ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle of Wight Festival Headliners Announcement Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th February 2007 12:58 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones just dont do festivals though - so it would be a break with a long tradition if they did.

They did, however, play the SARS concert in YYZ a few years back...that was a festival...a benefit yes, but a multi-talent festival none-the-less...

Did the Stones ever do Knebworth?
16th February 2007 12:59 PM
glencar
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Shit, I'll be snowboarding in Italy when the tickets go on sale...Gazza, will you be my tickets concierge once again, pretty please??? Seriously, a RO tent on the IWF would be sooooo cool....

Snowboarding? In Italia? You're much more fun than I thought! Enjoy & buona sera!
16th February 2007 01:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

They did, however, play the SARS concert in YYZ a few years back...that was a festival...a benefit yes, but a multi-talent festival none-the-less...

Did the Stones ever do Knebworth?

1976 - but a one-day non-annual event as said earlier.
16th February 2007 01:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Shit, I'll be snowboarding in Italy when the tickets go on sale...Gazza, will you be my tickets concierge once again, pretty please??? Seriously, a RO tent on the IWF would be sooooo cool....

Doubt I'll be at the IOW even if the Stones play it, to be honest - although I'd help you get tickets if you needed them. Just seems a whole lot less hassle from where I live to jump on a plane to and get a direct and cheap flight to the continent as opposed to getting a flight, a train and a ferry and then spending the night in a tent.
16th February 2007 02:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Doubt I'll be at the IOW even if the Stones play it "

Gazza ....................................

You make Joey very sad.

Joey.

I just tend to be a bit fussy about my surroundings when I need a poop.

I would have thought you could have sympathised with that.
16th February 2007 02:31 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Joey wrote:
" What about Joey & Joshy bobbleheads?"

Can you make Joshy do that? Fur Optional...
16th February 2007 06:20 PM
jostorm Gazza wrote:
"Doubt I'll be at the IOW even if the Stones play it, to be honest - although I'd help you get tickets if you needed them. Just seems a whole lot less hassle from where I live to jump on a plane to and get a direct and cheap flight to the continent as opposed to getting a flight, a train and a ferry and then spending the night in a tent. "

FUCK YOU, GAZZA, WILL YA????? (to borrow a rarely quoted line from RO's historical archives ).
You are kidding me, right?????????????????????????????
I'll pick you up on the way, if you chose a convenient airport to fly to from Dublin.
AND I'll slap on the factor 30 onto your delicate skin.
AND I'll do the beer-run!
Hell, I'll even shove a lubricated rubber hose up your delicate arse and give you a high colonic irrigation, if living in a tent gives your delicate yet manly constitution a certain degree of constipation!!! Remember, I'm a fucking vet, I do these things for a living, Darlin' ! (And let's face it, you can't possibly be as smelly as the rectal prolapse in a 20 kg Boa constrictor I repaired this morning....) Come on , Man! We owe it to Summit History , we have to suffer in the heat, watch beach hunks and hunkettes stroll by, suffer the agony of sand between our toes and beneath our merkins....It's RO HISTORY we're talking here!!!!!....

Alternatively, we could always stay in the posh hotel up the road???
16th February 2007 07:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Come on, Voodoo. Put this woman out of her misery.

Yeah, Voodoo, I know yer hoarding a couple of those "vintage" RO shirts. Make my day, will ya?
16th February 2007 07:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
When we all come over for the UK shows, we are going to wear "Gazza on a Stick" masks. The photo op will be priceless.

This may be the greatest idea I've heard all year! The photoshop possibilities are endless. And yes, "Voodoo on a Stick" as well.

19th February 2007 04:45 AM
Gazza Isle Of Wight headliners confirmed
Friday and Saturday headliners announced
1 hour ago

The headliners for this year's Isle Of Wight Festival have been offically confirmed.

Snow Patrol are set to headline on Friday June 8, Muse are set to headline on Saturday June 9.

Kasabian will be the Special Guest on the Saturday. The headliner for Sunday June 10 has yet to be confirmed - though as previously reported by NME.COM The Rolling Stones are strongly tipped to take that slot, while the special guests are confirmed as Keane.

Also confirmed for the three-day festival are The Feeling, Ash, Wolfmother, Amy Winehouse, Paulo Nutini, The Fratellis and James Morrison.

A statement on isleofwightfestival.com says that tickets for the festival are set to go on sale in mid-to-late February. Thursday 22nd Feb, apparently - Gazza

www.nme.com 19.2.07

[Edited by Gazza]
19th February 2007 05:26 AM
Flairville Better buy a tent! Anyone up for it if it actually happens?
19th February 2007 05:39 AM
Gazza From what I can see, you cant buy a one day ticket, it has to be the 3-day pass, which is £125 (with camping) (£105 without )

Not a bad deal if, unlike me, you like festivals, I suppose.
19th February 2007 05:43 AM
Flairville I don't think I'd like the 3 day deal but I'd go non the less to see the boys! Don't you think it's quite bizarre a 3 day pass costs less than most Stones floor seats for 2 hours?!!
19th February 2007 05:44 AM
Gazza Rumours are gathering...

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/article/2069.htm

Of the three acts they listed on Friday as "rumoured" headliners, they got two of them right. The third headliner is yet to be announced and the rumoured act theyve listed is the Stones
19th February 2007 09:57 AM
GotToRollMe I thought you guys were kidding about the tents. Do people actually still do that sort of thing...camp out for three days in a tent at a music festival? Hell, I wouldn't do that if they paid me.
19th February 2007 10:21 AM
Gazza Oh yeah, dead serious. Although it seems now that the tents are already supplied, for an additional fee.

Makes sense I suppose because a lot of these festivals take place in quite remote places, so hotel spaces would be limited. The Isle Of Wight is a pretty small and sparsely populated island, so its one way of catering for 35,000 people.

God knows what it must have been like in the heyday of the festival from 1969-71 when they had up to 400,000 converging on the place.
19th February 2007 11:55 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I thought you guys were kidding about the tents. Do people actually still do that sort of thing...camp out for three days in a tent at a music festival? Hell, I wouldn't do that if they paid me.

Hey thats how we used to do it in the "old" days...course no tent....just enough substances to keep us going!..Hell I camped out on the concrete in cold weather in April 72 in Toronto for 3 days to get Stones TIX.....
19th February 2007 12:05 PM
tookthatname
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Hey thats how we used to do it in the "old" days...course no tent....just enough substances to keep us going!..Hell I camped out on the concrete in cold weather in April 72 in Toronto for 3 days to get Stones TIX.....

I camped out for a week before the first (announced) shows in 78, 79 and 81. so much fun!!!
19th February 2007 03:53 PM
fireontheplatter this sounds like it will be a fun event. i hope the stones decide to play.

get down jimmy
20th February 2007 09:14 AM
oldkr the stones played Reading... when it was a jazz fest, not sure if it constituted as 'multi-artist all-day event' though!

OLDKR
20th February 2007 09:49 AM
Gazza Yeah they did a few in the 60's before they had the independence to the degree where they didnt need to bother.

The Palm beach show before Altamont in '69 is listed as the Miami Pop festival or something isnt it? Not sure if that was a one day thing either.
20th February 2007 12:19 PM
glencar So sad I shant be there but I might pitch a tent anyway!
20th February 2007 12:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I might pitch a tent anyway!

20th February 2007 01:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
Genius Postin'

Saint Sway ....... please do not tell anyone , but you are RAPIDLY becoming one of my favorite posters around here ..................

Thanks Jk

I'm wearing my VH Magic Postin Shoes!!

21st February 2007 11:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
this sounds like it will be a fun event. i hope the stones decide to play.

From what I've been hearing, it seems they will be.
21st February 2007 03:09 PM
nasalwizard Imagine if i bought tickets and the sunday headliners were Genesis?! I would be livid...i live really close by to the island but i dont want to buy tickets until its offical..what do you know Gazza?!
21st February 2007 03:43 PM
Gazza Only that its "almost 100% certain" from a normally good source I have.

However, PLEASE dont buy tickets on the strength of that. Like you say, it'd be awful to fork out £125 for a ticket and it turns out to be someone else.

I can only assume that IF this turns to be true, that there will have been some tickets held over. That would make sense, but then again the link between the Stones' touring plans and common sense has been somewhat tenuous in recent months.

I've also heard that this tour will go on into August.
23rd February 2007 07:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Almost all over now for ferry's website
Portsmouth Today.com
Feb 23, 2007

RUMOURS that ageing rockers the Rolling Stones could be headlining during the final day of this summer's Isle of Wight Festival caused Wightlink Ferries' website to snarl up.

Within minutes of the story appearing in a national newspaper yesterday fans were calling and logging on to the website in their droves – so many the site could not cope and slowed to a crawl from mid-morning until just before 3pm.

At one point there were 2,500 people logged on to the site trying to buy ferry tickets at the same time. Normally the site doesn't have to cope with more than 200 at any one time.

Meanwhile the call centre had received more than 1,000 calls by 10.30am, the same taken on an entire normal day.

Marketing manager Kerry Jackson said: 'When the festival tickets went on sale it went crazy. We had extra call centre staff on for that but the site couldn't cope with the volume.

'It wasn't like this last year. It was absolutely unbelievable.'

Amazing Media, which is handling the publicity for the festival, confirmed tickets had been selling fast, but had not yet sold out.

It was still only a rumour that the Stones were to headline on the Sunday. The headliner was still to be announced, the company said.
23rd February 2007 07:45 AM
Gazza ah, mere rumours of a Stones appearance causing havoc. What a nice throwback. It sounds like Sir Morgan's Cove '81 all over again!
23rd February 2007 08:20 AM
charlotte brings back good memories! hearing rumors the stones were going to play the Myrtle Beach Auditorium June 22 1978 ...could have filled 200,000

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)