ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Lucinda Williams Live Album in May (NSC) Return to archive
February 23rd, 2005 06:26 PM
Gazza Lucinda Comes Alive

Williams to release first live CD this spring

Three-time Grammy winner Lucinda Williams will release Live at the Fillmore, her first-ever live album, on May 10th.

The two-disc set, recorded at San Francisco's legendary Fillmore Auditorium last year during her World Without Tears tour, features twenty-two tracks from Williams' twenty-five-plus-year career. Included in the set list are "Change the Locks," from 1988's Lucinda Williams and later recorded by Tom Petty; "Pineola," a poignant song about a family friend's suicide from 1992's Sweet Old World; and "Those Three Days," from Williams' most recent studio album World Without Tears.

The Live at the Fillmore track listing:

Disc One:

Ventura
Reason to Cry
Fruits of My Labor
Out of Touch
Sweet Side
Lonely Girls
Overtime
Blue
Change the Locks
Atonement

Disc Two:

I Lost It
Pineola
Righteously
Joy
Essence
Real Live Bleeding Fingers and Broken Guitar Strings
Are You Down
Those Three Days
American Dream
World Without Tears
Bus to Baton Rouge
Words Fell

JESSICA ROBERTSON
(Posted Feb 02, 2005)

from www.rollingstone.com
February 23rd, 2005 06:33 PM
Gazza Good to see Lucinda's official site is almost as lousy with up to date info as the Stones one is!

Theres nothing about this on it at all, three weeks after the announcement in Rolling Stone. Plus I get e-mails from Lost Highway Records about their new releases on a regular basis, and they havent mentioned it either!

This album was actually meant to come out about 6 months ago, and the cover art was done and everything. Apparently, perfectionist that she is, she wasnt happy with the 'mastering' or something.

Despite what the article says, the recordings come not from last year, but from the 3 shows at the Fillmore in November 2003. I know a few of Lu's fans on here have all 3 shows on CDR and they'll agree that they are absolutely brilliant concerts. Its a bit odd that all but about 4 of the songs on it come from her last couple of albums, however, ie. albums released on Lost Highway. I guess the label dont want to release live versions of her older material before she signed with them, which is a pity as the three Fillmore shows showed a great cross section of material she has recorded down the years.
February 23rd, 2005 07:31 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Despite what the article says, the recordings come not from last year, but from the 3 shows at the Fillmore in November 2003. I know a few of Lu's fans on here have all 3 shows on CDR and they'll agree that they are absolutely brilliant concerts.

Not only are they brilliant, their sound quality is fantastic!

When I first read your inital post about "Fillmore shows last year...", I glanced over at the discs and briefly wondered if the shows in question were those from '03...

Thanks for clarifying.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
February 23rd, 2005 07:46 PM
Gazza yeah well the original blurb on the postponed live album, scheduled for Sept 2004 was that it was from the Fillmore shows from November 2003, so no doubt its the same ones as I dont believe she played there again in 2004.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 24th, 2005 01:04 PM
Martha This is very happy news! Thanks Gary!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood