ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones: 2007 and beyond? Return to archive
19th February 2007 09:49 PM
Spru While it seems pretty sure that the Stones are gonna tour this summer in Europe, I have been wondering what will happen after that. Sure, I know there's probably a live album and DVD coming this year and all that, but where do they go as a band from here? We of course heard the "Charlie is definitely retiring after '06" talk about a year ago, but it appears they will indeed tour this year. With God's blessings, assuming they are all healthy and such, I could see another big tour in '08 or '09 (hopefully). Yes, they are getting up there in age, but who woulda thought they'd be touring in 2007 back in 1997? You just never know with these guys.
19th February 2007 10:47 PM
pdog We'll get The Scorcese movie, probably a CD to go along with it....
I'm hoping they come back to The USa in the fall...
One day it will all be over, and since 1969, the media has said it's the last tour... One day they'll be right.
20th February 2007 12:57 AM
Spru
quote:
pdog wrote:
We'll get The Scorcese movie, probably a CD to go along with it....
I'm hoping they come back to The USa in the fall...
One day it will all be over, and since 1969, the media has said it's the last tour... One day they'll be right.

Yes, sadly you're correct. I'm hoping that like Muddy Waters and many of their other idols, they keep going as long as they possibly can. Maybe cut it down to just clubs and smaller venues one day. I second your hope for a fall US Tour. If it happens, I'll be there.
20th February 2007 04:46 AM
Gazza Seriously doubt they'll play the US at all this year.

I also seriously doubt they have the self-discipline and lack of obsession with money to play small venues on a regular basis either.

this will probably be the last lengthy spell of constant touring as we've come to know it over the last 20-25 years or so

IF they tour again after this summer, it'll more likely than not be a couple of mini-tours each year (a la Dylan's Never Ending tour only with less shows)but with no actual lengthy break between tours like they have done in the past. At this stage in their career, they cant really take a couple of years off from working and then go on the road for a year. By touring a little bit EVERY year they can get around that without overstretching themselves - and they dont have to make a new album to 'justify' touring either
20th February 2007 05:44 AM
Jumping Jack Mick's greed is a good thing in some ways!
20th February 2007 07:34 AM
Olompali Find a smallish venue, set up the cameras, play multiple dates over the next few years with setlists spanning their entire catalogue and new covers,
quick release all on many, many dvds.
20th February 2007 07:49 AM
LadyJane I doubt I'll ever see them play live again.

It's been a fun ride, but it can't go on forever.

Wish I had the funds to travel to Europe for one last hurrah, but I've incurred too much debt on behalf of this Band and frankly it's time for ME to grow up.

LJ.
20th February 2007 07:52 AM
Jeep Actually, the question is "Stones : 2006 and beyond ?"...
Three months since the last show in Vancouver and there's still not some official news about a 2007 tour.
Just rumours.
Rumours and more rumours, and next week the calendar'll be on the March page.
20th February 2007 01:34 PM
Saint Sway What are they saying about the Stones Euro tour on the Van Halen boards today?
20th February 2007 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Spru wrote:
While it seems pretty sure that the Stones are gonna tour this summer in Europe, I have been wondering what will happen after that. Sure, I know there's probably a live album and DVD coming this year and all that, but where do they go as a band from here? We of course heard the "Charlie is definitely retiring after '06" talk about a year ago, but it appears they will indeed tour this year. With God's blessings, assuming they are all healthy and such, I could see another big tour in '08 or '09 (hopefully). Yes, they are getting up there in age, but who woulda thought they'd be touring in 2007 back in 1997? You just never know with these guys.

If Mick , Keith , Charlie and Ronnie are smart they will CONTINUE to tour until they drop dead ................thirty years from now .

kins !

20th February 2007 02:04 PM
texile
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I doubt I'll ever see them play live again.

It's been a fun ride, but it can't go on forever.

Wish I had the funds to travel to Europe for one last hurrah, but I've incurred too much debt on behalf of this Band and frankly it's time for ME to grow up.

LJ.

lol...
you can't give up now!
my mom still asks me when i'm going to grow out of the stones....
i tell her,
'when YOU grow out of elvis...'
it's a lifelong thing for me -
debt and all.
20th February 2007 02:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

If Mick , Keith , Charlie and Ronnie are smart they will CONTINUE to tour until they drop dead

at least!
20th February 2007 02:50 PM
Saint Sway I wouldnt expect to hear an official tour announcement just yet

its customary for them to first announce that Ronnie is back in rehab just prior to announcing any dates
20th February 2007 02:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wouldnt expect to hear an official tour announcement just yet

its customary for them to first announce that Ronnie is back in rehab just prior to announcing any dates

He has his postin hat on tight today.
[Edited by Some Guy]
20th February 2007 03:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

He has his postin hat on tight today.

BOW ZEE BOW ZEE BOP
BITTY BOP!
20th February 2007 03:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

BOW ZEE BOW ZEE BOP
BITTY BOP!

dudes ruthless.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)