ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alfie - opinions please Return to archive
February 17th, 2005 08:37 AM
Jair I just bought the Alfie soundtrack. Can you guys gimme some opinions on it?
Thanks
February 17th, 2005 10:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
I just bought the Alfie soundtrack. Can you guys gimme some opinions on it?
Thanks

A lot of filler, especially the instrumentals, but I do like Old Habits quite a bit (expecially the slow version), Overall, it is a pretty decent listen. I am glad i bought it.
February 17th, 2005 05:43 PM
Madafaka I really enjoy that cd, almost everyday.
February 17th, 2005 05:47 PM
glencar I only like the hit single. the rest is mediocre.
February 17th, 2005 08:43 PM
Soldatti Some good stuff, the rest boring and poor. Rating: 5/10
February 17th, 2005 10:13 PM
BILL PERKS TRACK 2 IS MY FAVORITE.IN FACT ,IMO ,ONE OF JAGGERS BEST VOCALS EVER.OLD HABITS IS GOOD TOO.WE CAN CRITIQUE MICKS WORK BUT AT LEAST HE DOES WORK.THE ARTHRITIC MONKEY HAS NO RIGHT TO CRITICIZE ANYTHING MICK DOES BECAUSE HE JUST SITS ON HIS ARSE AND DOES NOTHING.
February 17th, 2005 10:16 PM
Zack >THE ARTHRITIC MONKEY

Elton Perks?
February 17th, 2005 11:43 PM
Soldatti I agree with Perks except the "ARTHRITIC MONKEY" part, it's too strong...
February 18th, 2005 06:34 AM
Jair Now that I heard the album a couple times I fear for the next Stones work...
February 18th, 2005 10:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
Now that I heard the album a couple times I fear for the next Stones work...

these were songs based on a movie, has nothing to do with a stones product unless they are writing for the "Spice World" sequel.....come on people, you are really stretching here!
February 20th, 2005 06:20 AM
JaggerLips I liked the album, loved Old Habits Die Hard and New York Hustle. All songs with Jagger great stuff, as for Joss Stone.....not much of a fan of her.

New York Hustle is the best instrumental.

I like this side of Jagger, you have to keep in mind he was doing this album for a soundtrack for a film and so had certain constriants, he had to tailor the music to the film to get a specific mood.

Jagger and Dave Stewart won Best Original Song at the Golden Globe's for Old Habit's it can't be that bad. They are the cream of the whol music industry. Eurythimics a highly talented band.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood