ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Acoustic set Return to archive
February 17th, 2005 01:37 PM
Honky Tonker As I mentioned on the IORR board, I wish the Stones would do an acoustic set (possibly B-stage) similar to the way Led Zep did in the 70's. Would this be great or what? What songs would you like to hear?
February 17th, 2005 02:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Honky Tonker wrote:
As I mentioned on the IORR board, I wish the Stones would do an acoustic set (possibly B-stage) similar to the way Led Zep did in the 70's. Would this be great or what? What songs would you like to hear?

They did do this on many Voodoo Lounge shows, specifically i recall the Miami show. But to answer your question, i would like to hear an acoustic set of the following:

Spider and the Fly
Prodigal Son
Beast of Burden
Country Honk
Lets SPend the Night

I am a bit ragged of hearing the acoustic numbers always being Sweet Virginia, dead flowers, angie, etc

good idea.
February 17th, 2005 07:40 PM
JumpingKentFlash Numerous times I have wishd for these for as an acoustic set on the B-Stage. All members on chairs sitting down. Only the four of them and Darryl on an acoustic bass. Then they do:
1.- Honest I Do (Or some other cool blues thing from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters or something).
2.- A new acoustic song.
3.- Country Honk.
4.- Sympathy For The Devil.

Then Mick goes back first and starts jamming on his harp. They all come back and go into Midnight Rambler.
February 17th, 2005 08:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Honky Tonker wrote:
As I mentioned on the IORR board, I wish the Stones would do an acoustic set (possibly B-stage) similar to the way Led Zep did in the 70's.

I wish too, but they did it once.
February 17th, 2005 10:09 PM
BILL PERKS DEAR DOCTOR
SITTIN ON A FENCE
PLAY WITH FIRE
TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE
February 17th, 2005 10:17 PM
Gazza as well as the above selections :

Prodigal Son
Still A Fool or some other old blues song
Torn & Frayed
Let it Bleed
Lady Jane!!
February 17th, 2005 10:31 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox great idea

No Expectations
Love in Vain
Sweet Black Angel
You Got the Silver
Back Street Girl
Winter
February 17th, 2005 11:17 PM
Bruno Stone Ok:

Soul Survivour
Jig-Saw Puzzle
Moonlight Mile
Slave
February 17th, 2005 11:18 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Ok:

Soul Survivour
Jig-Saw Puzzle
Moonlight Mile
Slave

Sorry, forget Slave, the last one i meant HEAVEN
February 18th, 2005 03:03 AM
IanBillen I think they had that once and it was a Chapter that really shouldn't be reopened again on a tour. Although it was very unique and intimate when they did it on VL Tour. It may just seem like a rehash now.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 18th, 2005 07:34 AM
Steel Wheels Start Me Up - slow it down like Love Is Strong. Mick and Keef on stools....
February 18th, 2005 02:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
DEAR DOCTOR
SITTIN ON A FENCE
PLAY WITH FIRE
TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE

Best list...you win...Till the Next Goodbye would be awesome
February 18th, 2005 02:27 PM
glencar I'd love to see many of the warhorses done acoustically so that we'd get different songs during the main set.
February 18th, 2005 05:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd love to see many of the warhorses done acoustically so that we'd get different songs during the main set.

agreed....how bout acoustic:

HTW
SFM (although i still love this one electric)
You Got Me Rocking (might differrent enough to be good)
Tumbling Dice (i am very tired of hearing that one live)
Before they make me run
Satisfaction
February 18th, 2005 06:15 PM
littleredrooster Jigsaw Puzzle would be great to hear but it NEEDS electric guitars!

Prodigal Son
Spider and The Fly
Backstreet Girl
Lady Jane
Doncha Bother Me, No More
February 18th, 2005 06:28 PM
JumpingKentFlash Oh yeah. And also they should do Break The Spell there. An overlooked gem from SW.
February 18th, 2005 10:15 PM
Soldatti A good choice for a 60's set:
- Lady Jane
- Tell Me
- Backstreet Girl

- Yesterday's Papers
- Dear Doctor
- Country Honk
February 23rd, 2005 03:23 PM
Honky Tonker Country Honk would be a welcome change from HTW and still please the 1st timers. Dear Doctor is a great choice. How about an acoustic Winter?

Also,

Till The Next Goodbye
Already Over Me
Far Away Eyes
The Worst
February 23rd, 2005 04:06 PM
JumpingKentFlash Uuuuuhuuu. Some good obscure choices there Honky Tonker. I like it.
February 23rd, 2005 04:18 PM
Gazza problem is, no one but diehards would appreciate it so dont expect to hear those songs in any arena or stadium and certainly dont expect them to have the balls to rearrange any 'warhorses' that way.

It wont happen so long as the show is tailored towards the high rollers who fork out several hundred dollars and dont want to hear anything but greatest hits performed as they are on the records. If their attention span doesnt extend to tolerating slow songs, non hits or Keith's set, then forget anything like this venture
February 23rd, 2005 04:31 PM
Scottfree
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

SITTIN ON A FENCE

February 23rd, 2005 05:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Uuuuuhuuu. Some good obscure choices there Honky Tonker. I like it.

you are incorrect

The Worst was played some last tour and Far Away Eyes was done once last tour (I seen it!) as well as in 95 some. Far Away Eyes is not an acoustic song by anymeans. The key instrument in that song is the pedal Steel guitar.
February 25th, 2005 01:50 PM
Honky Tonker I never said these songs hadn't been performed live. I've seen both "The Worst" and "Far Away Eyes" played on the VL tour in Atlanta. My point was that I'd like to see a segment dedicated to some acoustic stuff, preferably on the b-stage. Also, FAE is an acoustic based song, though the steel is very upfront. Hell, it's a country song. Could we make the ability to read and a decent set of ears requirements for this site?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood