ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will the Stones loose their recording contract? Return to archive
24th February 2006 01:46 PM
AlexKx Will the Rolling Stones loose their recording contract? I was wondering since Kenny Loggins lost his after selling one million copies of what was at the time his latest c.d. a couple of years ago. This is why I was wondering how many copies "A Bigger Bang" has sold. Has it sold half a million?
24th February 2006 01:49 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Will the Rolling Stones loose their recording contract? I was wondering since Kenny Loggins lost his after selling one million copies of what was at the time his latest c.d. a couple of years ago. This is why I was wondering how many copies "A Bigger Bang" has sold. Has it sold half a million?

Well when they signed, it was to do 3 studio albums, and ABB was the third of the 3 studio albums they owed Virgin, so I'm sure the band will search for a new label now since Virgin did a poor job of marketing it. They aren't getting dropped, its just that their contract has been fulfilled.
24th February 2006 02:05 PM
glencar Kenny Loggins sold a million CD's? WTF?
24th February 2006 02:10 PM
Bloozehound Stones are gonna Loose, contractloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Please, Louise
Pull me off a my knees
Jack, get back
C'mon before we crack
Lose your blues
Everybody cut their contractloose
24th February 2006 02:13 PM
nanatod "Kenny Loggins sold a million CD's"

I've heard excerpts from the book about how he met his (now-ex) wife. Allegedly very creepy.
24th February 2006 02:13 PM
speedfreakjive Stray Contract Blues
24th February 2006 02:25 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"Kenny Loggins sold a million CD's"

I've heard excerpts from the book about how he met his (now-ex) wife. Allegedly very creepy.

Kenny, creepy?? Wow, what happened?
24th February 2006 02:46 PM
pdog Let's hope so...
24th February 2006 03:04 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Kenny, creepy?? Wow, what happened?

"The Unimaginable Life : Lessons Learned on the Path of Love
by Loggins, Kenny
Edition: Reprint
Description: One of popular music's most distinguished artists and his wife, Julia, offer an intimate, transforming look at love and relationships--a passionate account of a shared journey along the one path that illuminates all others."

Break, I believe they met when she gave him some kind of colonic therapy. Throughout the book, he allegedly casts aspirations on her looks.
24th February 2006 03:14 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

"The Unimaginable Life : Lessons Learned on the Path of Love
by Loggins, Kenny
Edition: Reprint
Description: One of popular music's most distinguished artists and his wife, Julia, offer an intimate, transforming look at love and relationships--a passionate account of a shared journey along the one path that illuminates all others."

Break, I believe they met when she gave him some kind of colonic therapy. Throughout the book, he allegedly casts aspirations on her looks.

Wow, never knew ol' Kenny had that kind of secret fetish about him, I guess he liked what she did with his "Danger Zone".
24th February 2006 03:20 PM
gimmekeef Makes sense... he was always full of it anyway!
24th February 2006 06:35 PM
glencar "he allegedly casts aspirations on her looks."

This doesn't make any sense. And why does meeting her during a high colonic sound so bad?
24th February 2006 06:43 PM
Poison Dart Sales for ABB in the United States have been mediocre to say the least. But around the world ABB has sold very well.

As a matter of fact if you were to throw out the US numbers. The Stones would have easily outsold Kanye West and Mariah Carey. Evn if you keep the US sales figures and calculate worldwide sales the Stones are close to their numbers.

You don't hear anything about them being dumped from their record label.
24th February 2006 06:47 PM
glencar They're not getting dumped. They're dumping.
26th February 2006 06:10 AM
JaggerLips I think the Stones have got enough money to have their own record label! I'm sure they could do far better doing that then leaving decisions to a record company that has got lots of acts on their books and so can afford to be lazy on marketing because overall sales will always keep them in profit.
26th February 2006 02:07 PM
Soldatti If they broke with Virgin, their album sales will go to the roof. Any other label could promote 10 times better their records.
26th February 2006 02:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
If they broke with Virgin, their album sales will go to the roof. Any other label could promote 10 times better their records.

Agreed, 100%!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)