ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stonesdoug & Mr. Lawyer thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 20th, 2005 09:53 AM
crb69 Well I went on to a Stonesdoug thread yesterday just to see what else was going on in Stonesland and read a post about how certain people feel the Stones have lost their energy. MR. Lawyer [aka jb I'm sure (same avatar)] was saying that our boys have not rocked since the '78 tour. I can see where he is coming from with this but I feel the '81 tour was very similar in sound and jam; just BIGGER. But as far as losing their to-u-ch I felt that the '94 VooDoo Lounge tour was the Stones at their very best performance wise. I'm writing this because yesterday I typed in a lengthy reply and it wouldn't go through. I guess I've been so preoccupied on Rocks Off that I haven't been posting on Stonesdoug often enough and my account expired! No e-mail warning? That really sucked to express my opinion about something and then had to use my back button to find that I lost a whole page worth of reply!!!

So long Stonesdoug - props to the website but I'd rather get my Rocks Off! See ya at MSG y'all!
February 20th, 2005 12:05 PM
kath oh wow, that's a whole new sentiment from josh.....NOT!!!
February 20th, 2005 01:00 PM
Taptrick

I LIKED the 81 tour, but still feel 78 was all about punk and the 81 tour was all about.....football pants.
February 20th, 2005 02:44 PM
Cocaine Eyes I like all their concert tours.
February 20th, 2005 04:09 PM
Jaxx yeah kath. where jb is concerned the song remains the same.zzzzzz. the rolling stones put out alot of energy during a live show. they're not the young laddies that came on the scene in the 60s anymore. times have changed, they've changed and fortunately for us the music goes on. for every person that prefers the brian jones days, there are those that prefer the mick taylor days and still others that love ronnie. its based on PERSONAL preference. a sixty something can't rock as hard as a 20 something. if you're not satisfied with the product, then don't go out and buy it.
February 20th, 2005 04:27 PM
Joey " .... I feel the '81 tour was very similar in sound and jam; just BIGGER. "

<-------- I love listening to boots from the '81 Tour . Whenever I hear a track off of " Handsome Girls " I get that " The Party Has Just Started Feeling " . Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me . "

Me too little fella .......................

Me too .......................

Little Huerskee Joe ! ™
February 20th, 2005 04:28 PM
Jaxx what are you doing here on a sunday? nice to see ya!
February 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
what are you doing here on a sunday? nice to see ya!

Hello My Mile High Momma ...................

Thought I would stop in for a bit before I rush off to Sunday Dinner over at me Brother's place .

Got tomorrow off work ( President's Day ) so I will NOT be a factor . At least Carly did one thing right during her six year tenure at HP ( Man that woman loved Holidays )

" Carly likes ' Puss Puss " Ronnie ! "

Sassy ! ™
February 20th, 2005 04:49 PM
Jaxx enjoy your mini holiday. see ya on tuesday.
February 20th, 2005 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
enjoy your mini holiday. see ya on tuesday.

See everybody Tuesday !!!!!

Er , now that Carly got ' canned ' do you think she " lurks " here ?!?!?!

Developing ....................................

" Carly is a Carpet Muncher Ronnie ! "

Sass & Boots ! ™
February 20th, 2005 06:51 PM
Stonesdoug Hey---I have no control about accounts expiring---and never knew that one would expire before. If you changed your email since you first registered, there might be a problem but I am unaware of anything else. Sorry about your post not making it.
February 20th, 2005 11:12 PM
glencar I couldn't be a fan of a group if I didn't think they had rocked for 27 YEARS! LOL I like Joshy & everything but it sounds like that thread is just flamebait.
February 21st, 2005 03:35 AM
JumpingKentFlash Double double toil and trouble (Always wanted to say that).

I've said it before and I will keep saying it until the day I die, or to the day it stops being true: The Stones still rock just as much as in '72. It's just in a different way now. Make peace with it or live in the past. The only thing that REALLY changed is the standard of the studio songs, although some of them are way up there alongside tracks from LIB, BB and SF. But that's just me. 'Nuff said.

February 21st, 2005 10:13 AM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Double double toil and trouble (Always wanted to say that).

I've said it before and I will keep saying it until the day I die, or to the day it stops being true: The Stones still rock just as much as in '72. It's just in a different way now. Make peace with it or live in the past. The only thing that REALLY changed is the standard of the studio songs, although some of them are way up there alongside tracks from LIB, BB and SF. But that's just me. 'Nuff said.

many members of the RO community are saddened, especially by the fact that you are happy you have helped run josh off of the board? I thought you had stronger character?
February 21st, 2005 10:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many members of the RO community are saddened, especially by the fact that you are happy you have helped run josh off of the board? I thought you had stronger character?

but many members of the RO community really don t care you know..
February 21st, 2005 10:37 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

but many members of the RO community really don t care you know..

Sadly, I am aware of this too, i just hate to see a fellow stones fan gloating about another fan feeling that he needed to leave the board.
February 21st, 2005 10:38 AM
crb69
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Hey---I have no control about accounts expiring---and never knew that one would expire before. If you changed your email since you first registered, there might be a problem but I am unaware of anything else. Sorry about your post not making it.

No big deal mon! Thanks for the concern & response. It just sucked to type a page worth of material & then find out you're a goner!!! heh heh, it's been a while since anyone really had anything to say Stones-wise since they haven't done anything lately. I never changed my info, I guess I just didn't post for a while on Stonesdoug...thanx
February 21st, 2005 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
crb69 wrote:

No big deal mon! Thanks for the concern & response. It just sucked to type a page worth of material & then find out you're a goner!!! heh heh, it's been a while since anyone really had anything to say Stones-wise since they haven't done anything lately. I never changed my info, I guess I just didn't post for a while on Stonesdoug...thanx

Doug is one of the most devoted fans of the Stones and one of the most stand up people i have met and it was inappropriate to bad mouth his site on a different board. As a loyal member of both boards, negative comments about either board do not belong here or on SDB

kindess regards.
February 21st, 2005 10:45 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I am aware of this too, i just hate to see a fellow stones fan gloating about another fan feeling that he needed to leave the board.

when he was here jb was gloating about me and a few others but we didn't give a fuck you know.
I'm glad to see he got devoted fans like you.
have a nice day voodoopug..

Ju
February 21st, 2005 10:45 AM
Jaxx thanks for coming on to explain stonesdoug. i think its standard for inactive accounts to eventually evaporate.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you have helped run josh off of the board?

once again, no one ran josh off the board. he made the decision to leave. it gets down to, once again, playground politics. there is always at least one child on the playground who refuses to play well with others and leaves in a huff if they can't get their way. its a shame, but it is what it is.

he's around, tho not at this party.
February 21st, 2005 11:24 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

when he was here jb was gloating about me and a few others but we didn't give a fuck you know.
I'm glad to see he got devoted fans like you.
have a nice day voodoopug..

Ju

thank you for the well wishes, our disagreement over the guy from boca shall not interfere with our mutual respect.
February 21st, 2005 11:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
thanks for coming on to explain stonesdoug. i think its standard for inactive accounts to eventually evaporate.

once again, no one ran josh off the board. he made the decision to leave. it gets down to, once again, playground politics. there is always at least one child on the playground who refuses to play well with others and leaves in a huff if they can't get their way. its a shame, but it is what it is.

he's around, tho not at this party.

respectfully jaxx, I was only resorting to the words directly from josh's mouth. I understand your point as well and will continue to keep my comments towards this entire event limited to the designated threads as to not flood and/or cheapen one of my two favorite stones sites (yours and Dougs)
February 21st, 2005 11:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

thank you for the well wishes, our disagreement over the guy from boca shall not interfere with our mutual respect.

of course pug ,like true gentlemen!!
have fun at your next gig, and see ya on the board
Ju
February 21st, 2005 11:39 AM
Jaxx
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
respectfully jaxx, I was only resorting to the words directly from josh's mouth. I understand your point as well and will continue to keep my comments towards this entire event limited to the designated threads as to not flood and/or cheapen one of my two favorite stones sites (yours and Dougs)

no explanation necessary. but thanks just the same. i know what jb's saying and that he's denying that he's saying it. i also appreciate your sentiment. i just want to SQUELCH the rumour that he was chased off. he wasn't. over the years, he has chased others off.you know how it is, when you are guilty of something, you immediately assume others are guilty of the same because of this twisted mind set. maybe now that the coast is clear, those chased aways will come back. some of them were good posters.
[Edited by Jaxx]
February 21st, 2005 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

of course pug ,like true gentlemen!!
have fun at your next gig, and see ya on the board
Ju

many thanks
February 21st, 2005 12:30 PM
kath voodoopug...could you PLEASE let this drop? nobody threw josh off the board, nobody ran him off, ordered him off, begged him off, jacked him off...nothin'. he did this himself to get attention. you seem to be in constant contact with him, that's great! a true friend. you know what boards he is on! visit with him there! but please let it drop here, please? jaxx has asked us nicely to let it go. it's been done to death now..please!

i applaud your sense of devotion to a friend.
February 21st, 2005 01:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
voodoopug...could you PLEASE let this drop? nobody threw josh off the board, nobody ran him off, ordered him off, begged him off, jacked him off...nothin'. he did this himself to get attention. you seem to be in constant contact with him, that's great! a true friend. you know what boards he is on! visit with him there! but please let it drop here, please? jaxx has asked us nicely to let it go. it's been done to death now..please!

i applaud your sense of devotion to a friend.

THank you Kath for your respectful reply. As promised, I will keep all discussion related to jb to the appropriate threads (none of which i created). Due to your rocky relationship with josh, i can certainly understand your disdain at reading posts about him, but to play devils advocate, if you are so tired of reading about him, why click this topic? I have all the respect in the world for the moderators of this board and will always do my best to adhere to there wishes. Kath you are my friend and I applaud your stance on the situation as well. Yes, i am in contact with Josh quite often as we have found we have a lot in common as stones fans, just as I do with many members of the two boards i frequent. Gold rings on ya!
February 21st, 2005 01:57 PM
Fiji Joe Pug...does Josh ever mention me?...Do I ever cross his mind?...we shared so much together
February 21st, 2005 02:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Pug...does Josh ever mention me?...Do I ever cross his mind?...we shared so much together

you have been mentioned. Using deductive reasoning, i have been able to acertain that he may not be sending you a xmas or hanakah card this year.
February 21st, 2005 02:10 PM
Fiji Joe That's OK...he already sent me Goddess...that's the gift that keeps on giving
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood