ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sheryl Crow Cancer surgery NSC Return to archive
25th February 2006 07:06 AM
Daethgod Sheryl Crow has cancer surgery
From correspondents in Washington
25feb06

GRAMMY winner Sheryl Crow had surgery for breast cancer and postponed a North American tour scheduled to start next month, the singer announced on her website today.

Crow's website said she underwent successful surgery on Wednesday and described the procedure as "minimally invasive." Doctors said her prognosis was excellent and she would have radiation treatments as a precaution.

"I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year," Crow said.

"We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments ... I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."

Last month, Crow, 44, and Lance Armstrong, seven-time winner of the Tour de France cycling race and a survivor of testicular, brain and lung cancer, announced they were scrapping plans to get married after a two-year relationship.

Crow is calling off her March-April tour but intends to reschedule as much of it as possible.

The Missouri native was a schoolteacher before starting a singing career that led to a job as a backup singer to Michael Jackson and later to nine Grammy Awards. Her hits include All I Wanna Do, Everyday Is a Winding Road, If It Makes You Happy.

25th February 2006 07:13 AM
Jumping Jack Very sad news. I sure hope Lance is around to give her support.

I guess the Stones will just have to play longer at RCMH now that they don't have a warm up act!!!

Damn, I hate when that happens, LOL!!!
25th February 2006 09:46 AM
glencar Let's hope she gets well.
25th February 2006 10:24 AM
jb While I don't care for her music and association with the Stones, we wish her a fast and complete cure from this dreadful disease.
[Edited by jb]
25th February 2006 10:24 AM
gimmekeef Yes..lets hope the best for her...Hopefully the caught it early enough..
25th February 2006 12:29 PM
gorda Breast cancer! How sad.
25th February 2006 01:20 PM
White House Lawn Cancer sucks! I know from experience, too. Grrrrrr!

Getting my three-month Lymphoma check-up on Monday--I'm two years into remission and want it to last.

[Edited by White House Lawn]
25th February 2006 01:40 PM
Gazza Good luck to you on Monday..and good luck to Sheryl too
25th February 2006 03:52 PM
White House Lawn Paraphrasing Ron Wood from BURIED ALIVE: "(She's) far too pretty to die!"

Always liked how Mick comes in at the end with "die, die, DIE!"
[Edited by White House Lawn]
25th February 2006 03:57 PM
glencar What CD is that on? BTW Good luck with your cancer test. I ahve to undergo one shortly so I'm kind of on pins & needles.
25th February 2006 05:29 PM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
What CD is that on?

Gimme Some Neck.
25th February 2006 05:30 PM
glencar You are incredible! I will order that one right now.
25th February 2006 06:16 PM
thejuf how awful! breastcancer is so horrible. I have just had my six months all clear,but every time I go to hospital it scares the sh*t out of me(pardon the expression)! here in the Netherlands as much as one in nine women cope with breastcancer.

Sheryl is such a brave woman. Keep up the fight!

25th February 2006 11:32 PM
Child of the Moon My best wishes are with this talented and beautiful woman. Here's to a full and speedy recovery!
26th February 2006 05:26 AM
Jacques Best wishes to Sheryl and all women who have to fight this horrible disease.
many of these cancers are from now on neat.
Be optimistic Girls, we are with you
26th February 2006 06:00 AM
JaggerLips Best wishes to Miss Crow, you fight it girl! Also my continued best wishes go out to Kylie Minogue!

Such sad news.
26th February 2006 08:14 AM
corgi37 Well, thats it. I really wanted to fuck her. I really wanted to suck her toes and make her love me. But, not now. Thats what happens when you hang around a multi cancer affected dude. She got it from him!

Funny thing is, she got tit cancer, but has not tits!

Maybe its the mole on her face?

Anyway, i wish her all the best. Kylie Minogue had not tits (no real ones, anyway) but she got cancer too. Sad thing.

I blame George W. Bush.
26th February 2006 10:51 AM
Factory Girl I wish everybody a speedy recovery (Sheryl and our posters). Did Lance know she had it when he dumped her?

Glenie-best of luck on your test.

[Edited by Factory Girl]
26th February 2006 10:53 AM
LadyJane Good luck Sheryl. A scare we all live with especially as we get older.

Prayers are with you and EVERYONE who faces that evil disease.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
26th February 2006 11:32 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Well, thats it. I really wanted to fuck her. I really wanted to suck her toes and make her love me. But, not now. Thats what happens when you hang around a multi cancer affected dude. She got it from him!

Anyway, i wish her all the best. Kylie Minogue had not tits (no real ones, anyway) but she got cancer too. Sad thing.

I blame George W. Bush.

Corgi?...This is most moronic post I have seen on any board anytime!.....You should be ashamed...

26th February 2006 12:29 PM
thejuf
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Well, thats it. I really wanted to fuck her. I really wanted to suck her toes and make her love me. But, not now. Thats what happens when you hang around a multi cancer affected dude. She got it from him!

this is by far the most insipid post I have ever read on this board.

26th February 2006 12:44 PM
glencar Corgi, that's an assholic post. I laugh at most of your stuff(even the ones that joke about Lennon) but this one stinks.
27th February 2006 12:10 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I blame George W. Bush.

_______

You poor sad bastard - - she is quite attractive, as well as talented. You should not make fun of such things as Karma has a way of finding you eventually...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)