ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: seeing Moody Blues tonight Return to archive
23rd February 2007 12:12 PM
Lethargy I'm off to see the Moody Blues tonight in a 2600 seat theatre. Very psyched. I love this band and their early 'orchestral prog' sound. Their first seven albums (1967-1972) date better than many from that era (and every one of them is better than the ridiculously overrated Sgt. Pepper). Even their subsequent albums - though more poppy to be sure - are decent.

Any other Moody Blues fans out there? Come on, don't be shy...
23rd February 2007 12:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Man am I feelin old right about now.

23rd February 2007 12:17 PM
Lethargy I predicted that Sway would be the first to rag on me for my Friday night entertainment choice...
23rd February 2007 12:18 PM
Lethargy Of course, I'd much rather be in Brooklyn tonight for the EXILE show to be sure. You betcha!! Have fun y'all and report back.
23rd February 2007 12:36 PM
Saint Sway ENOUGH OF THE SUCKING ALREADY!!!!
23rd February 2007 12:42 PM
thejuf I am a MB fan and oh, how I envy you.....
23rd February 2007 02:10 PM
jb My partner saw them and said they were really old and not very good...............................................
23rd February 2007 02:15 PM
lotsajizz ....they've always been a guilty pleasure of mine...I know they're not very cool or hip, but I always had a weak spot for their occasional way with a hook...
23rd February 2007 02:16 PM
jb They had that PBS performance over a decade ago....dudes are old.
23rd February 2007 02:20 PM
lotsajizz no doubt, btw...comin' your way again in April....I will pm as details are firmed up
[Edited by lotsajizz]
23rd February 2007 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
no doubt, btw...comin' your way again in April....I will pm as details are firmed up
[Edited by lotsajizz]

It was funny meeting you at the Sunrise show...cool that you picked me out of the crowd. UM has hit rock bottom in my opinion.
23rd February 2007 03:02 PM
lotsajizz we were worse in the 70's...we shall rise again!
23rd February 2007 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
we were worse in the 70's...we shall rise again!

True..I sat through many games in the 70's watching Chuck Foreman....we had a few stand out players, but alwasy got the snot beat out of us...I recall losing to Notre Dame in the mid 70's 40-0. Off course when we later beat and humiliated them, they took us off their schedule.
23rd February 2007 03:14 PM
lotsajizz Notre Dame are cowards. We beat them on National TV my sophomore year when we won our first championship. Two years later we beat them 58-0 or some such 'cuz the fuckin' pussies quit on their outgoing coach, Gerry Faust, and then we got bad press for 'running it up' (this, in the middle of a race for #1 where considerations as points and margin of victory are weighed!!!!!!). The cowards started looking for a way out at that point and a couple of years got it. I despise Notre Dame. They are the team of the past.
23rd February 2007 03:15 PM
lotsajizz btw, remember Ted Hendricks? he was also a 'Cane during the Dark years...with Foreman

tough times

thankfully Schnellenberger arrived!
23rd February 2007 03:18 PM
Saint Sway Thanks for posting this Lethargy.

It will provide great humor for your brother and I tonight.
23rd February 2007 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
btw, remember Ted Hendricks? he was also a 'Cane during the Dark years...with Foreman

tough times

thankfully Schnellenberger arrived!

I see Howard at his restaurant in Boca quite often.. ..a great man who changed UM into the most dominant program over the past 3 decades...
23rd February 2007 03:32 PM
glencar Sundance did a Moody Blows song on AI the other night & he very nearly lost the competition.
23rd February 2007 03:33 PM
lotsajizz Saint Howard...although some thought differently and our team was on probation my freshmen year...and then Notre Dame's cowards broke Jim Kelly's leg at the halfway mark. Some kid named Bernie seemed to fill in OK and gave promise for next season when Kelly was drafted by the USFL.

23rd February 2007 06:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I used to like some of their stuff. They're ok. I'm surprised they survived this long though.
23rd February 2007 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
My partner saw them and said they were really old and not very good...............................................

Yes. Old. I hate getting old. I hate seeing my friends getting old.
23rd February 2007 08:40 PM
glencar Howe long have they had the current line-up?
23rd February 2007 09:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe long have they had the current line-up?

I don't know but I think a sembelence of the original group is still intact. They're not like some of these bands like the Beach Boys with only one original member pawning themselves on the world as the real McCoy.
23rd February 2007 09:12 PM
MRD8 The Moody Blues have three of the members who made the "classic seven" albums that they are most known for, Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge...Justin Hayward replaced Denny Laine in 1967, it was Laine's version of the Moodies who had the hit, Go Now. Flutist Ray Thomas stopped touring in 2003 for personal reasons, keyboardist Mike Pinder left the band late in the 70's. I have a ton of their bootlegs, the most recent is from London on October 11th of last year...my wife and I saw them last year and they still put on a decent show!
[Edited by MRD8]
24th February 2007 11:54 AM
fireontheplatter how was the show?
did they play the song..ride my see saw?
i love that song

iiiiiiiiii'm gonna take you down. hear me knocking?
24th February 2007 12:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I like them, not a fan but have their eraly albums and some others like 7th Sojourn and Long Distance Voyager (this with Patrick Moraz ex-yes adding some magic touch to this great album). I saw them live during this tour in 1981. I also have "Blue Jays" (Justin + John)

Love their tribute to Timothy Leary!
24th February 2007 06:40 PM
glencar
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The Moody Blues have three of the members who made the "classic seven" albums that they are most known for, Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge...Justin Hayward replaced Denny Laine in 1967, it was Laine's version of the Moodies who had the hit, Go Now. Flutist Ray Thomas stopped touring in 2003 for personal reasons, keyboardist Mike Pinder left the band late in the 70's. I have a ton of their bootlegs, the most recent is from London on October 11th of last year...my wife and I saw them last year and they still put on a decent show!
[Edited by MRD8]

Danks for the info! Mike Pinder was in the Searchers at one point in the 80's.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)