ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Don Was recording with the Stones in June (or May) is Possible.....From Ian Return to archive
February 21st, 2005 03:04 PM
IanBillen Not to bring up old hat,
Most of us know were we stand on this album and it's release date.

But:
Recent reports have stated that additional recording for this album will take place in June of this year.

However, I just read that Don Was and his reunion of Was (not Was) is to be on tour all of May and June with dates booked all throughout both of these months. it really doesn't make any sense that the album will be worked on in June in this scenario.

Again, I think the album will be plenty done by then if it is not for the better part finished now.

*Just a side note I just read is all.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 21st, 2005 03:11 PM
GimmeExile Are you saying that Don Was going to record with the Stones or Was Not?

February 21st, 2005 03:13 PM
Gazza plus WasNotWas will need time to rehearse

The tour is still, to my knowledge, due to start early September.

Expect a Stones album around the time the tour starts.

If they arent recording it until June, then it wont be ready in time. I personally don't buy this theory of them releasing an album in October. Makes no commercial or practical sense. They wont start a tour as late as October, because that only would leave them time for two months of shows in North America - about 25 shows.

There doesnt appear to be anything or any side projects which should prevent them recording prior to June.
February 21st, 2005 03:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Are you saying that Don Was going to record with the Stones or Was Not?

producing the Stones and then touring with WasNotWas
February 21st, 2005 04:33 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
plus WasNotWas will need time to rehearse

The tour is still, to my knowledge, due to start early September.

Expect a Stones album around the time the tour starts.

If they arent recording it until June, then it wont be ready in time. I personally don't buy this theory of them releasing an album in October. Makes no commercial or practical sense. They wont start a tour as late as October, because that only would leave them time for two months of shows in North America - about 25 shows.

There doesnt appear to be anything or any side projects which should prevent them recording prior to June.

I see. Good input. What about May as well? Plus a few weeks for Was (not Was) to rehearse as you said. Also Woody has been recording off and on with other people. As far as side projects: isn't Charlie recording with Brian Wilson right about now? Or is that, well, how eles do I say it one of those infamous "RUMORS"? lol

And yes I mean Don Was "producing" the Stones next album not actually recording with his band and the Stones together....Thankfully. (Although no dis-credit to Was not Was. They are pretty innovative at times actually.

Ian
February 21st, 2005 05:20 PM
Cocaine Eyes I am totally confused. Could someone put this clearly? Who's doing what and when?
February 21st, 2005 08:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I see. Good input. What about May as well? Plus a few weeks for Was (not Was) to rehearse as you said. Also Woody has been recording off and on with other people. As far as side projects: isn't Charlie recording with Brian Wilson right about now? Or is that, well, how eles do I say it one of those infamous "RUMORS"? lol

And yes I mean Don Was "producing" the Stones next album not actually recording with his band and the Stones together....Thankfully. (Although no dis-credit to Was not Was. They are pretty innovative at times actually.

Ian

The Brian Wilson story (see the relevant thread on this board) was dismissed by people on Brian's message boards as untrue.
February 21st, 2005 08:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
I am totally confused. Could someone put this clearly? Who's doing what and when?

no one knows
February 21st, 2005 08:07 PM
gotdablouse Hey, opportunity knocks, time to get in a new producer with some ideas of interest, say Rick Rubin !
February 21st, 2005 08:15 PM
Scottfree Is this an Abbot and Costello routine??
February 21st, 2005 09:16 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Hey, opportunity knocks, time to get in a new producer with some ideas of interest, say Rick Rubin !

Why not a 100% Glimmer Twins production?
February 21st, 2005 10:44 PM
IanBillen
What is everyone so confused about? This post doesn't require a masters degree in quantum physics to follow.

We are simply saying that-
1. Don Was (the albums producer) will not be available for
the months of May and June to work on anything with The
Stones.

2. Charlie Watts was rumored to do an album with Brian
Wilson
this month and nothing seems to be solid at all with this
information so that may be nothing to be concerend with.

3. This leads us to ponder:
A. The album is for the most part under wraps right now.
or
B. They are recording right now...or both.

Ian
February 22nd, 2005 03:34 AM
F505 Can someone tell me if and when the new stones album will be released? Is it May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December...? Just need to know! Please!
[Edited by F505]
February 22nd, 2005 03:51 AM
IanBillen
quote:
F505 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the new stones album will be released? Is it May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December...? Just need to know! Please!
[Edited by F505]

Nobody knows except their immediate camp. There has been no 'OFFICIAL' word from any of them or directly from their camp. We have heard June, October, Late August, in the middle of 2005, and "some-time in the summer" all in blurbs but none of The Stones themselves (except for Keith) stated exactly when. Keith mentioned a few months back they were to record over the winter and release it in the spring. Take it with a very large grain of salt. Don Was, their producer states this summer. One thing for certain is they have been working on it.

Ian
February 22nd, 2005 04:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Why not a 100% Glimmer Twins production?

because if that was the case, it wouldnt come out before 2008
February 22nd, 2005 04:54 AM
F505
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Nobody knows except their immediate camp. There has been no 'OFFICIAL' word from any of them or directly from their camp. We have heard June, October, Late August, in the middle of 2005, and "some-time in the summer" all in blurbs but none of The Stones themselves (except for Keith) stated exactly when. Keith mentioned a few months back they were to record over the winter and release it in the spring. Take it with a very large grain of salt. Don Was, their producer states this summer. One thing for certain is they have been working on it.

Ian

Ian my question was a bit ironical..... But thanks anyway
February 22nd, 2005 08:39 AM
Cocaine Eyes On Ron's site, it says the album is coming out "this summer".
And thanks for the clarification. It helped, even without the degrees in quantum physics.
February 23rd, 2005 03:14 AM
IanBillen
quote:
F505 wrote:

Ian my question was a bit ironical..... But thanks anyway

I gotcha

Ian
February 23rd, 2005 03:15 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
On Ron's site, it says the album is coming out "this summer".
And thanks for the clarification. It helped, even without the degrees in quantum physics.

No harm no foul chief.

Ian
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood