ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'd like your thoughts on the Kings Of Leon Return to archive
19th February 2007 10:34 PM
The Stealer Hey, I've just signed up after being a lurker for quite a while and I was wondering what you guys thought of the American band Kings Of Leon?.

I'm 20 and don't really rate many of today's bands, but I feel Kings Of Leon are a very good band. They have alot of uniqueness unlike near enough all other bands that have came along since the turn of the century.

From what I've read about KOL they're pretty much unknown in the states but are very big in England/UK where I'm from, their just about to release their 3rd album, it leaked last week and I've got my hands on it and it sounds very good, just like their first two records.

They also name The Stones as their main influence.

So do any of you lot dig their stuff?.
19th February 2007 10:44 PM
pdog I do, liked the 1st record alot. It's usually common for a 2nd record to be a rushed effort, looking forward to the 3rd, and if history is correct it should be very good.
19th February 2007 10:54 PM
The Stealer
quote:
pdog wrote:
I do, liked the 1st record alot. It's usually common for a 2nd record to be a rushed effort, looking forward to the 3rd, and if history is correct it should be very good.

Their new record is in a completely different direction to their first two, the change of sound is very surprising. But saying that a change of sound isn't a bad thing, if they would've just stuck to knocking the same stuff out every album I might've become fed up with them.

I can send ya the Yousendit link to their new album if you want?.
19th February 2007 10:56 PM
pdog
quote:
The Stealer wrote:

Their new record is in a completely different direction to their first two, the change of sound is very surprising. But saying that a change of sound isn't a bad thing, if they would've just stuck to knocking the same stuff out every album I might've become fed up with them.

I can send ya the Yousendit link to their new album if you want?.

You're making me question my principles on stealing, although, if it sucks, i'll know now, and I'll buy it anyways if it's good...
post the link... I'm game.
19th February 2007 11:06 PM
rolling who Saw them on that Pretenders concert on VH-1...good band, seems like they know what they're doing.
19th February 2007 11:50 PM
The Stealer Kings Of Leon - Because Of The Times (Their new record)...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nm1iytdznj

You'll need winrar/winace to convert it to a regular file, which is really easy. I uploaded it myself as the Yousendit link has gone tits up.

For anyone who downloads it, Enjoy!.
20th February 2007 12:15 AM
pdog
quote:
The Stealer wrote:
Kings Of Leon - Because Of The Times (Their new record)...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nm1iytdznj

You'll need winrar/winace to convert it to a regular file, which is really easy. I uploaded it myself as the Yousendit link has gone tits up.

For anyone who downloads it, Enjoy!.

i don't use windows, and have no idea what that stuff is... Are these Flac or Mp3 files?
20th February 2007 12:52 AM
The Stealer
quote:
pdog wrote:

i don't use windows, and have no idea what that stuff is... Are these Flac or Mp3 files?

Mp3.

To be honest if you don't use windows I'm not sure if winrar/winace will run on your O/S.

I did try to upload the already coverted file but that wouldn't upload for some mad reason.
20th February 2007 01:02 AM
pdog I'll wait til I can buy the album, I'm not sure about .ace files, so i'm not going to worry. I'm working on a few torrents and getting my firewall issues worked out...
Thx for even mentioning this album coming out, i may have missed the news...
20th February 2007 03:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man I’m indifferent towards them. They are just okay in my opinion. There are some good tracks on both their albums, but they were never going to be a band to hold my attention. Red Morning Light was a great and is still a great track though.
20th February 2007 07:00 AM
lotsajizz I've seen them. They were pretty dull.

20th February 2007 08:21 AM
Factory Girl I've seen them 3 times! I think they're great, one of the best bands out today!
20th February 2007 11:05 AM
Saint Sway Kings of Leon are my favorite band today.

best shit out there by a mile
20th February 2007 12:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
The Stealer wrote:
Hey, I've just signed up after being a lurker for quite a while and I was wondering what you guys thought of the American band Kings Of Leon?.

The Canadian band - Arcade Fire - are better.
20th February 2007 01:51 PM
Saint Sway Arcade Fire are good. Albeit overhyped. But they're an art school band. Kings Of Leon are a rawk band. Its apples and orange vodka.
20th February 2007 02:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Arcade Fire are good. Albeit overhyped. But they're an art school band. Kings Of Leon are a rawk band. Its apples and orange vodka.

Kings of Leon and Arcade Fire are more like vodka and schnapps! I liked KIL fine after hearing the first two albums, saw them live -- and then loved them.
20th February 2007 06:50 PM
Make It Funky Yeah.. again.. I have to agree totally with Saint Sway! (truly we must be soul brothers??)

K.O.L. are fucking brilliant! I want to see them at the Astoria, uptown.. but.. the whole tour is sold out, except for in Plymouth. (plymouth!?!?)

I saw the Features upen up for them in Toronto a while back.. great show. you need to really listen to the quality of the guitar playing and sound.. its phenomonal!

cheers!
20th February 2007 07:10 PM
The Stealer
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
K.O.L. are fucking brilliant! I want to see them at the Astoria, uptown.. but.. the whole tour is sold out, except for in Plymouth. (plymouth!?!?)

cheers!

I'm seeing them at the Astoria next week and then again at Hammersmith in April. KOL at Hammersmith 2005 is the best gig I've ever been to and saying that I've seen The Stones live twice, I honestly enjoyed KOL more even though the gulf in class and greatness between the two bands is obviously too huge to mention.

20th February 2007 09:19 PM
The Stealer
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
The Canadian band - Arcade Fire - are better.

In all honestly I've never really given Arcade Fire a listen.

I quite like a Canadian band called Lions In The Street though, Here's their myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/lionsinthestreet

Very dirty sound. Their slightly similar to KOL actually.

P.S - Pm for pdog.

[Edited by The Stealer]
20th February 2007 09:28 PM
pdog You want to hear a good Canadian band, check out The Novaks...
PM checked...thx. Will get to it later tonight.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)