ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey guys! Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th February 2007 02:06 PM
downtownsuzie I was a bit worried about posting a 'hey, I'm new!' thread, but voodooscrounge said you are all really nice guys here, so I'm biting the bullet and making one.

Not really sure what to say now, so I'll go and find a more worthy thread to post on!
19th February 2007 02:11 PM
Gazza We are mostly extremely nice. Good to see you here.
19th February 2007 02:11 PM
stewed & Keefed Welcome downtownsuzie
voodooscrounge is much loved.
19th February 2007 02:21 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
We are mostly extremely nice. Good to see you here.

Oh, I know more than enough about the ones to watch out for!
19th February 2007 02:22 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Welcome downtownsuzie
voodooscrounge is much loved.

Bless! I'll have to see if I can live up to him. I sure ain't walking in his shadow!
19th February 2007 02:23 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Downtown Suzie is the Girl!

Welcome to the board baby, enojoy it!

BTW, Stewed and Keefed. Im reading "Who killed Christopher Robin". Im enjoying it, what did you make of it?

Kisses Suzie
19th February 2007 02:27 PM
downtownsuzie Hey, Stewed&Keefed, I love the picture in your signature. There's nothing I love more than a good pint!

And hey Voodoo, I can't believe I thought 'Who Killed Christopher Robin' was about Winnie the Pooh. lol!

xx
19th February 2007 02:29 PM
Starbuck is this the same suzie that used to post at the lotus couch but was scared off when someone to remain nameless asked her over for a crumpet??

suzie...is it you???
19th February 2007 02:31 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
is this the same suzie that used to post at the lotus couch but was scared off when someone to remain nameless asked her over for a crumpet??

suzie...is it you???

Yeah, I think so. And they had a countdown for when I'd be 'legal' in America. That creeped me out a bit.
19th February 2007 02:37 PM
Nellcote On With The Show, good health to you!
19th February 2007 02:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:

Yeah, I think so. And they had a countdown for when I'd be 'legal' in America. That creeped me out a bit.

Those Couchie Men....

T2H

LJ.
19th February 2007 02:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Welcome, downtownsuzie, and enjoy the madhouse!
19th February 2007 03:00 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Welcome, downtownsuzie, and enjoy the madhouse!

Thanks!

I'm a bit too shy to get stuck into posting though!
19th February 2007 03:25 PM
texile welcome,
favorite stones?
19th February 2007 03:37 PM
Starbuck suz....do you like alcohol? like, beer & stuff? (whiskey?)

19th February 2007 03:38 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
texile wrote:
welcome,
favorite stones?

Mick Taylor played on the best albums (apart from Englands Newest Hitmakers - my favourite), in my opinion, but he didn't seem like much of a Stone to me, because I'm still quite a new fan.

Otherwise, it has to be Keef.

I went to a fancy dress party at the weekend, and the costumes had to begin with 'K'. There were 2 Keith Richards - and he was the only duplicate!!
19th February 2007 03:40 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
suz....do you like alcohol? like, beer & stuff? (whiskey?)

Not whiskey, 2 guys at the party were drinking it from the bottle, and the smell made me feel ill, but my drinks of choice are beer, lager and vodka & red bull.
19th February 2007 03:41 PM
Starbuck suz!

(feej??)
19th February 2007 03:41 PM
fireontheplatter i think she's more into the harder stuff...like x and moonshine.

get down jimmy
19th February 2007 03:43 PM
downtownsuzie Throw a bit of Absynthe my way, and I'm in heaven!

19th February 2007 03:48 PM
texile
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:

Mick Taylor played on the best albums (apart from Englands Newest Hitmakers - my favourite), in my opinion, but he didn't seem like much of a Stone to me, because I'm still quite a new fan.

that was one of my first impressions...
i remember, as a kid first discovering the stones,
looking at pictures of taylor - and wondering..
'who is that guy?'
he seemed so out of place -
but then i gradually discovered what an amazing musician he was and now he fits right in with that era to me.

19th February 2007 03:56 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
texile wrote:

that was one of my first impressions...
i remember, as a kid first discovering the stones,
looking at pictures of taylor - and wondering..
'who is that guy?'
he seemed so out of place -
but then i gradually discovered what an amazing musician he was and now he fits right in with that era to me.

I know that he was very much a Stone for that time. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' is my favourite Stones song, it's just a shame that partnership didn't last longer.

My favourite era of Stones is the 60's. The real early stuff, but I always think of the band now, as the four boys, when someone mentions the Stones, but if I had been a Stones fan, say, in the 70's, Mick Taylor would always be a Stone to me and it would feel strange for Ronnie to be there.

Is that odd?
19th February 2007 04:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man Welcome downtownsuzie. No Stones message board has a greater community spirit than Rocks Off. Stick around and you'll plenty of great friends.
19th February 2007 05:04 PM
downtownsuzie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Welcome downtownsuzie. No Stones message board has a greater community spirit than Rocks Off. Stick around and you'll plenty of great friends.

Thanks! I know one place where it seems there is no community spirit, but "whatev".

Thanks for your welcome, I hope to make some new Stonesy friends.

Any fans from London here? I'm hopefully taking a permanent trip there soon.
19th February 2007 06:43 PM
Joey
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:
I was a bit worried about posting a 'hey, I'm new!' thread, but voodooscrounge said you are all really nice guys here, so I'm biting the bullet and making one.

Not really sure what to say now, so I'll go and find a more worthy thread to post on!

Welcome ......................

Can I buy you a drink ?!

19th February 2007 07:09 PM
Fiji Joe About that countdown Suzie...you misunderstood...that was countdown to see how long before Joey went on a date...with a woman who was not related to him...
20th February 2007 01:45 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:

That creeped you out, yet your handle is a Bill Wyman song title? Interesting . . . Welcome!
20th February 2007 02:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:

Any fans from London here? I'm hopefully taking a permanent trip there soon.

There are a few. I don't unfortunately, though I'll hopefully be working there very soon. I live in Medway
20th February 2007 08:41 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
downtownsuzie wrote:

Oh come on it was a joke. You said it didn't bother you after I was emailed that it did. You aint going to last here long without a sense of humor, old pal. Just look at the psychotic grump Joey's become...

20th February 2007 10:20 AM
FotiniD Welcome aboard downtownsuzie! Nice to see you made the big step and joined the Asylum despite the fact that you have been warned

Have fun!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)