ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nice header! Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st February 2007 03:16 PM
Brian Jones Girl The boys are lookin grooovy!
21st February 2007 04:00 PM
Gazza whats with all that funny stuff on their faces? Something to do with it being Ash Wednedsday?
21st February 2007 04:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
whats with all that funny stuff on their faces? Something to do with it being Ash Wednedsday?

I noticed that too, Gazza! Our friend Voodoo is at it again!
21st February 2007 04:55 PM
fireontheplatter it is very cool to see an oldie photo where brian jones is not eliminated in the photo. i like today photo...they don't look in the cheeriest of moods, but who cares. great color and costumes.

he can't be a man because he doesn't smoke the same cigaretts as me.
21st February 2007 04:57 PM
Soldatti Brian looks like hell, it seems a photo from 2007!
21st February 2007 05:01 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
they don't look in the cheeriest of moods, but who cares.

Perhaps because their album was a flop?

But who cares indeed... I love their little psychedelic period.
21st February 2007 05:03 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Brian looks like hell, it seems a photo from 2007!

Are you kidding me man??

That pic is sooo 1967!

And Brian dosen't look like hell!
21st February 2007 05:10 PM
SweetVirginia Great photo, Gypsy.
I love they way they are all staring into the camera.

Beautiful.

21st February 2007 05:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

Are you kidding me man??

That pic is sooo 1967!

Come on, look at his face, he looks like a 50+ years old man. Bad pic, he looked 20 years younger even in his last photo session with the Stones.
21st February 2007 05:21 PM
mojoman pimp daddy
21st February 2007 05:45 PM
Gazza Quite possibly the only photo in the band's history where Bill Wyman looks the most stoned of all of them...
21st February 2007 06:40 PM
fireontheplatter nah
rubbish

you can't have it both ways 'round
21st February 2007 08:19 PM
GhostofBrianJones There IS something weird about that picture and I can't figure out what it is.
Brian looks so much BIGGER than the rest of them and it has a strange color
cast to it. Really weird.
21st February 2007 08:24 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Come on, look at his face, he looks like a 50+ years old man. Bad pic, he looked 20 years younger even in his last photo session with the Stones.

This is his last photo session with them in '69...

I still don't see what you are talking about!

Hmm I doubt you would say anything about The Stones showing their age nowadays but you sure would say that about Brian...
21st February 2007 08:56 PM
Riffhard I like this photo for one reason alone. It shows just how foolish the whole psychedelic look was for the Stones. This shot just goes to show that even back then Jagger was following the flavors de jour in regards to fashion trends,etc. The Stones were never hippies or flower children as Keith has stated many times over the years. While they were certainly proud members of the counter culture,and very bohemian in their lifestyles. And no doubt they were the darlings of the whole Swinging London scene especially Mick and Marianne. However,they were never hippies! Ever! With the exception of 10,000 Light Years From Home not even the music that the Stones did during the psychedelic era was worth a shit. That whole era to me was an example of the Stones (Mick) trying to keep up with the Joneses (Beatles). With horrible results I might add. That said,the photo is a fun look down memory lane,and things always look a bit better after some time and distance have passed.

Riffy
21st February 2007 09:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:
I still don't see what you are talking about!

Hmm I doubt you would say anything about The Stones showing their age nowadays but you sure would say that about Brian...

He looks OLD in the header pic, in the photo of 1969 he looks 20-25 years younger.
21st February 2007 10:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

Are you kidding me man??

That pic is sooo 1967!

Read before, I agree 100% with him, in that picture Brian looks much older than probably any other picture, he does not look a 26 years old boy but someone in his 40s or 50s, he looks very bad there
21st February 2007 11:29 PM
Brian Jones Girl ugh

[Edited by Brian Jones Girl]
21st February 2007 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It ends with facts (well is not the end of the thread at all LOL)

Let's be serious he looks really bad, being a fan does not necessarily mean that for a fan he will always look nice in all pix, or that he plays right always and that everything he touches turns gold. Brian was a human being; I'm a fan and have given him for years tributes, webcasts, headers, radio and webradio programs, specials, etc but... I'm not blind.

Am I wrong just because I agree with Soldatti in the fact that he looks so bad, wasted or with a therrible hangover and very old in that picture?

Hope
22nd February 2007 12:12 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
With the exception of 10,000 Light Years From Home not even the music that the Stones did during the psychedelic era was worth a shit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Brian Jones Girl]
22nd February 2007 03:08 AM
Zack
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
With the exception of 10,000 Light Years From Home not even the music that the Stones did during the psychedelic era was worth a shit.

C'mon Riffy:
Citadel
2000 Man
She's a Rainbow
We Love You
Dandelion
Child of the Moon (cusp)

All worth a shit. Most of rest is not great, but it is great fun.
22nd February 2007 06:37 AM
GhostofBrianJones I really don't think it is a very good picture of the band at all. It doesn't look
right or something. Brian looks fine. Maybe it is the lighting or the film or
the way the picture was taken but something is weird. Don't just look at
Brian. Look at the rest of the band in size compared to Brian, my father was
a photographer and I am saying there is something weird about that darn
picture!! It looks out of proportion or something, I can't figure it out yet.
I wonder what kind of lense that was shot with? It is almost like the front looks
smaller than the back part. If the photograper, had backed up some it may
have looked a lot different.
22nd February 2007 06:52 AM
LadyJane BRIAN LOOKS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that is impossible for some of you to admit and quite frankly that is disturbing on so many levels.

I don't think it's a great shot of Mick either.

However, Keith looks great.
His face is showing maturity and he's lost that awkward, almost dorky look of some of the earlier pics.

LJ.
22nd February 2007 07:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header, with thanks to Gypsy and Gamma Press

22nd February 2007 07:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Bill's eyes look like he's trying to see right through somebody.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
22nd February 2007 09:26 AM
GerryS The first thing I noticed when I looked at the picture is Brian's eyes. He looks like he had been crying to me. Very sad look and his eyes look kind of red-rimmed to me.. Not a good shot I agree. But then again I don't think any of them look particuarly great in that photo.
And yeah..the photography itself is weird. He does look bigger than the others. (Maybe it's the furry vest giving that illusion?)
I would like to say that I really wish people could and would be as objective about Brian and his faults as they are about the others. You all know I like the guy or I wouldn't have a website and message board for him but I'm not blinded to his faults. There's a number of things that personally I'd rattle his teeth about but that holds true for the others as well. I cut him some slack in part, because I've always felt he was damaged goods so to speak, long before he met the other Stones. We are a product of our environment and upbringing whether we like it or not. If you're treated like crap growing up, that's most likely gonna be one of your own defense mechanisms when you grow up. You know, the whole "you are what you eat" thing. Then get in a crazy situation like being a rock star and all that goes with it I'm sure you lose sight of the "real world". And you have all these parasites hanging around you and maybe after awhile you lose track of who you really are. Or you begin to buy into the image and the stuff written about you. All I know is that I would not want to be in that kind of unhealthy environment because as strong as I think I am, I believe I'd lose sight of who I was too.
As for the beating women...the only person I've ever heard say she was beaten is Anita when they ditched him and left him in Morocco. I've seen the pix supposedly taken the morning after said beating and it's kind of disconcerting that she is wearing this very skimpy little sundress with not much left to the imagination and yet you see no bruises or anything in evidence. He has a cast on his hand so something happened just maybe not necessarily what or the way she said. As you can probably tell I don't buy much of what Anita says about much of anything. Strange lady who liked to muck with people's minds in my opinion. (she was doing that still in that interview with Keith posted the other day by Gypsy.)Pat has never said that he beat her..reading "difficult to deal with" as beating is going abit far I think. I've never heard Linda say she was beaten either. In fact, right up to the time of his death, she thought he would come back to her. If he did indeed beat her, and she still wanted him back, well, then there was a problem on her end too.
I can admire him for the musician he was, doesn't mean I have to defend all his faults. We all have them. And I think there were many good things about Brian, I think he tried hard but mucked up alot of the time and I think it's unfortunate he didn't have anybody stable that he could really talk with and who was strong enough to steer him in the right direction in alot of instances. I'm reasonably sure that in that crazy kind of life you end up trusting no one really..not even yourself and you end up wondering if anyone really likes you or do they want something from you? You end up lost.
Well, enough of my 2 cents worth. As Stewed And Keefed says, please, try not to judge him TOO harshly... He's not here to tell his side of the story.
[Edited by GerryS]
22nd February 2007 10:24 AM
LadyJane "I would like to say that I really wish people could and would be as objective about Brian and his faults as they are about the others."

Ironic statement given the fact that most Brian fans are incapable of any objectivity re this man.

Imhfo, of course.

LJ.

22nd February 2007 12:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Zack wrote:

C'mon Riffy:
Citadel
2000 Man
She's a Rainbow
We Love You
Dandelion
Child of the Moon (cusp)

All worth a shit. Most of rest is not great, but it is great fun.

Alright Zack I'll give you that point. In fact after I had posted that bit about the music I immediatly thought about She's A Rainbow,Danelion,etc. My point still remains though that the Stones were never a bunch of flower children or hippies,and the music that they made during that era,while some of it decent,was not representive of what the band was about. It was,rather,one of the earliest attempts at staying trendy,and on top of the social fads of the day. This has been Jagger's MO for years now,and this was just one of the earliest examples of it rearing it's ugly head.

On another note. This may have actually been a good thing in many ways for the Stones. I mean we did get a great album out of Jagger's flavor of the month fetish. Some Girls was all about the Stones' trying to out punk the punks. Not to mention the single Miss You was one of the best disco songs ever recorded by anyone during that horrid disco era. Jagger's yerning to stay current is probably also responsible,at least in some part,for the band's longevity.

I just don't think that the Stones ever really pulled off the pcyhedelic look. For that matter I don't think anyone else really did either with the exception of the San Fransisco bands of the day. The Dead,Quicksilver,the Airplane,etc.The Beatles did it better than any of the English bands though. They were hugely responsible for much of the look and sounds of the "Summer Of Love" in 1967,and their stint with the Maharishi in 1968 was also a very iconic hippie pilgrimage that has helped cement the Beatles place in hippiedom. With the Stones,at least to me,it always seemed that they were just there for the ride,and never really bought into the whole peace,love,and flowers in your hair bullshit imagery. In fact they followed arguably their worst album TSMR with the first of the "big four" and left the whole flower children crap behind forever. Thank god for that!

Riffy
22nd February 2007 12:55 PM
GerryS I'm not sure how much more objective I personally could get than saying I'd rattle his teeth over a number of things.(to put it mildly) I can't and won't speak for all Brian fans..that would be impossible. God knows I have met my share of people who are "out there" in BJ fandom as well as Stones fandom over all these years. I fail to understand why you didn't see that I was agreeing up to a point with some of the things said, the difference being that I've tried to look at the big picture all these years and I'm willing to cut BJ some slack. But I have to admit that I don't and never have understood why Brian is condemned so brutally for so much of the same behavior that is pretty much looked upon as ok for Mick and Keith. Personally I don't think fathering numerous illegitimate kids is cool even if they are financially taken care of. Those kids have to grow up with the knowledge that daddy is not there all the time and has many other kids as well. I guess what I'm saying is there's no stability there. I don't think being on drugs for so many years is a healthy way of raising kids either.
I didn't come over to pick a fight or any of that..just to state my opinion also and frankly I thought I put my opinion quite well. Nuff said.
22nd February 2007 01:04 PM
jb Brian formed the greatest band ever, and therefore, we must never judge him too harshly.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)