ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Somewhere in Germany - 1982
© L. Tobis with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock's Greatest Bass Riffs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th February 2007 03:11 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Wyman on I Wanna Be Your Man
20th February 2007 06:20 PM
no night together green day? white stripes? come on

I agre with most of the board, less with the article that sparked the thread.

I give you mine. based on taste not on technique

- live with me r. stones
- miss you r stones
- fashion david bowie
- number of the beast iron maden
- aqualung jethro
- bitch r.stones
- paranoid black sabbath
- stay clean motorhead
- it'all gone chris rea (believe me guys, it's a blast)
22nd February 2007 10:29 AM
jaymze "Good Times" CHIC.
22nd February 2007 10:54 AM
Zambero Chris Hillman on The Byrds' "So You Wanna Be A Rock-n-Roll Star".

Rick Danko on The Bands' "King Harvest".

James Jamerson on The Four Tops "Can't Help Myself"

22nd February 2007 10:56 AM
Joey " To most bass players who admire him, John Entwhistle is more of a god than an actual influence - and that's a good thing. It also partly explains why there are no Who songs on this list. (Entwhistle's famous fills on "My Generation" are a solo, not a riff.) "

Agree One hundred percent
22nd February 2007 11:00 AM
Jumacfly Ron Wood : "Emotional Rescue"..how could we forget that???
22nd February 2007 11:01 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Ron Wood : "Emotional Rescue"..how could we forget that???

Good Morning Baby Juma ........................

What we drinking ?!
22nd February 2007 11:10 AM
jb Bill Wyman's departure from the band left a void which they(the band) have never recovered from. Daryl is a talented bassist and a nice man, but his style has not added much, if anything, to the band. Recently, Andrew Oldham even opined that when viewing their Super-Bowl appearance , he felt they missed Wyman very much. Like him or not, Bill was there almost from the beginning, and his role in Stones history, both musically and as a member during their most creative years, should never be forgotten. Bill, like Charlie, was the antithesis of the highly public persona's of Mick and Keith, and he blended in perfectly. I believe a thoughtful listen to the boots , particularly 78 and 81, reflect how important Bill was to the Stones sound. Charlie may have picked Daryl, but it was a choice more out of necessity than a choice of someone who really fit into the Stones rhythm section .

[Edited by jb]
22nd February 2007 11:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Bill Wyman's departure from the band left a void which they(the band) have never recovered from. Daryl is a talented bassist and a nice man, but his style has not added much, if anything, to the band. Recently, Andrew Oldham even opined that when viewing their Super-Bowl appearance , he felt they missed Wyman very much. Like him or not, Bill was there almost from the beginning, and his role in Stones history, both musically and as a member during their most creative years, should never be forgotten. Bill, like Charlie, was the antithesis of the highly public persona's of Mick and Keith, and he blended in perfectly. I believe a thoughtful listen to the boots , particularly 78 and 81, reflect how important Bill was to the Stones sound. Charlie may have picked Daryl, but it was a choice more out of necessity than a choice of someone who really fit into the Stones rhythm section .

[Edited by jb]

Welcome back dear jb, nice to read you again
Brilliant post, don t need to say more
22nd February 2007 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Welcome back dear jb, nice to read you again
Brilliant post, don t need to say more

Hello Jumacfly..........hope all is well in the city of lights.
[Edited by jb]
22nd February 2007 11:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Good Morning Baby Juma ........................

What we drinking ?!

Anything tonight, yesterday was a "champions league" party with my pals and it was hard enough

Tonight for the usual illegal stuff only a few joints
22nd February 2007 11:29 AM
charlotte well stated jb, well stated...good to hear from you
22nd February 2007 11:50 AM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
Bill Wyman's departure from the band left a void which they(the band) have never recovered from. Daryl is a talented bassist and a nice man, but his style has not added much, if anything, to the band. Recently, Andrew Oldham even opined that when viewing their Super-Bowl appearance , he felt they missed Wyman very much. Like him or not, Bill was there almost from the beginning, and his role in Stones history, both musically and as a member during their most creative years, should never be forgotten. Bill, like Charlie, was the antithesis of the highly public persona's of Mick and Keith, and he blended in perfectly. I believe a thoughtful listen to the boots , particularly 78 and 81, reflect how important Bill was to the Stones sound. Charlie may have picked Daryl, but it was a choice more out of necessity than a choice of someone who really fit into the Stones rhythm section .

[Edited by jb]

a moment of silence. i weep like a baby when i see or listen to bill with the band.
22nd February 2007 12:42 PM
rolling who
quote:
Joey wrote:
" To most bass players who admire him, John Entwhistle is more of a god than an actual influence - and that's a good thing. It also partly explains why there are no Who songs on this list. (Entwhistle's famous fills on "My Generation" are a solo, not a riff.) "

Agree One hundred percent

Would have been nice if he could have spelled Entwistle's name right, though.
22nd February 2007 12:44 PM
Joey " Anything tonight, yesterday was a "champions league" party with my pals and it was hard enough "

< ------ I like that !!!!!!!!

Me too Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

" ...........Tonight for the usual illegal stuff only a few joints "

You are much loved by Joey

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)