ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires 23rd February 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
24th February 2006 10:52 AM
Soldatti Also, yesterday the local TV broadcasted 19 out of 20 songs of last Tuesday (all minus SMU) and with DVD quality. No cuts, no people talking in the songs, excelent sound, we have a perfect DVD of the first show, much better than the previous from 95 and 98.
[Edited by Soldatti]
24th February 2006 11:05 AM
Soldatti Sorry, Shattered was left out too. But 18 songs is not bad.
24th February 2006 11:31 AM
Gazza if the DVD is better than 95 and especially 98, I cant wait to see it
24th February 2006 11:51 AM
glencar YGMR must be retired. If I see it at RCMH I'll riot!
24th February 2006 11:56 AM
Gazza You've changed your tune on the subject of "civil disorder" a lot in less than 24 hours

This song HAS that effect on people!
24th February 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza Soldatti - did anyone record last night's show?
24th February 2006 11:58 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You've changed your tune on the subject of "civil disorder" a lot in less than 24 hours

This song HAS that effect on people!

I really hate that song. Of course, if I'm recording, a civil disturbance is probably not a great idea...
24th February 2006 11:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
KennedyLW wrote:
Pug - why is my name still not on your fucking "drinking" list?

It is already understood that we drink together!
24th February 2006 12:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

I really hate that song. Of course, if I'm recording, a civil disturbance is probably not a great idea...

in fairness, "Sparks will fly" makes it sound like "Gimme Shelter"
24th February 2006 12:06 PM
glencar That's damning with faint praise.
24th February 2006 12:08 PM
stonezone9 Im so sorry to hear about all the injuries at the two shows. How did the Copacabana have so many peaceful people in one place?
24th February 2006 12:10 PM
glencar The Argies are simply revolting.
24th February 2006 12:29 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
stonezone9 wrote:
Im so sorry to hear about all the injuries at the two shows. How did the Copacabana have so many peaceful people in one place?

more weed

24th February 2006 01:30 PM
Madafaka Some pix from yesterday. Credits to me
(Click to enlarge)

Crowd was arriving at the stadium and the rain too

Crowd waiting for the Stones. Wet buy happy!

S T O N E S!

Keith's Set

To the B Stage

B Stage under the rain

Back to Main Stage

Brown Sugar

You Can't... Always Geeeeeet What You Waaaaaaaant!

Show is sadly over

Crowd left the stadium very happy!

Bonus:
Me and Voodoo

24th February 2006 01:32 PM
glencar Nice shotz! Looks like the stage is differento!
24th February 2006 01:33 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nice shotz! Looks like the stage is differento!

Yeah, the stage is the same that Copacabana. A poor stage, but I don't care
24th February 2006 01:35 PM
glencar Review yet?
24th February 2006 01:40 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
Review yet?

A little hard to explain. Yesterday was a very awful day. Weather was very hard to see a concert in the field, but this band, is the hottest band in the whole world!
Yesterday was better concert than Tuesday, IMO. Setlist was great and crowd was really wild. We were wainting to see the boys under the rain around seven hours.
The tv broadcast was yesterday, but they broadcasted the 21st show. It wasn't a live broadcast. I hope someone have taped the last night concert...

[Edited by Madafaka]
24th February 2006 02:27 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Soldatti - did anyone record last night's show?

From our group no. I expect a recording soon from other sources.
24th February 2006 02:57 PM
deuce I happen to like You Got Me Rocking, but only the studio version. The live version sucks.
24th February 2006 03:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonezone9 wrote:
Im so sorry to hear about all the injuries at the two shows. How did the Copacabana have so many peaceful people in one place?

well the trouble in Argentina seemed to be caused by people who couldnt get into the show

That was hardly going to be a problem in Rio considering it was a free show with no crowd limit
24th February 2006 03:10 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
deuce wrote:
I happen to like You Got Me Rocking, but only the studio version. The live version sucks.

I think it's a song that they do extremely well live, over and over.
24th February 2006 03:43 PM
Jumping Jack YGMR is a great live song which is why they keep it in the setlist.
24th February 2006 04:10 PM
speedfreakjive this has to be one of the setlists so far.

No new songs until Europe, and a few surprises at Wembley #1 , fingers crossed!
24th February 2006 04:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
YGMR is a great live song which is why they keep it in the setlist.

Might as well play I Go Wild, its in the same vein. Easy to play etc.
24th February 2006 04:17 PM
Jumping Jack Many people who have actually experienced it in concert this tour have commented that while it may not be their favorite song, it works well in the context of the other songs. I don't particularly like Angie or WAY either, but when done with enthusiasm can be the highlight of a show. It isn't so much what they play but how they play it, and they sure do seem to be enthusiastic about YGMR.
24th February 2006 05:25 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Many people who have actually experienced it in concert this tour have commented that while it may not be their favorite song, it works well in the context of the other songs. I don't particularly like Angie or WAY either, but when done with enthusiasm can be the highlight of a show. It isn't so much what they play but how they play it, and they sure do seem to be enthusiastic about YGMR.

Why?
because you are half-cut?
sure, but lose the 'spectacle' dazzle, and you realise its shite JJ
24th February 2006 06:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Many people who have actually experienced it in concert this tour have commented that while it may not be their favorite song, it works well in the context of the other songs. I don't particularly like Angie or WAY either, but when done with enthusiasm can be the highlight of a show. It isn't so much what they play but how they play it, and they sure do seem to be enthusiastic about YGMR.

hey, it gets slagged here....but the reaction at the show is quite the contrary, and the band clearly loves playing it

so it's OK by me

Cazart!
24th February 2006 06:37 PM
glencar I sort of agree with Jumping Jack. The song is definitely better live than on the CD(bleech!) but they do seem to like it & the rest of the crowd does it too.
25th February 2006 12:18 AM
Soldatti A pic of last night:

I was right there, in front of Keith and very close to the guy with the little flag.
[Edited by Soldatti]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)