ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hobbies (NSC) Return to archive
23rd February 2007 06:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Anyone here have any hobbies besides music?
My doctor recently told me I should take up a hobby. I'm thinking seriously about taking her advice and start betting on the horse races. I get this channel on the Satellite TV....HRTV.(Horse Racing TV.) You can bet online which is pretty cool. I just don't know much about it. But like everything else you gotta start somewhere.
23rd February 2007 08:31 PM
pdog I'm going to swim often and start yoga, so a bit of a health hobbie... I also like looking a pretty girls alot, I'm not sure if it's a hobby, but I enjoy doing it.
23rd February 2007 08:32 PM
glencar Play tennis every day or so.
23rd February 2007 09:04 PM
Lil Brian An excellent book for someone new to handicapping is "Ainslie's Complete Guide to Thoroughbred Racing" by Tom Ainslie (1968). It's a cornerstone book. Well worth your time.
23rd February 2007 09:20 PM
Egbert I used to win money at the horse track until I learned how to read the racing guides and haven't won since. Too much information! Just go with a favorite number, color, jockey or name - you'll do fine!
23rd February 2007 09:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have some hobbies in addition to collecting music and watching and sometimes moderating this board and of course a hobby I have a few time to do: END THE FUCKING WEBSITE!!

• Teaching Introduction to Chemical Engineering, Material Balances and Energy Balances @ the Chemical Engineering Department of La Salle Univeristy
  • Training dogs (my favs are Boxer and German Shepherd)
  • Breeding dogs (only Boxer)

23rd February 2007 10:41 PM
Egbert
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
[*] Training dogs (my favs are Boxer and German Shepherd)
[*] Breeding dogs (only Boxer)
[/list]

My parents bred and showed boxers (did not do the training) - nary a year of childhood went by without 7-8 of the little buggers coming into our lives - and then leaving right when we were getting to know them - very sad. One of my favorite memories is of the first litter - we pulled into the garage one night and could hear the first pup yelping (squeaking, actually) through the door - rushed in and dad had to "break the bags" on a couple pups. None of us got any sleep that night.
23rd February 2007 11:02 PM
BILL PERKS MY PUGS TAKE UP ALL MY TIME OTHER THAN COACHING BASEBALL
23rd February 2007 11:17 PM
vox12string Laugh if you will but I collect stamps & one of my themes is music on stamps. This includes instruments, composers, singers, etc. There are 1000s of these all for 20-50c apiece.

There's an old thread @ IORR with some info, pix & links for Stones stamps

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,616383,618163#msg-618163
24th February 2007 04:47 AM
lotsajizz I swim a mile a day and I read military history for pleasure.
24th February 2007 06:55 AM
let it loose 27 - Desperate Housewives !!
- girls
24th February 2007 07:32 AM
glencar
quote:
vox12string wrote:
Laugh if you will but I collect stamps & one of my themes is music on stamps. This includes instruments, composers, singers, etc. There are 1000s of these all for 20-50c apiece.

There's an old thread @ IORR with some info, pix & links for Stones stamps

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,616383,618163#msg-618163

I have the Stones stamps from Austria.
24th February 2007 08:45 AM
Zack I have Jerry Garcia stamps. Wonder what they're worth today.
24th February 2007 09:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot My other hobbies besides music.....hmmmmmm.

My hot rod. Tinkering, washing, waxing, etc. Drag racing and classic car shows. Cruising and annoying the neighbors.

Internet Poker. I play at Paradisepoker.com. Usually Limit Hold 'em, but sometimes I play No Limit. I won't tell you if I'm good or not. Come find out for yourself. heh heh heh. I play under the name "SirStones".

Making films. I've written and directed 2 films, one feature length called "Die Motherfucker Die". And a short called "Bill Daup's P 2". I've acted in a bunch of other films by our film company, "Artpig International". Some of the titles are: the action movie "Loose Maniac", the sci-fi thriller "I Believe", the political drama "Shot Down Dead", the psychodrama "Son of Artpig", and countless other short films. We are set to do another full length this spring/summer. Possibly a spoof on Elvis movies. Our movies are barely understandable, shoddily made on zero budget, and almost completely unwatchable. Our motto is "Absurd films for an absurd world." But oddly enough, we have fans on 4 continents, and in 15+ countries! We are currently in the process of re-editing our movies for DVD release. Watch for our ad in Psychotronic Magazine.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
24th February 2007 09:52 AM
Jumacfly Playing bass
Bicycle ballads
Repairing or creating furnitures for my house
24th February 2007 11:42 AM
fireontheplatter i love desperate housewives too

i like to rock climb and mountain bike.
i also like to do jigsaw puzzles

everywhere i go it seems its the same
24th February 2007 12:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Egbert wrote:

My parents bred and showed boxers (did not do the training) - nary a year of childhood went by without 7-8 of the little buggers coming into our lives - and then leaving right when we were getting to know them - very sad. One of my favorite memories is of the first litter - we pulled into the garage one night and could hear the first pup yelping (squeaking, actually) through the door - rushed in and dad had to "break the bags" on a couple pups. None of us got any sleep that night.

I use to received "The Boxer Review" and I'm familiar with many breeders in the USA and Canada (i.e. Turos, Treceeders, etc) let me know (in private if you want) who they were as breeders maybe I have pictures of them showing their dogs at some AKC show
24th February 2007 12:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot My dog Bubba is a Boxer/Pit Bull mix. He has a big Pit Bull head on a long, tall, Boxer body.

I gotta say...my dog is out of his fucking mind. I have heard that insanity runs in the Boxer breed. He farts. A lot. He has constant need for attention and contact. He has no idea that he's supposed to be afraid of anything. No fear of anything at all. And strong...holy hell that dog is strong. He pulls my 11 year old kid all over the house. I'm gonna see if he'll pull me on my in-line skates this summer. I think he thinks that he's a little lap dog. Except he's about 70lbs. But as soon as you sit down, he's trying to get in your lap. He is also one of the most mischievious dogs I've ever been around. My kid will be on the floor playing with his action figures, and Bubba will sneak up and steal them...one at a time...and hide them. Then he sits and watchs my kid try to find them. I could swear that Bubba is laughing the whole time too.

He is a great guard dog. No one in their right mind would try to break in my car with him in it. He might try to lick the criminal to death, but the criminal doesn't know that. Very effective. He's jet black with a white chest and belly, so he'll match the new paint I'm gonna get on my hot rod...LOL! I already told my family, the passenger seat of my hot rod is Bubba's seat. If you wanna sit there, you gotta get his permission first.
24th February 2007 12:41 PM
charlotte
24th February 2007 02:05 PM
Bloozehound drinkin 40's
24th February 2007 02:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Are Tipper and Duke your dogs Rick?
24th February 2007 02:27 PM
charlotte yep!
24th February 2007 03:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's Bubba.

Here's me n Bubba when he was still a pup and I was still sportin' a Brittany.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)