ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bono Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize? Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th February 2006 07:51 PM
GotToRollMe I thought I was hallucinating at first...
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=216549
25th February 2006 07:55 PM
glencar So was Bob Geldof.
26th February 2006 02:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
26th February 2006 02:40 PM
speedfreakjive
26th February 2006 04:10 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, they're nominated every year. No biggie.
26th February 2006 04:16 PM
speedfreakjive should maybe win a 'good intentions' prize rather than peace, since he has not been appealing or acting on the prevention of wars.
26th February 2006 04:28 PM
pdog Is he Sir Boner Of Twat yet?
26th February 2006 04:29 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is he Sir Boner Of Twat yet?

Nobel Twat Prize?
26th February 2006 04:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
should maybe win a 'good intentions' prize rather than peace, since he has not been appealing or acting on the prevention of wars.

Well..he DOES promote peace....kind of.

26th February 2006 04:37 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well..he DOES promote peace....kind of.

lmfao

i guess so TTM
26th February 2006 05:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
should maybe win a 'good intentions' prize rather than peace, since he has not been appealing or acting on the prevention of wars.

hes been doing exactly that close to home for over two decades for starters
[Edited by Gazza]
26th February 2006 06:43 PM
glencar Speedy is ill-informed in most areas. I had thought it was limited to Stonesiana but no, it's widespread.
27th February 2006 07:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels U2 HONOURED BY AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

Irish rockers U2 have been named Ambassadors of Conscience by human rights group Amnesty International, at a ceremony in Chile.

The WITH OR WITHOUT YOU hitmakers were honoured at the National Stadium in the capital Santiago.

Amnesty International's secretary general IRENE KHAN praised the BONO-fronted band for its "unwavering" commitment towards making poverty history and devotion to human rights.

Khan said, "Their leadership in linking music to the struggle for human rights and human dignity worldwide has been groundbreaking and unwavering.

"They have inspired and empowered millions with their music and by speaking out on behalf of the poor, the powerless and the oppressed."

27/02/2006 09:28

27th February 2006 11:51 AM
voodoopug humiliating that this post is even kept on this board without being deleted.. I find it hard to accept that the one million dollar donation the stones made to the Red Cross was the "talk of the town" at the U2 message boards!
27th February 2006 11:55 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
humiliating that this post is even kept on this board without being deleted.. I find it hard to accept that the one million dollar donation the stones made to the Red Cross was the "talk of the town" at the U2 message boards!

The Stones shoulda made it $2m
27th February 2006 12:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

The Stones shoulda made it $2m

ticket prices outside of the US and parts of the mexico venues are far too low to accomodate that figure.
27th February 2006 12:18 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

ticket prices outside of the US and parts of the mexico venues are far too low to accomodate that figure.

what about Sir Mick's savings account?
27th February 2006 12:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Too many kids and ex's to support with that cash.
27th February 2006 12:35 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Too many kids and ex's to support with that cash.

Keith?
27th February 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Keith?

I was speaking of Michael Phillip, too many kids to support to give too much to charities.
27th February 2006 12:45 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I was speaking of Michael Phillip, too many kids to support to give too much to charities.

I know, but I was speaking of Keith Richards, and his copious amounts of dough, not too many kids either
27th February 2006 12:51 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I know, but I was speaking of Keith Richards, and his copious amounts of dough, not too many kids either

Keith may not be as rich as we think, at last May's press conference, he said "You can keep the money pal". It may be a promise he kept. :}
27th February 2006 01:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
humiliating that this post is even kept on this board without being deleted.. I find it hard to accept that the one million dollar donation the stones made to the Red Cross was the "talk of the town" at the U2 message boards!

BONO EARNS NERUDA AWARD IN CHILE

Campaigning rocker BONO has been honoured with the prestigious Neruda Award by Chilean President RICARDO LAGOS.

The U2 frontman received the medal during a ceremony at La Moneda, the presidential palace, in the Chilean capital of Santiago yesterday (26FEB06).

The nation's first female leader MICHELLE BACHELET, who will be inaugurated next month (MAR06), also attended and praised Bono for his activism.

She said, "You are a reminder to all of us that the world is not changed only by politicians and governments. The world is changed by all of us."

Bono and band members THE EDGE, LARRY MULLEN JR and ADAM CLAYTON also received the 2005 Amnesty International award for Ambassador of Conscience this weekend (25-26MAR06).

27/02/2006 13:46

27th February 2006 01:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

no one but his accountant knows how much he donated privately, not fair to attack or praise him.
27th February 2006 01:53 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

no one but his accountant knows how much he donated privately, not fair to attack or praise him.

true, but what makes you think he gave more than $1m?
27th February 2006 05:28 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Keith may not be as rich as we think, at last May's press conference, he said "You can keep the money pal". It may be a promise he kept. :}

KR is worth nearly 400 million dollars - he is doing quite well. His kids will likely inherit an estate of around .75 billion when that sad day comes...

Hell, Ronnie has upped his own worth to nearly 100 million in the last decade - not bad considering he was near bankrupt back in mid 80s.

Chaz is said to stroll happily in the neighborhood of about 250 million.

Mick tops out at about 450 million - about 350 million less than Macca (Macca, contrary to some bloated and quite speculative reports, is not yet a billionaire, though he will likely hit that mark by 2008 or 2009.

And in other related news, I was recently infored M. Jackson's net worth is a negative 10-20 million. His debts are overcoming the poor lad, who is waging a final and desperate attempt at solvency with an upcoming album being recording in the Middle East.

Oh - and those so-called super-rich rap stars??? Shit, those guys couldn't afford Mick's guest house! 50-cent is so leveraged to the hilt with his corporate sponsors the his real worth is about $10 million. Not bad money mind you, but nowhere near the bullshit $60 million his P.R. hacks tried to report earlier this year. He'll burn through that $10million in another year or two and be yet another forgotten rap hack.

What about P-Diddy-Dangle you say?? Same thing applies - leveraged to the gills -so many hands get to his purse before he does he's left with scraps. His real #s come in at about $19million these days, and his most profitable year was three years ago - it's been in serious decline since then. Time to liquidate P!
27th February 2006 05:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

true, but what makes you think he gave more than $1m?

never said he gave more, just said there is no way we can know how much more/if any he gave
27th February 2006 06:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

never said he gave more, just said there is no way we can know how much more/if any he gave

U2 mania right now in Buenos Aires. Bono signed autographs outside of the hotel (the same of the Stones last week) during half an hour or more, the crowd (completely different to the Stones, mostly women and mostly with good social condition) was amazed because nobody did this before.
27th February 2006 08:24 PM
PeerQueer Bono truly knows how to work a room...
28th February 2006 12:50 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Humiliating? So you and Josh keep saying. But how so? Is rock'n'roll just another sports league in which we must root for our team and despise its rivals? Or is it a cultural force in which each part--each band or artist--can further the power of the entire movement? I understand that some younger fans take a commodity viewpoint--comparing tickets sales, etc.--but for many of us, it's still about changing the world.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)