ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the winos on snl Return to archive
23rd February 2007 10:14 AM
duck
23rd February 2007 11:06 AM
glencar Tom Hanks!
23rd February 2007 11:06 AM
Mel Belli Brilliant! What did they do for the second number -- "Struggle"?
[Edited by Mel Belli]
23rd February 2007 11:09 AM
lotsajizz yup--'Struggle' was the next tune, I recorded it on VHS that night....a funny episode
23rd February 2007 11:19 AM
Mel Belli I remember Tom Hanks hosting and, at the beginning, doing a frantic bit about everything falling apart right before showtime. He sees Keith pouring coffee and tells him someone in the band threw up on something. Pretty funny.
23rd February 2007 11:20 AM
Lethargy Awesome! I remember watching that one - very inebriated I might add - live. 20 or so freakin years ago. Man am I feelin old right about now.
23rd February 2007 12:08 PM
Saint Sway I saw the Wino's on SNL backing up Neil Young

did they ever tour as his backup band?
23rd February 2007 02:59 PM
texile i really have to get my hands on those cds...
but i want them now.
23rd February 2007 03:01 PM
texile i just tried to google inexpensive winos and got nothing..
wtf? did i spell it wrong.
23rd February 2007 03:13 PM
Saint Sway X-Pensive Wino's
23rd February 2007 03:15 PM
jb Sorry, but Keith solo is very embarrassing...this was the beginning of the end for him(and his hair).
23rd February 2007 03:16 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
X-Pensive Wino's

ok, that was dumb
lol...
23rd February 2007 03:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Sorry, but Keith solo is very embarrassing...this was the beginning of the end for him(and his hair).

I OBJECT!!

WINO'S RULED!

last great guitars! Still very raunchy like on the 82 tour
23rd February 2007 03:33 PM
glencar This was Keith's first solo effort which was quite fine in eighty-nine. The dud that followed a few years later was the beginning of the end of his solo act.
23rd February 2007 03:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
This was Keith's first solo effort which was quite fine in eighty-nine. The dud that followed a few years later was the beginning of the end of his solo act.

I just remeber watching that and it kinda embarrassed me...yes, it certainly rocked more than the Keith of today, but he did not fit in well on the SNL show....to commercial for what he was doing.
23rd February 2007 03:37 PM
glencar Hmmm...you're wrong. Totally.
23rd February 2007 03:37 PM
glencar Joshy, you haven't started an AI thread. What gives?
23rd February 2007 03:41 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hmmm...you're wrong. Totally.

No...if you objectively look at the performance it is a bit out of place in that format. You are letting you emotions rule your better judgment..this is a common liberal mistake.
23rd February 2007 03:45 PM
glencar I had dinner at a friend's house last night & one of the other guests announced that she's in some sort of I Love Hillary club. Similar to becoming a Mousketeer, I gather. I was the ONLY conservative in that gathering of 14 people or so.
23rd February 2007 03:54 PM
texile it was keith.
just exactly what you would expect and i think that's why i liked it.
nothing pretentious or daring - just good dirty, funky rock and roll.
that al green thing he did on talk (my mistake? something like that)is one of the best things he's ever done.
23rd February 2007 04:01 PM
glencar Make No Mistake? No shit. It was featured on a Sopronas episode & I almost cried.
23rd February 2007 05:24 PM
fireontheplatter awesome video
keep it alive

put me out with no shoes on my feet.
23rd February 2007 05:27 PM
Saint Sway THAT is Rock & Roll.

Awesome clip!

Killer riff! Killer attitude.

Drayton's a bad ass. Look at all the coke he left on his cymbols
23rd February 2007 05:36 PM
fireontheplatter just one time
just once would i love to power to ask a well respected musician.....would you like to join the band?
that would be the coolest.
i have never seen that video before and if someone else can come up with the 2nd song my weekend will be full.

i was a gay in ny i was a fag in la
23rd February 2007 06:00 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
Make No Mistake? No shit. It was featured on a Sopronas episode & I almost cried.

that's it!
great song,
to bad it wasn't on a stones cd and we could have had that instaed of the worst live.
24th February 2007 10:04 AM
Jumacfly Not my cup of tea.

Winos bores me to death with their sound,too much keyboard,sounds like a frutiloop demo..all the backing vocals are quite lame as well...ans please celebrate the debut of Keith as a poser
they might be great musicians, I miss the sparks on this tune...
Just my 2 cents guys, opinions are like you know what
24th February 2007 02:33 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
glencar wrote:
I had dinner at a friend's house last night & one of the other guests announced that she's in some sort of I Love Hillary club. Similar to becoming a Mousketeer, I gather. I was the ONLY conservative in that gathering of 14 people or so.

Sounds like a personal hell
24th February 2007 06:05 PM
Ronnie Richards the winos made better music than anything the stones have done since the seventies
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)