ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle of Wight Festival Headliners Announcement Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th February 2007 07:03 AM
nasalwizard They will be announced at 8 am on virgin radio, who thinks the boys will be playing ???
16th February 2007 07:35 AM
Gazza Not me.

8 am? That was almost 5 hours ago

Do you mean 8 am tomorrow or 8 pm tonight?
[Edited by Gazza]
16th February 2007 07:45 AM
Gazza The announcement is at 8 am on Monday, apparently - with ticket sales beginning the next day.

16th February 2007 08:34 AM
geecee hope this is true ,The Stones half a mile from home,awesome.
What with two Who gigs booked ,could be a classic summer of gigs.
Here is what the local paper has on the ticket sales.....

TICKETS for this year’s IW Festival go on sale next Thursday at 9am.
In a double announcement festival promoters Solo have also said at least one headliner will be revealed on Monday.
Tickets will be available by phone, through the main outlet Ticketzone, and on the internet through Ticketzone, Wightlink and Red Funnel.
Initially, no tickets will be sold over the counter and they will not be available at the ferry terminals.
They will be priced at £105 for a three-day pass without camping and £125 with camping.
The festival’s licence application, covering 59,999 people on four days from June 7 to 10, will be decided next Thursday.
The music side will cover three days with the night before the festival officially kicks off on the Friday offering films and recorded music.
Members of the IW Council’s licensing sub-committee, which will consider the application from Solo, has received more than 20 letters raising concerns over the sixth annual event.
These include the site being unsuitable, noise levels, extension of the camp site, traffic problems and parking.
Six letters have been received in support, including one from the IW Economic Partnership and from Platform One, the young people’s music college.
16th February 2007 08:46 AM
nasalwizard Opps sorry i forgot to say it was this coming Monday, does anyone have any inside info if they will be playing? it seems quite possible
16th February 2007 09:15 AM
Gazza http://www.novogate.com/board/968/234715-1.html

The NME have them as strongly rumoured

The Stones just dont do festivals though - so it would be a break with a long tradition if they did.

However, the Stones' European promoter John Giddings also promotes the IOW festival apparently, so you never know.

If they do, will everyone be 'pitching a tent' (snigger) in geecee's back garden?
16th February 2007 09:25 AM
GotToRollMe I think jostorm's idea is the best. The woman is a visionary!

"Seriously, we should rent an enormous tent and put a delegation of RO/ers in it, dontya think??? And if we're lucky and global warming is on our side, we'll even have as hot a summer again as last year, that would be just great, beach and all...If it's REALLY hot, we could all walk around starkers, just wearing our special RO merkins.....bliss.....do you get the picture???? I'm getting it in Technicolor and it ain't pretty...."

One tent, under Mick, indivisible, with plenty of alcohol and weed for all!

I'm getting my merkin dry-cleaned just in case...

And what does a girl have to do to get a Rocks Off t-shirt, for godsakes? I know one of you bastards has one...I'm sure we can work out some kind of dealio...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
16th February 2007 09:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

And what does a girl have to do to get a Rocks Off t-shirt, for godsakes? I know one of you bastards has one...I'm sure we can work out some kind of dealio...

Come on, Voodoo. Put this woman out of her misery.
16th February 2007 10:13 AM
Maxlugar Aint Knebworth a festival?
16th February 2007 10:34 AM
glencar I hope this happens but I shant be able to make it.
16th February 2007 10:37 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Seriously, GTRM, we need to design a new RO tee. I'm sick of the Shidoobees being so much better at PR and marketing than we are!

We need stickers....bracelets....t-shirts.

SV
16th February 2007 10:38 AM
glencar Oh SV, I wouldn't say that garish green shidddooobbbbee shirt represents better marketing! Then again, I don't remember ever seeing an RO shirt so maybe garish green is the way to go!
16th February 2007 10:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Aint Knebworth a festival?

Its a multi-artist all-day event , yes - and as it was called 'Knebworth Fair' that year's event (1976) was a festival I suppose - however unlike the likes of Glastonbury, Isle Of Wight, Reading, V festival, Roskilde and the like (which tend to take place over a period of a few days), its not an annual fixed event with a regular slot in the calendar, but more a case of whatever major act is on tour using the venue to play a mega-scale concert (or more, subject to demand) and then it being stretched out to include several bands.

As you can see, it doesnt take place that often - there have only been two of them in the last decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerts_at_Knebworth_House
16th February 2007 10:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Seriously, GTRM, we need to design a new RO tee. I'm sick of the Shidoobees being so much better at PR and marketing than we are!

We need stickers....bracelets....t-shirts.

SV

T-shirts I'll give you (as long as theyre not as loud as that green one) but I'll pass on the other two..
16th February 2007 10:43 AM
glencar What about Joey & Joshy bobbleheads?
16th February 2007 10:44 AM
SweetVirginia Glenny, we would never do garish green. I'm sure we could come up with something pretty cool, thought. Maybe we could get Fabio involved in the graphics?

16th February 2007 10:44 AM
glencar Works for me! Let's go with a sedate yellow...
16th February 2007 10:45 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

T-shirts I'll give you (as long as theyre not as loud as that green one) but I'll pass on the other two..

Don't worry...the other two were a joke. But the t-shirts are a definite possibility.

16th February 2007 10:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
What about Joey & Joshy bobbleheads?

LOL.or Joey and Joshy masks like these old favourites

16th February 2007 10:49 AM
SweetVirginia When we all come over for the UK shows, we are going to wear "Gazza on a Stick" masks. The photo op will be priceless.

16th February 2007 10:54 AM
Voodoo Scrounge See the topic Marked "New Rock Off T shirt"
16th February 2007 10:54 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Don't worry...the other two were a joke. But the t-shirts are a definite possibility.

Unholy Trinity......can I nominate SV to be in charge of a new RO tee shirt?
16th February 2007 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Aint Knebworth a festival?

You raise an interesting point my Wall Street working pal .

I too have often considered Knebworth the vortex and sensate pinnacle of ...................................

******************** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ********************

Brown Stinky ! ™
16th February 2007 10:55 AM
gimmekeef Maybe to insure Rocks Off lasts fro eternity...we need to use cryogenics and freeze a few members for posterity?...Based on the amount of scotch in my system..I could never be frozen...so we'll need volunteers....
16th February 2007 10:56 AM
Joey " What about Joey & Joshy bobbleheads?"

16th February 2007 10:57 AM
Joey " I could never be frozen...so we'll need volunteers...."

16th February 2007 11:01 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Unholy Trinity......can I nominate SV to be in charge of a new RO tee shirt?

OK...and you choose a headshot of Gazza to have printed up for the Gazza-on-a-Stick masks.

I guess we will be needing Voodoo-on-a-Stick as well. I'm thinking of that crazy screaming drunk shot from the South American shows...

16th February 2007 11:03 AM
Joey " I guess we will be needing Voodoo-on-a-Stick as well. I'm thinking of that crazy screaming drunk shot from the South American shows..."

YES !!!!!

Funny !

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Jacky Carson !

16th February 2007 11:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
When we all come over for the UK shows, we are going to wear "Gazza on a Stick" masks.

Will you, fuck!
16th February 2007 11:58 AM
jostorm Shit, I'll be snowboarding in Italy when the tickets go on sale...Gazza, will you be my tickets concierge once again, pretty please??? Seriously, a RO tent on the IWF would be sooooo cool....

GTRM: I'm off to the dry-cleaners myself now (I exhaled warm tea with milk through my nose, thanks!) And will all you girls please take charge of the t-shirt designs??? Something TASTEFUL, please, and in girlie cuts and sizes , too, not like those oversized mens t-shirts that men with big beer bellies tend to wear, and in which a Catholic family with 20 children could spend the summer in....

PS: And if the Stones aren't there??? I really, really doubt it, somehow, it doesn't spell "megabucks" to me... Well, I'm sure there will be loads of other good music there instead, so that's fine by me....Will probably take the teenager and sit on the beach hunk-watching...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)