ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith's solo cds: are they out of print? Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st February 2007 08:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when folks ask me if I like Mick's solo albums, I always sternly deny that he's ever released a solo record.

Usually, they follow that up with "but didnt he do that song with Lenny Kravitz?". To which, I say "No. No. That wasnt Mick. You're confusing him with someone else. Mick's never released a solo record and never will. You should just listen to Some Girls"

Well, "Some Girls" was almost a Mick solo album, save for the last three tracks.
22nd February 2007 02:05 PM
texile
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Well, "Some Girls" was almost a Mick solo album, save for the last three tracks.

that's definately true...
there are so many some girls outtakes compilations out there that are a must-have for any stones fan.
it's jagger tearing through those sessions..
the man was on fire during those recordings - writing, playing, singing his ass off.
if anyone doubts jagger's contribution to the stones...
just listen to that shit.
22nd February 2007 02:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
texile wrote:

that's definately true...
there are so many some girls outtakes compilations out there that are a must-have for any stones fan.
it's jagger tearing through those sessions..
the man was on fire during those recordings - writing, playing, singing his ass off.
if anyone doubts jagger's contribution to the stones...
just listen to that shit.

In all candor, when has anyone every doubted Mick Jagger's contribution to the stones?
22nd February 2007 02:07 PM
jb Keith's contributions ended immediately after Mick Taylor left the band and Ronnie came in.....he has never played the same or contributed anything of value(see Losing My Touch).
22nd February 2007 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith's contributions ended immediately after Mick Taylor left the band and Ronnie came in.....he has never played the same or contributed anything of value(see Losing My Touch).

Many suggest that Ian Stewart was never the same one Mick T left the band!
22nd February 2007 02:24 PM
jb You were, obviously, not born with the posting gene!!!!!!
22nd February 2007 02:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
You were, obviously, not born with the posting gene!!!!!!

22nd February 2007 03:37 PM
Highwire Rob Wandering Spirit & Main Offender are an integral part of my daily/weekly Stones listening.

by the way... JB is back?
23rd February 2007 07:42 AM
Steel Wheels The Winos sounded like everything you ever wanted from a Keith solo band. Loud guitars, hard-hitting drums, and the best playing of Keith's career. I cannot get over how brilliant the Palladium DVD/CD are...it's the sound of someone at the top of their game.
23rd February 2007 06:34 PM
texile
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

In all candor, when has anyone every doubted Mick Jagger's contribution to the stones?

quite a few actually....
among shortsighted music fans AND stones fans.
jagger is often perceived as the money-driven souless front band,
while keith is seen as the real talent in the shadows.

23rd February 2007 08:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Wandering Spirit & Main Offender are an integral part of my daily/weekly Stones listening.

by the way... JB is back?

WS is certainly very good but Main Offender can be skipped. I vastly prefer Primitive Cool. Or that 1st Ronnie Wood CD.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)