ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires 23rd February 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
23rd February 2006 08:51 PM
Limbostone Sure it's not a rio rerun or the show from two days ago?
23rd February 2006 08:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Petuña wrote:
The show on tv is on. JJ flash first song

2nd: it's only r'n'r
[Edited by Petuña]

What a way to make an entrance to RO!!!!!!!

Welcome Petuna!!!

LJ.
23rd February 2006 08:59 PM
Petuña
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

What a way to make an entrance to RO!!!!!!!

Welcome Petuna!!!

LJ.

Thankkkssss!!

Fu...... TV!!!, are the the performance from february 21!!!
Mick's words: Hola Argentina! Hola Buenos Airis!. Pasaron ocho años... los extrañamos mucho... estan igual!
and follow "Oh no not you again!"...

exactly as the first show... i'm shattered, cause i believe i will keep both shows... We only can wait for some record from the second date.

Sorry, very disapointing. Here in Argentina aren't serious with this.
23rd February 2006 09:00 PM
glencar More serious than any other country!
23rd February 2006 09:04 PM
Gazza so this is the 1st show thats being broadcast? Shit!

ah well...
23rd February 2006 09:05 PM
Petuña Ok, this are very positive, because we will keep two new soundboard sources (Rio and here). And not d.j. speakers!!
But obviously some missing song for commercials.
23rd February 2006 09:08 PM
Petuña For melancholics guys: "Worried about you" are in... not missing.
23rd February 2006 09:09 PM
Gazza very strange that they chose to broadcast the 1st show DURING the time that the 2nd show is taking place - a bit inconvenient for the people who are at the concert!

23rd February 2006 09:10 PM
CleiK Thanks You Petuña
I posting the set list in BDP
For The latinoamerica People

http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4336
23rd February 2006 09:16 PM
Petuña
quote:
CleiK wrote:
Thanks You Petuña

NO!! this is the set list from 21-2. I can't get anything from the current show!! Sorry for the confussion!!. I've started to give the songs, but when Mick talk with the audience, i discovered the mistake. I've desapointed with this. I've waiting all day long to hear and see the 2nd show... but... you know now.
23rd February 2006 09:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
CleiK wrote:
Thanks You Petuña

Thanks. but the setlist from the TV broadcast is from 21/2/06
23rd February 2006 09:22 PM
CleiK LOL

Thanks
23rd February 2006 09:27 PM
dasnet hi, is correct, is the show from the 21th. Shattered was cut off, and they edited some parts between the songs. Radio Spika is not broadcasteing this show. The show begins around 22 hours, time of Buenos Aires.
23rd February 2006 09:33 PM
Gazza many thanks

looks like we'll have to rely on cellphones for setlists or wait until they all sober up tomorrow!
23rd February 2006 09:41 PM
deuce Right now Rain Fall Down is on Radio Spkia. It's live. Is it from tonight or from Tuesday?
23rd February 2006 09:43 PM
glencar Tonight.
23rd February 2006 09:56 PM
bravenewworld right, im tuned in to radio spika. Anyone know how much longer till the show will be broadcast?
23rd February 2006 10:10 PM
voodoopug can we confirm that our friend Voodoo was not injured in the riots???
23rd February 2006 10:11 PM
Gazza its isnt being broadcast...see above

Right, I'm off to bed...hopefully someone somewhere will post the setlist in the next few hours...I'll update the first post on this thread in the morning if it is available
23rd February 2006 10:12 PM
KennedyLW Pug - why is my name still not on your fucking "drinking" list?
24th February 2006 01:02 AM
Madafaka The concert was excellent, but it was under the rain.

Setlist:
01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. It's Only Rock'n Roll
03. You Got Me Rocking
04. Oh No Not You Again
05. She's So Cold
06. Angie
07. Rain Fall Down
08. Bitch
09. Tumblin' Dice
10. Gimme Shelter

Band Intros

11. This Place Is Empty (Keith)
12. Happy (Keith)
13. Miss You (To B-Stage)
14. Rough Justice
15. Get Off Of My Cloud
16. Honky Tonk Women (To Main Stage)
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Start Me Up
19. Brown Sugar
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. Satisfaction

We can see 6 changes in the setlist. Awesome!
Mick is learning spanish and he talks with the crowd very often.
Keith ask for "ole, ole, ole, Richards, Richards" one more time and he was smiling and thanking.
I love these guys! Last concert sadly and the rain was serious, but it was one of the best Stones concerts ever.
Thank you boys! You're simply THE BEST.
24th February 2006 01:39 AM
Brainbell Jangler El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido!
24th February 2006 05:50 AM
Jeep Street Fighting Men in Buenos Aires :

www.infobae.com/interior/../download/07/0070700.wmv
24th February 2006 06:10 AM
Jeep Only pictures of the riots in the press today :

24th February 2006 07:19 AM
Gazza they obviously thought there were too many "warhorses" in the setlist....!

I knew if they kept "You got me rocking" in the setlist this would happen sooner or later..
[Edited by Gazza]
24th February 2006 07:53 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:
they obviously thought there were too many "warhorses" in the setlist....!

I knew if they kept "You got me rocking" in the setlist this would happen sooner or later..
[Edited by Gazza]

you better not post this on IORR / Tell Me
24th February 2006 09:06 AM
ezequiel2517 This was a amazing, awesome, fucking incredible show!!!!!!!
The crowd was on fire, it rains ALL the show, and the boys play like it was the last show of their lives.
hope a SBD surface shortly... of both shows...
24th February 2006 09:47 AM
Lazy Bones Stones fans clash with cops in Argentina

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Rowdy fans trying to enter a concert by the Rolling Stones without having tickets fought running battles with police Thursday and authorities said at least 20 people were injured.

Dozens of the fans were detained, police reported. The clashes broke when scores of fans were stopped by police at the entrances to the Monumental soccer stadium where Mick Jagger and his band were to perform later.

Police fired rubber bullets and used water cannons and clubs. The fans replied throwing rocks and bottles at police.

Local television showed the fans being chased by police in the streets near the stadium where the final of the 1978 World Cup won by Argentina was played.

The Emergency Medical Service reported that at least 20 people were injured, including a television cameraman with a bleeding head.

Police had reinforced security at the stadium after minor incidents had already occurred at the Stones' first concert here Tuesday. More than 50,000 people wearing Stones T-shirts and wagging-tongue tattoos attended that concert. A similar crowd was expected Thursday night.

24th February 2006 10:11 AM
Soldatti What can I say about the show?
It was magical, the band was on fire and the crowd went wild from song 1, onwards. Mick's face was incredible seeing all that crowd jumping and dancing under the rain.
A few remarks:
- Mick & Keith were with hats during all the show and with rain clothes too.
- A lot of mistakes in the show, Mick almost fucked up IORR, She's So Cold and SMU. He went to wrong part of the songs many times. On SMU he started like this "Start Me Up, if you start me up I'll never stop. I can't compete with the riders..." Keith's face was hilarious here.
- Angie started like Wild Horses, a complete mess.
- Charlie was with an umbrella during the introductions and the final bows. Ronnie looked like Sherlok!, so funny.
- The b-stage got stuck in the middle of its way, it was pushed to the middle after Miss You.

On a personal note I met Gerardo, a fabulous guy and very funny. He's very well, he went with us to the field and back to the hotel. We're all right. The riots started 10 minutes after of our entry to the stadium, we were very lucky but it was a war outside. He was with his camera and filmed salutes to some members of this forum. He's going back to Mexico right now.
24th February 2006 10:12 AM
Angiegirl Gotta love Argentina, they do everything for their Stones!!

Finally some interesting reviews
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)