ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Frank Black - Down In The Hole Return to archive
26th February 2006 11:45 PM
Taptrick
Apologies if covered previously. I just heard Frank Black's version of Down In The Hole from his Snake Oil album from Frank Black and the Catholics. Interesting interpretation. The vocals are higher end than you would expect and the guitar is just dancing all over the place in the back ground. So far the rest of the release hasn't grabbed me except for his version of I'm Going Down.
26th February 2006 11:48 PM
glencar Is this a bootleg? I wasn't able to find it at amazon. Is it all Stones covers?
26th February 2006 11:56 PM
Taptrick
it's on Itunes as a new release currently. It's hard to tell with itunes though because they never show release dates properly. They only show the most recent release. So if it was originally released in 2001 or even 1972, they will display the most recent release as the release date often times.....but I think it's new. You can hear 30 seconds of it on Itunes. I downloaded. Interesting Frank interpretation. The guitar is the interesting part for me.

27th February 2006 12:44 AM
JuanTCB His website says it's from an EP released in '98.

I guess his latest record is a compilation of b-sides, EP tracks, etc. over the year.
27th February 2006 01:30 AM
GimmeExile iTunes says it was released February 3, 2006.
27th February 2006 03:38 AM
Jumacfly FB: best rock voice after Mj.
27th February 2006 12:52 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
FB: best rock voice after Mj.

Frans Bauer?
27th February 2006 12:56 PM
Break The Spell Does his version have the blues harp?
27th February 2006 01:17 PM
FPM C10 I love Black Francis. We watched "The Pixies Sell Out" over the weekend. What a great, totally original band.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)