ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Presidents Day in the USA. (NSC) Return to archive
February 21st, 2005 08:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Do they have any similar holidays anywhere else? Actually this started out as Washington's Birthday, the man who never told a lie....unlike the city that's named after him. Here Washingtons Birthday has always been the biggest used car sale of the year. Funny how these traditions get started.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 21st, 2005 08:59 AM
L&A President Bush is in Brussels for 3 days. Believe me, I would like to sell my car, our city is completely paralyzed for security reasons...
February 21st, 2005 09:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
L&A wrote:
President Bush is in Brussels for 3 days. Believe me, I would like to sell my car, our city is completely paralyzed for security reasons...

Jeez.....Sorry to hear that. These politicians take themselves far too seriously, don't they?
February 21st, 2005 09:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Jeez.....Sorry to hear that. These politicians take themselves far too seriously, don't they?

sometimes they don't, hopefully!
i ve spent a day with a french minister last summer in st tropez, he was a very cool guy..even if I haven t vote for him on the last elections!!
February 21st, 2005 10:51 AM
Jaxx
quote:
L&A wrote:
President Bush is in Brussels for 3 days. Believe me, I would like to sell my car, our city is completely paralyzed for security reasons...

LMAO. my city is finally FREE of NBA all stars and rappers and paparazzi and extreme security measures that accompany it. i can go downtown again--and soon, so can you too.
February 21st, 2005 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

LMAO. my city is finally FREE of NBA all stars and rappers and paparazzi and extreme security measures that accompany it. i can go downtown again--and soon, so can you too.

the nba sickens me compared to what it was.

Presidents day used to be great when i was in college, as it was a day off, now it is just a day where i have to work and many here in the US do not.
February 21st, 2005 11:35 AM
Jaxx i would agree the NBA is a total joke and this superstar week is like a superbowl wannabee. it just isn't going to happen. i feel your pain. hell, i work everyday...24/7. donna reed never sleeps
February 21st, 2005 11:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i would agree the NBA is a total joke and this superstar week is like a superbowl wannabee. it just isn't going to happen. i feel your pain. hell, i work everyday...24/7. donna reed never sleeps

and when i am not working, i am taking care of my infant son.....now thats work!

February 21st, 2005 12:08 PM
kath
quote:
our city is completely paralyzed for security reasons...

our entire country is paralyzed for "security reasons". you guys are welcome to keep him, and take cheney, too, will ya???

February 21st, 2005 01:46 PM
Scottfree
quote:
kath wrote:

our entire country is paralyzed for "security reasons". you guys are welcome to keep him, and take cheney, too, will ya???

Most assanine post of the day.....You get the rest of the day off, w/o pay of course...
February 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
Taptrick

Funny...I haven't been remotely paralyzed in any manner at all.

February 21st, 2005 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Funny...I haven't been remotely paralyzed in any manner at all.

i have free movement as well and can dance like this guy:

February 21st, 2005 03:14 PM
kath just a personal feeling about the ever present "terror alerts", the talk of banning professional photographers from taking pictures in the nyc subways because they could be terorists (that was on the national news last night for those who think i'm making it up)and on and on.

but, i am honored for being named the most assinine post of the day. quite an honor, really. course, the competition isn't as stiff anymore....
February 21st, 2005 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
just a personal feeling about the ever present "terror alerts", the talk of banning professional photographers from taking pictures in the nyc subways because they could be terorists (that was on the national news last night for those who think i'm making it up)and on and on.

but, i am honored for being named the most assinine post of the day. quite an honor, really. course, the competition isn't as stiff anymore....

i do try though!
February 21st, 2005 03:24 PM
kath i know you do, honey!!!! LOL!!!!
February 21st, 2005 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
i know you do, honey!!!! LOL!!!!

for you kath:

February 21st, 2005 03:39 PM
kath why??? why??? why, voodoopug?? WHY????????
February 21st, 2005 03:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
why??? why??? why, voodoopug?? WHY????????

just for you!

February 21st, 2005 06:54 PM
Scottfree
quote:
kath wrote:
just a personal feeling about the ever present "terror alerts", the talk of banning professional photographers from taking pictures in the nyc subways because they could be terorists (that was on the national news last night for those who think i'm making it up)and on and on.

Maybe I have no room to claim this (assinine post status), but I'm tired of people complaining about their civil liberties being trampled on. Then when I ask them one thing that they can't do, or have to go about in a different manner the silence becomes deafening. 9/11 changed things, and it should of, and if it didn't we're all a bunch of morons and asking for it again........Your a great poster Kath, I typically lurk on here and relish your posts from afar, but I felt I had to retort....
February 21st, 2005 07:31 PM
kath that's fine, i have no problem with that.
February 21st, 2005 07:35 PM
Some Guy traffic was light today
February 21st, 2005 08:13 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
traffic was light today

Doesn't mean I'll be drinking light beer...
February 21st, 2005 08:53 PM
kath traffic was light today. it's interesting that so many people apparently post from "work", and since today was a holiday here in the US for a lot of people, traffic was indeed light.

being disabled and unable to work, i can post on holidays and weekends....

so of course, that makes me a much better stones fan.....
February 23rd, 2005 12:58 AM
glencar I read that according to OMB, it's still "Washington's Birthday." All I know is that I get an extra day's pay from it & I love all POTUSes except for Clintoon. What a dick.
February 23rd, 2005 05:10 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Maybe I have no room to claim this (assinine post status), but I'm tired of people complaining about their civil liberties being trampled on. Then when I ask them one thing that they can't do, or have to go about in a different manner the silence becomes deafening. 9/11 changed things, and it should of, and if it didn't we're all a bunch of morons and asking for it again........Your a great poster Kath, I typically lurk on here and relish your posts from afar, but I felt I had to retort....

Ah, the fascist retort...the retort against civil liberties by one who never uses them....hey, the trains run on time right? Vote Benito!!

February 23rd, 2005 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Ah, the fascist retort...the retort against civil liberties by one who never uses them....hey, the trains run on time right? Vote Benito!!

Jizzy ...........................

I absolutely LOVE " President's Day " as our office gives us the entire day off work .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ......... Oh , OK ! :

I slept in that day till Noon -- Woke up and took a HUGE Bowel movement ( with a little ' teetee ' ) --- Went back to bed and slept until 2:00 PM CDT -- Got up and ' pooped ' -- went back to bed for a about ten minutes -- Got up " FOR GOOD " , pooped some more , ' wee wee'd ' , showered , shaved , shitted ( not necessarily in that order ) , belched and went out to " Bar Hop " the REST OF THE EVENING !!!!!!

...Aaaaaaaaaah , another productive day for The Joey

The Joey , Established 1999 and providing quality postings like this and many like it since Day One !

Joey .............Quality ......... Visionary ...............' Cutting Edge ' ...............Kins !

[ Edited by Josh ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 23rd, 2005 06:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Jizzy ...........................

I absolutely LOVE " President's Day " as our office gives us the entire day off work .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ......... Oh , OK ! :

I slept in that day till Noon -- Woke up and took a HUGE Bowel movement ( with a little ' teetee ' ) --- Went back to bed and slept until 2:00 PM CDT -- Got up and ' pooped ' -- went back to bed for a about ten minutes -- Got up " FOR GOOD " , pooped some more , ' wee wee'd ' , showered , shaved , shitted ( not necessarily in that order ) , belched and went out to " Bar Hop " the REST OF THE EVENING !!!!!!

...Aaaaaaaaaah , another productive day for The Joey

The Joey , Established 1999 and providing quality postings like this and many like it since Day One !

Joey .............Quality ......... Visionary ...............' Cutting Edge ' ...............Kins !

[ Edited by Josh ]

[Edited by Joey]

February 24th, 2005 09:46 AM
Joey
Thanks Puggy !

I am also taking the day after " St. Paddy's Day " off work as well ( Yes , it is a Friday ) .

Gazza .............................

" Acoustic Groove " will be performing again on March 18th & 19th at THE BRAZEN HEAD !

I will arrive at the bar about 9:30 PM CDT -- Shannon , Meghan and Clive are bartending that evening . I will have them begin pouring your pint the moment I arrive so it is ready for your 10:00 PM CDT arrival .

Developing ........................

Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by Joshy ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 24th, 2005 10:16 AM
Gazza Je regrette, Joey...

I'll have to give that one a miss, Joseph as I'll be in London the weekend before (for Woody) and Manchester the following weekend and shall need some period of recuperation in between, so a trip to darkest Nebraska for a few "swallies" of the black stuff may have to wait for another month

Give my love in whatever way you can to Shannon and Meghan....and I guess say hi to Clive too if you must!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 24th, 2005 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Puggy !

I am also taking the day after " St. Paddy's Day " off work as well ( Yes , it is a Friday ) .

Gazza .............................

" Acoustic Groove " will be performing again on March 18th & 19th at THE BRAZEN HEAD !

I will arrive at the bar about 9:30 PM CDT -- Shannon , Meghan and Clive are bartending that evening . I will have them begin pouring your pint the moment I arrive so it is ready for your 10:00 PM CDT arrival .

Developing ........................

Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by Joshy ]

[Edited by Joey]

My prediction for The Joeys St. Paddys day celebration:

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood