ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: two years on Return to archive
February 17th, 2005 07:33 PM
stonedinaustralia lately have been recalling intensely that night two years ago today (18/2/03) when a long wished for dream (which i thought might remain ever so)turned into a hard core reality

i dug some of my pix out of the archives (which don't seem as clear there as i recall them being when first posted - is that right gerardo or is my imagination running away with me?)

rather than recount the whole experience again at bottom is the link to my review

what a night that was - it caused a fundamental and permanant change in my psychological make up - like having a huge mystery made clear as light

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-06-2003/141625-3.html

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 17th, 2005 07:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great pix and great memories SIA!!

In fact the thread starts at http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-06-2003/141625-1.html
February 17th, 2005 07:48 PM
stonedinaustralia yeah - thanx gerardo

and one of the great pleasures was being able to share it with everyone on this the premier rolling stones web site
February 17th, 2005 09:00 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the memories, one of the best shows of the tour according to many reviews.
February 17th, 2005 09:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For me it was in the top two theatre gigs of the whole tour
February 17th, 2005 09:07 PM
stonedinaustralia one thing that blows me away is fact that it was only time they've ever opened with Midnight Rambler!!

and i'd be willing to bet they may never do that again

it really was a master stroke whoever idea it was

if they'd started with a "usual" opener e.g. start me up - everybody would have dug it but to to do MR just completely surprised everybody - totally unexpected - totally awesome in the true sense of the word

why they did it - maybe because in Australia - everything upside down/opposite to northern hemisphere - therefore open the show with a number that usually appears in the middle of the set (just a theory) - in the end who cares why - it was simply mindblowing
February 17th, 2005 11:11 PM
sirmoonie I remember your review to this day, SIA.

I remember a lot of the reviews. There was real e-magic on the boards back then.

What a way to go out for the Stones. Best rock and rollers ever, met up by their number one fans, and it all gets recorded, transcribed, and commented upon, song by song, show by show, month by month, and country by country.

Super Fine it was! Super Fine!
February 17th, 2005 11:40 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks sirm - i consider that high praise indeed coming as it does from you

and yes, it was a "super fine" time and there was a "real magic" in the cyber air

cheers my friend
February 18th, 2005 12:14 AM
Bruno Stone Was this the show wich ACDC were guests?
February 18th, 2005 01:13 AM
parmeda SIA...(and Voo!) thank you for adding the links to the archive. It was so nice to go back and read through the thread. I had the same excitement for you as I did 2 years ago!

I have but one question for you...

What in the hell did you ever do with that pick???!!!
February 18th, 2005 01:30 AM
stonedinaustralia i've kept it safe and sound parmeda

btw - thanks for the xmas card - if i can get my lazy ass together i should have something to you in return by easter
February 18th, 2005 04:09 AM
HomerJRichards Ahh yes i was there too - front row, right hand side sort of in between Keith & the Michael Davis & co. I flew over from Perth, still can't believe i got tickets for that gig over the phone! That was my lottery win.

Keith was so so so close. Yep what an opener - Midnight Rambler, who would've thought. Then just when i thought things couldn't get any better, my other heroes Ang & Mal casually stroll on stage. Glenn A Baker was standing behind me bragging to some women that he knew all along that A & M were going to jam - what a wanker!

What gets me (& i know i'm being biased) is why the Enmore gig never made it onto Four Flicks, other than those little quick peeks in the extras bit. No offence to our Parisian Stones compatriots but after having seen that Paris theatre gig on 4F, the Enmore gig was the one that should have been included.
February 18th, 2005 04:34 AM
FotiniD Thanks for the great pictures and great memories SIA. I'm sure all of us are in an even worse Stones withdrawal syndrome condition right now

Bring us a tour!!
February 18th, 2005 07:33 AM
LadyJane SIA...your review of the Enmore show is one I will never, ever forget. It was one of the first times that I realized that I wasn't the only person on this planet who "got it."

It's great to relive it again and again.

Two years....time for another Tour...C'mon Boys, WE ARE READY!!!!

LJ.
February 18th, 2005 08:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
SIA...your review of the Enmore show is one I will never, ever forget. It was one of the first times that I realized that I wasn't the only person on this planet who "got it."

It's great to relive it again and again.

Two years....time for another Tour...C'mon Boys, WE ARE READY!!!!

LJ.

Yes!! it was a great great year..every morning, the smell of the last show,with those pics, incredible reviews from RO'ers, this pleasure to find fresh news every morning, the set lists...I miss this time, i m a little bit nostalgic, and yes LJ, WE RE READY TO ROCK AGAIN!!!!

cheers and a nice week end to you all
JU
February 18th, 2005 09:35 AM
Moonisup SIA, I also remember that the pix were a bit more clear then that they are now!

Great pix by the way!
February 18th, 2005 03:22 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks moonisup
and i'll forever be grateful to RO generally and you and fmk (who was last reported as being somewhere in the highlands of nepal)in particular for being able to get the tickets

thanks again
February 18th, 2005 03:24 PM
Fiji Joe Good call SIA...I am once again...for the first time in two years...sportin' wood
February 18th, 2005 04:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
one thing that blows me away is fact that it was only time they've ever opened with Midnight Rambler!!

and i'd be willing to bet they may never do that again

it really was a master stroke whoever idea it was

if they'd started with a "usual" opener e.g. start me up - everybody would have dug it but to to do MR just completely surprised everybody - totally unexpected - totally awesome in the true sense of the word

why they did it - maybe because in Australia - everything upside down/opposite to northern hemisphere - therefore open the show with a number that usually appears in the middle of the set (just a theory) - in the end who cares why - it was simply mindblowing

i was shocked to read that they opened with MR....had to be a great show, i wish i was there!
February 18th, 2005 05:04 PM
Joey

<-------------Good call SIA...I am once again...for the first time in two years...sportin' wood
February 20th, 2005 09:04 AM
corgi37 I am annoyed the Enmore show didnt get onto 4 Flicks too. Yeah, its always U.S., U.K. or the bloody French.

Hyde Park, ya-ya's, Love you live, Still Life, Flashpoint (at least it mixed it up with some Jap/Spanish stuff, No Security, and of course, the much desired Live Licks.

Oz SHOULD have been on 4 Flicks. Just the scenes of people in the street outside the theatre sitting on couches was cool enough! The time they spent here warranted more footage.

I remember you review fondly SIA, you lucky dog. Hasnt 2 years gone so quickly! I hope they come back, but i aint holding my breath.
February 21st, 2005 01:28 AM
exile Wow What a show!!!
I was on the dancefloor.
I remeber it so well....still listen to the bootleg every few weeks.

2 years goes so fast.
February 21st, 2005 06:25 AM
luxury1 what a great idea to post these pics and thread connection. I love to relive the excitement of the last tour. Lets hope we can believe Chuck has it "right", and the tour will commence this fall...
February 21st, 2005 08:31 AM
nankerphelge SIA, your post was truly the best of the tour.
I haven't re-read the post, but the part that always stood out for me was where you were sitting in an old couch in an alley just dealing with what you had witnessed. I could really relate!

February 22nd, 2005 02:01 PM
Joey
" ... stood out for me was where you were sitting in an old couch in an alley just dealing with what you had witnessed....... "

I do this every evening after a ' strenuous ' day of posting .

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie !

King Bee ! ™

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood