ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's header Return to archive
February 22nd, 2005 09:56 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Very cool header.

Little trivia:

Does anyone know the connection between this performance and the El Mocambo gigs?
February 22nd, 2005 10:28 AM
glimmercat Is that to do with the bombing of some Stones equipment & then someone from April Wine helped them out by lending their amps or something?? And then later, at the ElMo, someone there was related to/friends with one of the members of April Wine, and didn't April Wine open for the Stones??

Sorry so vague--it's been a while since I read the story, so I can't remember the details.

Maybe I should've just kept my digits to myself.

meow
February 22nd, 2005 10:28 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Very cool header.

Little trivia:

Does anyone know the connection between this performance and the El Mocambo gigs?

All 3 were in Canada!...

April Wine was the opening act?
February 22nd, 2005 10:38 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
glimmercat wrote:
Is that to do with the bombing of some Stones equipment & then someone from April Wine helped them out by lending their amps or something?? And then later, at the ElMo, someone there was related to/friends with one of the members of April Wine, and didn't April Wine open for the Stones??

Sorry so vague--it's been a while since I read the story, so I can't remember the details.

Maybe I should've just kept my digits to myself.

meow

You're right. The manager from April Wine lent their equipment to the Stones for the Montreal gig. 5 years later, the Stones re-paid the favour by having April Wine open for them at the El Mocambo.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
February 22nd, 2005 12:52 PM
luxury1 Damn, you guys are good!

By the way, I just got my haircut like that. I know, how dated.........
February 22nd, 2005 02:09 PM
glimmercat
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Damn, you guys are good!

Well, thanks!!

I love Stones trivia. I'm not usually so good at it, though. In this case, I had a bit of an edge, since I live in Toronto.

And I forgot to say--great header!! A picture of Mick is the highlight of my day! And more than one, even!! Yowza.

meow
February 22nd, 2005 08:40 PM
Soldatti Great data, thanks.
February 23rd, 2005 08:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood