ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steel Wheels DVD Return to archive
24th February 2006 02:37 PM
speedfreakjive Hi
just saw some live SW footage, it looks better than VL tour.
Anyone know what is the best bootleg DVD and where to get hold of it?
24th February 2006 02:40 PM
Break The Spell I have Stones At The Max, the one they showed in Imax theaters during 1990-91, its from the SW tour and its pretty good.
24th February 2006 02:46 PM
stewed & Keefed Atlantic City & Tokyo
24th February 2006 02:57 PM
Gazza there were 3 broadcasts :

Atlantic City 19.12.89 (full show)
Tokyo 26.2.90 (full show)
Barcelona 13 & 14.6.90 (90 - 100 mins, depending on what European country you lived in)

All very good, although for me, the gem of the bunch is Tokyo. The best show of the tour and one of the best stadium shows theyve ever done.

There were also quite a few pro-shots, some of which were complete shows, most notably :

Dallas 11.11.89
Tokyo 24.2.90

Both are extremely good (the Dallas one has the guitars quite loud in the mix)

Theres also one from one of the LA shows (I think its 22.10.89 - I'd need to check), although my copy isnt as good as the ones listed above)

An incomplete pro shot (85 mins) which I think is pretty nice (if you can get the one with the upgraded sound and picture quality) is the one from Toronto 3.9.89. Its a pro shot filmed by MTV for use at the VMA's 3 days later

"At The Max" really needs to be seen in the way it was originally intended - in an IMAX theatre - to really appreciate it. The home video/DVD doesnt do it justice
[Edited by Gazza]
24th February 2006 03:22 PM
gimmekeef Yes the At The Max...is lame in comparison to its original version...The Atlantic City is good especially with Clapton and John Lee Hooker added but overall Tokyo is tough to beat imho...
24th February 2006 03:54 PM
Break The Spell I'd like to check these other SW era DVD's out, I only have the Max one. Which is the best one that features One Hit To The Body in the live set?
[Edited by Break The Spell]
[Edited by Break The Spell]
24th February 2006 04:22 PM
Jumping Jack In addition to those mentioned above, line feeds of Montreal and LA (w/EC) were just recently released, and 2 more pro shot Tokyo shows are just starting to be traded.

http://bootcoverz.com/DVD/1990-02-24+26_Tokyo.jpg
24th February 2006 04:26 PM
speedfreakjive I've posted on IORR buy/trade page. Because there was nothing on Dimeadozen.
24th February 2006 04:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
In addition to those mentioned above, line feeds of Montreal and LA (w/EC) were just recently released, and 2 more pro shot Tokyo shows are just starting to be traded.

http://bootcoverz.com/DVD/1990-02-24+26_Tokyo.jpg

The montreal show is fantastic!
24th February 2006 04:41 PM
speedfreakjive Pugggie.

Some say, the day you have children, your life is never the same, do you concur!!?????

P.S, I am still not on the 'like to drink with' list. Lets put our u2 differences behind us?
24th February 2006 06:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I'd like to check these other SW era DVD's out, I only have the Max one. Which is the best one that features One Hit To The Body in the live set?

Toronto

the song was dropped about midway through the US tour and never played again. The Toronto 3.9.89 show features a very good version of it
24th February 2006 06:29 PM
glencar I'll be damned! I never realized that One Hit got dumped. Was there a reason given? Did they do it in Europe later on?
24th February 2006 07:12 PM
artinis1 from nick,
are the two new ones from tokyo in better quality than the one from 2/26/90 already out, does what one would call a mint copy of that tokyo show exist, i have traded for a few copies the last couple of years and never really got a mint version in terms of picture quality, a little blurry or fuzzy at times, but the sound is incredible, i will search forever if i could find the best possible version, just like atlantic city 89 also, i must have 4 different ones, but never finding a mint one, am i crazy, any info is appreciated
25th February 2006 03:34 PM
speedfreakjive i'm having trouble getting anyone interested on IORR Buy/Sell Forum

has anyone here got these DVD's to purchase? (p.s, I dunno whether you can do this on RO)

98 Bremen
99 Hartford
89 Atlantic City
90 Tokyo & IMAX
81 Hampton & Rock's Off

I've got a few rare boots too.
cheers
25th February 2006 03:47 PM
rough-justice Seeing Atlantic City was a pro shot Im suprised by its quality! I have got two versions that are really grainy/poor audio would love to hear if someone has a 1st gen from T.V on DVD also.
25th February 2006 03:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll be damned! I never realized that One Hit got dumped. Was there a reason given? Did they do it in Europe later on?

Last played in Oakland on 5th November 1989

I think Keith & Ronnie found it hard to reproduce the guitar sound onstage - personally I thought they did a decent version of it

It's a song they always had trouble with even in the studio. Supposedly they werent able to play the lead guitar part the way they intended it to sound and thats when they got Jimmy Page in to do the job for them.
25th February 2006 03:48 PM
glencar
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
i'm having trouble getting anyone interested on IORR Buy/Sell Forum

has anyone here got these DVD's to purchase? (p.s, I dunno whether you can do this on RO)

98 Bremen
99 Hartford
89 Atlantic City
90 Tokyo & IMAX
81 Hampton & Rock's Off

I've got a few rare boots too.
cheers

Yes, I have most of that.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)