ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith's solo cds: are they out of print? Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th February 2007 07:22 PM
texile how do i get keith's solo stuff?
is this stuff even available?
i know mick's solo cds are pretty scarce in the cd bins....
20th February 2007 07:48 PM
time is on my side Finding good CD/record stores is getting harder and harder to find (I personally can usually find a few in college towns)as the corporate monsters like Best Buys continue to take over the entire market.

The good news is you can order just about anything online. (Personally, I'm going that route more and more myself). Check out amazon.com & other web sites. Boy do I miss the good old fashioned record stores where you could bury yourself for hours looking over all their nuggets.
20th February 2007 07:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
texile wrote:
how do i get keith's solo stuff?
is this stuff even available?
i know mick's solo cds are pretty scarce in the cd bins....

if you like i can have my landlord burn you a copy of the paladium show...it has a killer too rude and a 19 minute version of happy on it

make up your mind cause i gotta go
21st February 2007 09:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man All of Keith's solo CD's are available through internet sites like Amazon. Your smaller record shops may no longer stock them, but most major ones will.
21st February 2007 09:35 AM
Mel Belli Apropos of nada, I noticed that "Goddess In the Doorway" is the only Mick album available on iTunes. Discuss.
21st February 2007 09:41 AM
oldkr mick's albums are terrible; itunes sells albums; itunes is for people who buy terrible music!

OLDKR

21st February 2007 11:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Apropos of nada, I noticed that "Goddess In the Doorway" is the only Mick album available on iTunes. Discuss.

Its the only one that he released on Virgin. That's probably the reason.
21st February 2007 12:18 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its the only one that he released on Virgin. That's probably the reason.

What were the others on -- Columbia (STB and LW) and Atlantic (WS)? Why would that preclude a licensing deal with iTunes?
21st February 2007 12:48 PM
Stones
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

What were the others on -- Columbia (STB and LW) and Atlantic (WS)? Why would that preclude a licensing deal with iTunes?

I have all his solo. The first 2 were originally on Columbia but are now on Atlantic - at least they were when I bought them around 10 years ago. He might have signed the rights to them over to Atlantic when he did Wandering Spirit, which I believe was always on Atlantic
21st February 2007 01:02 PM
texile i always feel a little sad when i occasionally come across a mick jagger plastic cd devider at the store....
haven't seen one in a while but they always seem lonely...
with only maybe one or two cds stocked.
obviously, no demand.
but i never see keith.
after purchasing the john mayer trio, i wanted more of steve jordan and remembered how much i loved talk is cheap.
what does the inexpensive whinos sound like live?
21st February 2007 01:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:

what does the inexpensive whinos sound like live?

like a dirty rock and roll band
21st February 2007 01:05 PM
Stones To me they sound very close to what they sound like on the studio versions - the songs are just a little longer
21st February 2007 01:14 PM
rogerriffin they are out of print, but still available in some sites, months ago i got the "Keith Richards & X-pensive Winos Live at Palladium" Boxset with vhs, cd and booklet, days ago i got the "Talk is Cheap" Three 3"Cds in Tin package at 20 dollars with shipping to mexico,.

Dont desperate friend, you get gems little by little.

One question,. The "Main Offender" does exist in a Collectors edition or something else???
21st February 2007 01:16 PM
Saint Sway I have that!

over the years I somehow lost or ruined the outside tin. But I still have the coolest part - which is the round black case with the skull on top.

that was a great promo at the time

they also came out with a cool package for the live album that combined both the cd and video. It also came with an awesome photo book and a soap bar that turned into a Wino's t-shirt

Talk Is Cheap was also re-released as a gold HD CD

I dont recall anything special for Main Offender though
[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st February 2007 01:27 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

like a dirty rock and roll band

that's what i'm craving right now...but it has to keith's particular brand.
does kieth's style lose anything live without charlie?
is he sloppy?
i loved talk and offender but my vinyl compies are usless without a turntable.
21st February 2007 02:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

You're right about the labels for the first three.

I've no idea about any deal with iTunes, but as GITD is the only one on Virgin, maybe its the only one still currently available? I dont know. I assume WS is still available. Might be wrong, but I dont think the first two have been reissued by CBS/Sony since the Stones' contract with them expired in 1991.

What about the "Alfie" soundtrack? Surely that's available on iTunes?
21st February 2007 02:06 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
texile wrote:

after purchasing the john mayer trio....

WHY?
21st February 2007 02:13 PM
texile
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

WHY?

the JM trio?
cos it's good music and guitar playing......

i actually bought the alfie soundtrack when it came out...
but i missed keith on cd and i figured it was going to be a bitch to obtain them now.
did anyone buy she's the boss or primitive cool on cd?
just curious....
do you consider it part of your stones collection or are buried somewherein limbo?
21st February 2007 02:18 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
texile wrote:

did anyone buy she's the boss or primitive cool on cd?
just curious....
do you consider it part of your stones collection or are buried somewherein limbo?

I've She's the Boss on cd, and it is part of my Stonesian collection.
21st February 2007 02:22 PM
texile
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

I've She's the Boss on cd, and it is part of my Stonesian collection.

is it better on cd?
or worse?
i can't quite put my vinyl versions (boss, cool) in my stonesian collection - they're off the the side in a separate, dark and dusty place.

21st February 2007 02:26 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
texile wrote:

is it better on cd? not by much

or worse? no

i can't quite put my vinyl versions (boss, cool) in my stonesian collection - they're off the the side in a separate, dark and dusty place.

Are you afraid they'll give your collection the cooties?

21st February 2007 02:29 PM
texile yeah, remember that kid in elementary school whom everyone would cruelly accuse of giving out cooties?
that's primitive cool and she's the boss for me...

21st February 2007 03:10 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What about the "Alfie" soundtrack? Surely that's available on iTunes?

It is indeed. I'll never be "lonely for Christmas" again
21st February 2007 03:42 PM
Saint Sway when folks ask me if I like Mick's solo albums, I always sternly deny that he's ever released a solo record.

Usually, they follow that up with "but didnt he do that song with Lenny Kravitz?". To which, I say "No. No. That wasnt Mick. You're confusing him with someone else. Mick's never released a solo record and never will. You should just listen to Some Girls"
21st February 2007 05:08 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when folks ask me if I like Mick's solo albums, I always sternly deny that he's ever released a solo record.

Usually, they follow that up with "but didnt he do that song with Lenny Kravitz?". To which, I say "No. No. That wasnt Mick. You're confusing him with someone else. Mick's never released a solo record and never will. You should just listen to Some Girls"

actually, that's true.
i read a review for being mick,
and the greatest line was:
'who is this man and what did he do with mick jagger?'
isn't that how we all feel about jagger solo?
(except wandering spirit)
21st February 2007 05:14 PM
Soldatti Both, Mick & Keith's solo albums are out of print, word from every store I've asked some months ago. Actually the only Stones' albums with new stock every 3 months or so are 40 Licks and Jump Back according to the people at the big stores.
21st February 2007 05:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:

i read a review for being mick,
and the greatest line was:
'who is this man and what did he do with mick jagger?'

exactly!

I stand firmly by my abducted by aliens theory
21st February 2007 08:05 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

exactly!

I stand firmly by my abducted by aliens theory

it's still a mystery to me...
it was like a mick-pod burst out of the she's the boss album.
21st February 2007 08:05 PM
texile or maybe a body snatcher...
THAT would make sense.
21st February 2007 08:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when folks ask me if I like Mick's solo albums, I always sternly deny that he's ever released a solo record.

Well, "Some Girls" was almost a Mick solo album, save for the last three tracks.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)