ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paint it Black!......From Ian Return to archive
February 20th, 2005 04:26 AM
IanBillen
Ooooh Boys and Girls,
Just came from the local watering hole. A man to my left says "we need something good". Like clockwork what do I hear? ^The intro to Paint it Black blaring from the loud speakers in the joint. My friend says "Oh boy". I say in reply "indeed"!.
I just pictured Micks pulsating head. It rocked the house.
My night was just made.
Now I can go to bed with a smile on my face.

Ian
February 20th, 2005 06:10 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ooooh Boys and Girls,
Just came from the local watering hole. A man to my left says "we need something good". Like clockwork what do I hear? ^The intro to Paint it Black blaring from the loud speakers in the joint. My friend says "Oh boy". I say in reply "indeed"!.
I just pictured Micks pulsating head. It rocked the house.
My night was just made.
Now I can go to bed with a smile on my face.

Ian

I love it when you go out and you hear a Rolling Stones' song! Paint it Black does rock the house!
The other night I was singing Satisfaction on the karaoke...
February 20th, 2005 06:34 AM
IanBillen
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

I love it when you go out and you hear a Rolling Stones' song! Paint it Black does rock the house!
The other night I was singing Satisfaction on the karaoke...

Yes sir. these songs are classic. Now, could they of played Penny Lane? How about It's been a Hard Days Night? While yes, both are credible songs and are even considered classic but this is what I was trying explaining to a post a bit ago concerning Beatles vs. Stones. Yes. I totally respect The Beatles. Their songwriting changed music to this day. But what really turns you on? What has more energy?
What has more staying power? =The Stones.
It is not all Beatles. The Stones really helped shape Rock n Roll in general and not only with their songwriting (which is right there with the Beatles) but their persona and image . Besides from all that. Who would I pick if I had no idea about either of the two or their history or contributions....well The Stones nail it hands down.
Although I do totally agree with Mick on the question: Who is better The Stones or The Beatles? At what? Concerning What? Two very different bands that did great things for music. Although you know my choice. Beatles vs. Stones is senseless. Old Hat and senseless. Although don't go telling me the fab-four pop boys were better. That is when I have a problem.

Ian

Ian
February 20th, 2005 07:50 AM
Jumacfly !!
the same thing happened to me last month in Prague.
We were walking in the cold street, adn we ve finally found a pub.
We came in and they played a kind of trip hop , nice but not very punchy.
Then the barman stopped the sound and put "19th nervous breakdown" and i became crazy!!!
my friends enjoyed a 30 minutes break from me while i was singing, posing like Keith and drumming on the Wood (ah ah ah)table.

a few days ago, a friend who was there called me and told me "i m downloading 26 Stones albums".

"Let it Rock , Ronnie!"

have a nice sunday my dear RO pals
February 20th, 2005 09:11 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
!!
the same thing happened to me last month in Prague.
We were walking in the cold street, adn we ve finally found a pub.
We came in and they played a kind of trip hop , nice but not very punchy.
Then the barman stopped the sound and put "19th nervous breakdown" and i became crazy!!!
my friends enjoyed a 30 minutes break from me while i was singing, posing like Keith and drumming on the Wood (ah ah ah)table.

a few days ago, a friend who was there called me and told me "i m downloading 26 Stones albums".

"Let it Rock , Ronnie!"

have a nice sunday my dear RO pals

I know where your coming from. Isn't it great when it comes unexpected. The Stones just got that sound!

Ian
February 20th, 2005 09:27 AM
Some Guy I heard Anybody Seen My Baby at my local Publix grocery store.
February 20th, 2005 10:07 AM
nankerphelge Ian, not luxy, wrote:

"I just pictured Micks pulsating head. It rocked the house.
My night was just made.
Now I can go to bed with a smile on my face."

February 20th, 2005 04:24 PM
BILL PERKS MY LOCAL USED TO PLAY A MIX OF MISS YOU-UNDERCOVER-EMOTIONAL RESCUE THAT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD..TOO BAD THE PLACE BURNT DOWN..
February 20th, 2005 04:32 PM
Jaxx Paint it Black popped up in the Stephen King series i'm reading. anybody seen my baby on muz-ak? yikes. satisfaction would be a GREAT karaoke tune. you are brave.
February 20th, 2005 07:12 PM
IanBillen
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ian, not luxy, wrote:

My night was just made.

I meant his actual cranium of-coarse. Just as the video-Come on

February 20th, 2005 09:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ian, not luxy, wrote:

My night was just made.

LMFAO...post of the MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!! Nanky you kill me!!

LJ.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood