ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Went to the Rock n Roll Show last night... Return to archive
20th February 2007 08:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot And there was actual Rock and Roll actually happening there! Both Rock AND Roll were present and accounted for, thanks to my fine friends from The Chance, Black Landlord, and The Mooney Suzuki.

If you ever see that The Mooney Suzuki are in your neck of the woods, I highly recommend that you drop everything, call in to work sick for the next day, and go see some good ol' kick ass Rock n Roll.

They are good, as tight as a touring band can get, energetic, and loads of fun.

If you go you can expect something like this....

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
20th February 2007 08:12 PM
fireontheplatter cool man

i need a certified dolly to help me out now
20th February 2007 08:46 PM
pdog Awesome, Totally fucking awesome!
20th February 2007 11:57 PM
glencar I've heard of Moony Suzuki but not the others...
21st February 2007 12:46 AM
Spru
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

If you ever see that The Mooney Suzuki are in your neck of the woods, I highly recommend that you drop everything, call in to work sick for the next day, and go see some good ol' kick ass Rock n Roll.

They are good, as tight as a touring band can get, energetic, and loads of fun.

I agree 100%. I saw them 4 years ago in a very, very small venue, the now-defunct Club Laga in Pittsburgh. Their energy was unreal, they came out and walked around the crowd during the encore, rocked the entire fucking house, and my ears hurt for the next 2 days. And lucky my ears were better 2 days later, because I saw the Stones for the first time ever at SARS-Stock in Toronto. Quite a rocking week.
21st February 2007 06:15 AM
charlotte thanks SS for keeping us up on clubbing rock n' roll!!! that's where it all starts...
21st February 2007 11:39 AM
Saint Sway theres a band here in NY with an album about to come out. I want you all to keep an eye and ear on them.

they're called The Band of Thieves. And they're bringing real R&R back.

some great new rock bands coming out of NYC right now.

The Izzy's are currently recording their 2nd album.

Band of Thieves debut is on its way.

Spanking Charlene's album is coming out next month!

And The New Heathens and Leroy Justice both put out debuts last year that are the most fantastic torn-n-frayed Stonesaholic records! Get them both!

NYC ROCK is back!

and a reminder.... Stones fans you don't want to miss THIS FRIDAY'S Big Exile Show!!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st February 2007 12:32 PM
deuce I love the Star Spangles out of New York. Contrary to popular belief, rock is not dead
21st February 2007 01:45 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Spru wrote:

I agree 100%. I saw them 4 years ago in a very, very small venue, the now-defunct Club Laga in Pittsburgh. Their energy was unreal, they came out and walked around the crowd during the encore, rocked the entire fucking house, and my ears hurt for the next 2 days. And lucky my ears were better 2 days later, because I saw the Stones for the first time ever at SARS-Stock in Toronto. Quite a rocking week.

Wish we still had Laga! One of the best shows I ever saw was Cracker at Laga in 2002. They had just been dropped from Virgin and played like it was their last show. Lowery went insane and gave the crowd the phone number of some a-hole at Virgin and told us to let him know he we felt about their decision to drop them and sign Mariah Carey to a $80million contract or whatever it was. Unfortunatly there were only like 100 people in the damn place. Guess that is why it is now student housing...

[Edited by HardKnoxDurtySox]
21st February 2007 03:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >that's where it all starts...<

Actually, that's where it all IS. I have found big shed/arena/stadium shows to be dull and lifeless...regardless of how good the band is, or how hard they are playing. That was cemented with me after the last big venue show I was at...Raconteurs/Dylan. The bands were fuckin' great, but I just felt so far away and removed from the show that I found my attention drifting. It was like watching a DVD at home. It was fine, but there was little to zero excitement for me.

Club rock is just so.....in your face. Both literally and figuratively. It's a participatory thing. And THAT is the way Rock n Roll was meant to be. Not only that, but you can actually talk to the performers pre and post gig.

Duece...I agree with you about the Star Spangles. I became friends with their manager, and they had some of my pics on their website. Unfortunately, i don't have those pics any more...lost when my hard drive went belly up last year. I remember backing them up onto a disc...but who the fuck knows where that might be. I just made a iPod playlist for my new hot rod, and "I Live For Speed" is on there. Capitol has dropped them, and the record they made with Ian McLagan has been shelved indefinately. The drummer and bass player left the band shortly there-after. I have not heard from them in a long while, and I fear they may be kaput.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)