ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oasis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
February 17th, 2005 03:54 PM
celtic stone Anyone here into Oasis and have a good few of their shows on cdr. I'am looking for someone to help me out and copy a few shows for b+p or money to cover cost of disc's and postage. Finding it very hard to get anyone to copy a few shows. If you can help please send me a PM and we can sort things out.
[Edited by celtic stone]
February 17th, 2005 08:15 PM
Anto I've one Oasis dvd and i'd be interested in a trade. Do you have some Stones dvd for a trade? If it's so, pm you list please.
Thanks a lot.

Anto
February 18th, 2005 12:21 AM
corgi37 yawn.
February 18th, 2005 03:08 AM
IanBillen
I liked Oasis for a bit. I wasn't nuts over them but I had a few of their albums. After the singer downed The Stones like he did I lost respect. I know it is a free country (depending on where you reside) and you have a right to voice your opinion but there is a matter of respect that should be there as well.

Ian
February 18th, 2005 07:44 AM
Monkeytonkman I think i've said this before, but man, they are one of the lamest bands i have ever seen in my life! and I've seen quite a few bands!

I was livin' in Canada at the Time and a mate of mine came over from the UK for a visit, he liked 'em and we ended up getting tickets for them. Woohoo, what a laod of old crap, all the pubs were full of Brits before the concert and It was just the most boring show I've ever seen!

I ended up leaving and waiting for my mate in the pub next door before it ended. I just couldn't take it man. but I can see why people like 'em - even if the singer is a total twat.
February 18th, 2005 09:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man In all honesty, I'm not suprised that most here amd elsewhere who slag off Oasis are not British. They're very English, both lyricaly and in attitude. If you were British and followed music in the mid-90's, chances are you'd love Oasis. They are well past their peak now, but christ, they fucking rocked in their day.

They're a great band to get wankerd too. Thats the way I view it.
February 18th, 2005 09:26 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

They're a great band to get wankerd too. Thats the way I view it.

Hit the nail on the head pal! Gettin wankered to them is a joy - but their best before date was 2-10-1995 with the release of Morning Glory.
February 18th, 2005 09:36 AM
Joey " Anyone here into Oasis ....... finding it very hard to get anyone to copy a few shows. "

< --------------Imagine THAT !!!!!!!!!!

Agreed little fella .

Why ANYONE would waste their time with " jerk off " bands like Oasis is beyond comprehension .... and poor ZAK !!!

WTF is Zak Starkey doing hanging around these two little Gallagher Brothers ?!?!?! .. WHY ?!?! .... WHY ?!?!

Only the GREAT British Bands make it in AMERICA ( See : STONES , WHO , BEATLES , KINKS ......er , are there others ?!?! --- Just teasing !!!! )

Look for Starkey to RAM his drum sticks up Noel Gallagher's arse up on stage during opening night and walk off for GOOD !

" STONES RULE YOU PUNK ASS , YA PUNK ASS BASTARDS ! "

Jazzy Joe ! ™

February 18th, 2005 10:17 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Anyone here into Oasis ....... finding it very hard to get anyone to copy a few shows. "

< --------------Imagine THAT !!!!!!!!!!

Agreed little fella .

Why ANYONE would waste their time with " jerk off " bands like Oasis is beyond comprehension .... and poor ZAK !!!

WTF is Zak Starkey doing hanging around these two little Gallagher Brothers ?!?!?! .. WHY ?!?! .... WHY ?!?!

Only the GREAT British Bands make it in AMERICA ( See : STONES , WHO , BEATLES , KINKS ......er , are there others ?!?! --- Just teasing !!!! )

Look for Starkey to RAM his drum sticks up Noel Gallagher's arse up on stage during opening night and walk off for GOOD !

" STONES RULE YOU PUNK ASS , YA PUNK ASS BASTARDS ! "

Jazzy Joe ! ™

Zack shall ditch this shotty project and return to Pete and Roger upon request
February 18th, 2005 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Zack shall ditch this shotty project and return to Pete and Roger upon request

Puggy ............................

You are a VERY wise man !

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/oasis20053.html

Burscee Joe !
February 18th, 2005 03:57 PM
Dan Seen them 3 times, less than dynamic. LOVE the first 2 albums. And so what if they dissed the Stones, Mick and Keith dont need me to get offended on their behalf!
February 18th, 2005 04:04 PM
glencar Oasis is one of the more interesting bands of the past decade. I look forward to the new release. I'm not sure what "getting wankered" means but I usually listen to them whilst driving.
February 18th, 2005 04:18 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I usually listen to them whilst driving.

You make Joey sad .
February 18th, 2005 04:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey sad .

i want to see another fight...anyone who refuses to go on stage and then heckles his bandmates, deserves to be entertaining people!

February 18th, 2005 05:12 PM
Joey " ...anyone who refuses to go on stage and then heckles his bandmates, deserves to be entertaining people! "

<--------------------Paul McCartney ?!?!?!?!

February 18th, 2005 05:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ...anyone who refuses to go on stage and then heckles his bandmates, deserves to be entertaining people! "

<--------------------Paul McCartney ?!?!?!?!

macca looks too much like a fish to go out into the stands and heckle.

February 18th, 2005 06:22 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox Oasis are one of my guilty pleasures. Most of their output since '95 is shite- I hate the way Noel layers 600 un-interesting guitar and "synth" parts on each and every fucking song- and, of course, there is the fact that they take themselves way too seriously. Yet, I still enjoy the first two albums and may very well catch them this summer when they come to the states.
February 18th, 2005 10:04 PM
Soldatti I saw them once and they kicked ass on that show. I only have the first two albums and a MP3 with all the discography.
February 19th, 2005 11:10 PM
exile

anyone with hair like this has CLEARLY done too much cocaine

Oaisis what a bunch of wankers!
February 20th, 2005 06:29 AM
JaggerLips Oasis were good and when I hear their songs on the radio these days I think that they are better than the stuff we've got these days. Didn't like them much at the time but now they are effectively gone I have a liking to them.

I like Franz Ferdinand but don't think they will last as long as Oasis.

Madferrit! Liam, do yer know what I mean?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood