ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Proof Keef is still the rock guitar god he always has been - forever and always Return to archive
February 18th, 2005 09:59 PM
Steel Wheels I've had at least one complete six pack. East coast standard time reads nearly 10PM.

LIVE LICKS is on my headphones. Genius. Best tour ever by any rock band. Like the bluesmen they love so much, the Stones get better with age. More roll with the rock beat. You gotta love it.

The Stones are like an artilery range. Monkey Man drops big fat dance grooves. Keef curls them licks right off the neck of that fucking guitar. Charlie swings. The world is right, and the best band loves to play the blues, come on. This is the sound of Keith Richards loving the live experience, snapping off hot rocks at every downbeat.

The song that kills me, every time, every day, is The Nearness of You. I want to cry each time I hear it. His guitar phrasing, his tone, his pace, it's perfect. All of the gestering and the whatnots of his hair step aside. His solo is a beautiful extension of himself. Sad, bold, elegant, ragged. The voice of KEITH RICHARDS rings true. He is an old barge on a river of blues. Keef's solo is a passionate plea, a heartfelt expression to a loved one.

It's true. It's beautiful. It's Keith Richards.

If you don't love the Stones, go fuck yourself. Ain't nothing gonna be this hot again in our lifetimes.

February 19th, 2005 02:23 AM
Hannalee I've just realised that Keith must think he still sounds good, as well. Not so much the booze talking as the booze hearing.

Alack; the evils of strong drink, my friends.
February 19th, 2005 08:56 AM
gimmekeef Keep Rockin Steel Wheels...!!!played a boot of Montreal 89 from Ulf's site last night myself..Till 3 am...Loud!!....The boys in all their glory...It doesnt get any better does it?.....
February 19th, 2005 04:53 PM
Steel Wheels Right on! I'm sober and I agree with everything I posted last night.
February 19th, 2005 06:59 PM
72Tele The moon is high and so am I.
February 19th, 2005 10:38 PM
Poplar
quote:
72Tele wrote:
The moon is high and so am I.

aww yeah - another Phan in the house.

February 19th, 2005 10:51 PM
LadyJane SW...I've missed your drunken posts. We ALWAYS agree. Drunk or sober...Nearness is very special to my heart. I was lucky enough to witness it live. A very, very favorite Stonesian memory.

LJ.
February 20th, 2005 06:58 AM
Steel Wheels Lady Jane, thank you! I'll have to get to the keyboard the next time I get saucy.

So, you witnessed my favorite Live Licks track in person, huh? Very lucky!
February 20th, 2005 08:41 AM
corgi37 If u bought Live Licks, your a sucker. But, i respect your choice and am glad you enjoy it.

ME?

I'll stick with Exile (particularly Soul Survivor - 8 months high rotation in my head, and its driving me nuts!) and wait for new stuff.

If anyone bought Live LIcks for me, i would throw it at them at high velocity and order them out of my bedroom.

Male or female, i aint fussy lately.

P.S. WTF did i just say? No, !!!!! seems more appropriate. No, i guess ? is right after all.
February 21st, 2005 08:46 PM
Soldatti I bought Live Licks...I'm a sucker.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood