ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are songs timeless? Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2007 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
If she gets elected next year, I shall move to France.

She is simply " Unbeatable " and will become our nation's first Lesbian President .

" Hillary Loves ' Puss Puss ' Ronnie ! "

Sassy Cakes !

23rd February 2007 03:56 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
glencar you cretin, i do it because it makes people happy, i didnt say i didnt enjoy the stones, i was just injecting some reality into your fantasy land

OLDKR

Fantasyland? It's an opinion. I don't think you should suffer just to make others happy. I'm worried for you. Perhaps there are other bands you should start boards for?
23rd February 2007 03:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

She is simply " Unbeatable " and will become our nation's first Lesbian President .

" Hillary Loves ' Puss Puss ' Ronnie ! "

Sassy Cakes !

Wasn't Woodrow Wilson's wife a lesbian? I was taught that in high school.
23rd February 2007 04:00 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't Woodrow Wilson's wife a lesbian? I was taught that in high school.

No , she was African American .

I was taught that in Sunday School

Snuggles
23rd February 2007 04:03 PM
glencar No, Garfield was the one they taught us was possibly black. Buke was a homo. And maybe Lincoln. Stuff they teach!
23rd February 2007 04:04 PM
Saint Sway Dance Little Sister will stand the test of time.
23rd February 2007 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Dance Little Sister will stand the test of time.

So will " Terrifying "
23rd February 2007 04:07 PM
glencar Hell, even the Beatles crap is timeless.
23rd February 2007 04:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

So will " Terrifying "

don't start with me Joey!

don't...

23rd February 2007 04:26 PM
glencar Rough Boys = Timeless???
23rd February 2007 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rough Boys = Timeless???

No. Pete loses interest after they turn 14.
23rd February 2007 05:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Again I must strongly disagree with you on this point my friend. The fact that bands like Black Stone Cherry,Jet,The Hives,The Strokes,The Vines,and yes,even The White Stripes,and most famously The Black Crowes cop many of their riffs and chord structures and chord progression in very Stonesian style only underscores the Stones' timelessness. Not to mention the fact that 42 years on we are still hearing Satisfaction on the Mainstream Rock radio format as well as Classic Rock only further underscores this point. Then,of course,there is the fact that 45 years later and the band can still sell out stadiums the world over speaks to their timelessness.

The Stones helped write the blueprint for what a rock and roll band is all about. Two guitars,one bass,a drum kit,and an overblown ego with a mic. Four decades later the blueprint is still being followed to the letter. The bands that ignore this blueprint often find their carreers ending as soon as the whims of a fickle trend following fanbase change their musical preferences. The Stones have always managed to keep new generations of fans coming back for more. That can not be said of bands that are locked in their own particular era. Think about the 1980's for example. Where are The Eurythmics? The Thompson Twins? Duran Duran? The Stray Cats? Men At Work? Tears For Fears? They were all bands that were cemented in a particular time. They were not timeless,and they have been left by the ever changing musical tastes of the public. The Stones have always managed to change with the times,and thus they remain timeless.

The Stones are the very definition of timelessness. They prove it every time they launch annother world tour. Plus when was the last time you heard Satisfaction on the radio? Now compare that to the last time you heard Come On Eileen!

Riffy

well put

sliped my tounge in someone elses pie tasting better everytime
23rd February 2007 05:20 PM
Saint Sway Dance Little Sister continues to age like fine wine.
23rd February 2007 07:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Dance Little Sister will stand the test of time.

I know I've posted this before but I've always felt that one of the reasons the Stones would win out over the Beatles in the long run is because Beatles songs have a "dated quality" in them. Sure those Beatles songs are "timeless" but not Universal like the good Stones tunes.
23rd February 2007 08:33 PM
glencar You're making sense there...
23rd February 2007 10:29 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

No. Pete loses interest after they turn 14.

You are quite the shit disturber. Keep up the good work!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)