock dance. And you???

LJ.
02-19-04 05:58 PM
glencar LJ, one correction to an otherwise excellent post. The Beatles never soiled the grounds of Yankee Stasium. That was poor Shea.
02-19-04 06:53 PM
ResidentMule I have the LA show - I don't know if its being treed or not
02-19-04 08:10 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ, one correction to an otherwise excellent post. The Beatles never soiled the grounds of Yankee Stasium. That was poor Shea.

Thanks..gleny...mistake duly noted and correction made.

LJ.
02-20-04 08:05 AM
Jumping Jack Was the tree structure ever posted?
02-20-04 09:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Was the tree structure ever posted?

no it was not...

the signup was stickied here on the board for quite some time...

Marko and I split the seeds, and are sending them to the branches...

I know of 8 bracnches that I am sending discs to...

I meant to get them out last week, but my dad ended up back in the hospital (we've had a two year battle with cancer), which is neither here nor there, but I am an only kid, which means I have been spending oodles of time bedside. I am doing my very best to get them done today, but everytime I sit down to do it, the phone rings, and I have to run out to the hospital. I appreciate the patience...

I think Marko was doing B+Ps for his end, and I have no idea on the status of those...

I hope this helps.
02-20-04 11:35 AM
LadyJane mac-daddy...an only child?? Me too! I know how hard it is. Both my Parents are elderly and in declining health.

Hang in there!!

LJ.
02-20-04 11:49 AM
Jacques Hi Mac
don't worry about delay, Parents are more important.
Bon courage
02-20-04 12:45 PM
Jumping Jack Just curious. I volunteered to branch but never heard a thing.
02-20-04 03:07 PM
mac_daddy thanks for the thoughts

JJ - Marko organized the branches and leaves, and then forwarded the names of the branches to me, so I could contact them to get my discs out as well. I assume the branches will want to send the leaves the whole package at once, but that is up to them. I dont remember everybody offhand (I know there are eight total), but if you were not contacted to be a branch, it is safe to assume that you are somebody's leaf - if you signed up with marko, then you are in.

I am sure a final tree structure will be out to everybody soon. I was just getting ahead of things, and trying to get the discs out to the branches before the signup closed, but other stuff came up... I should have them out tomorrow, as most of he discs are already burneded...

I hope that answers your questions...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-20-04 03:13 PM
glencar Mac, good luck with your Dad. I'm not an only child(one of twelve, actually) but helping a parent through an illness is one of the toughest battles in life.
02-20-04 03:17 PM
jb Mac-My prayers and thoughts are with you....god bless.
02-21-04 05:13 PM
Joey " Are there any soundboard recordings from 75? I only have LA Friday and it is great, but I was informed that that is an audience recording. "

I remember 1975 ................................especially that summer .

Yes ( Joey now looking up towards the sky and rubbing his chin with a pensive look on face ) , it is all coming back to me now ......................" JAWS " playing on the big screeen , Bell Bottoms were Chic , Saigon had just fallen , and your wee Joey was quite despondent over the fall of South Vietnam . My parents would try in vain to comfort me and reassure my little Joey conscience that the communist takeover was NOT my fault and that we had done all we could for those miserable little peoples .

But alas , it was all to no avail ......................I spent countless hours that summer of ' 75 walking along the beach , thinking to myself , " What more COULD we have done to save the South ??......What POSSIBLY could have worked ???? " Sometimes I would see Richard Nixon walking along said beach as well , no doubt pondering the same thing as me . Once he even invited me into his home near San Clemente , offering me " Jesus Juice " and showing me pictures of his Grandkids and Henry Kissinger .
Then together we would enter his study and stand before a huge portrait of JFK whilst he muttered out loud , " YOU !!!!!!!!! JFK !!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE THE MAN !!!!!!!!! .............OH THEY SURE LOVED YOU !!!!! "
It was then I would quietly slip away and leave the man there to himself ................alone ........................they way I am sure he liked it ....................and me ..........wee Joe ........................also alone ....................but with the Jetties ........................ALWAYS THE JETTIES !!!!

Thank You

Joey Cong !

" It's the Jetties Ronnie !!! "
02-21-04 09:30 PM
jpenn11 Mac, I'm sorry to hear about your father. He is fortunate to have a son like you. My hopes and prayers are with you.
02-21-04 09:40 PM
jpenn11 jb, there is at least one soundboard: LA Connection

Here is a review: LA Forum 7/11/75;160 min; 7.5m; "LA Connection"
Taken from the slightly famous "Hot As Hell" video except this is the complete show. Soundboard recording with excellent drum sound but the guitars are too
low.

It is likely that LA Friday--which sounds as good as many good soundboards--sounds better though it is a different show.

Also, there is a '75 official release: Love You Live.

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH