ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires 23rd February 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
23rd February 2006 07:50 PM
Petuña yes i'm from Argentina, and thanks!!!
23rd February 2006 07:51 PM
maumau crazy
wonder if they play at all
23rd February 2006 07:52 PM
Petuña The show will be broadcasted on tv too. This will start delayed too. I think at 10:30 pm... I will let you know.
23rd February 2006 07:53 PM
maumau on this tn24horas?
23rd February 2006 07:53 PM
glencar Tape it!
23rd February 2006 07:54 PM
didoengland4 i just watched the video that petuna said to link to.
it looks like chaos there. really amazing the differences in degrees of 'fandom' in different countries.
thanks petuna for all of your posts keeping us informed.
are they going to start the show? i'm understanding that it won't be until 10:30pm, which is about 35 minutes away.
is this right?
23rd February 2006 07:54 PM
Petuña No sorry, not from TN. Of course i will taped it.
23rd February 2006 07:55 PM
Chris Diemoz This is an automatic translation on the riot news, from the site of Clarin.

Cheers,
Chris

-------

21:43 | In spite of The GREATER CONTROLS

Incidents in River before the second recital of the Stones

A hundred of fans at least faced the Police when trying to enter the stage without entrances. It had run and shocks that left wounded of both sides. Also they attacked motorists in the avenue of the Liberator. There are at least 50 lengthy ones. The British band takes leave tonight of Buenos Aires.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The previous one to hoped the second night of the Rolling Stones had serious confrontations, more serious than those of first, Tuesday. Tonight, under rain, more of a hundred of young people one faced on the avenue of the Liberator the Police when trying to enter without entrances to the stage of River Plate. There were wounded, stopped and destructions in the zone.

After a first attempt of entrance, the young people hit the Police, that repressed them. The answer across arrived in form from piedrazos, blows with a bottle and all type of projectiles, whereas the cash of the Federal - regular and of the Guard of Infantry they grouped themselves and they advanced again on the group. The cameras of tevé showed several wounded of both sides.

Several minutes after the beginning of the incidents, in the middle of the bullfights and the regrouping of the police that they looked for to protect itself of stones, it left from back fence a hidrante truck, that also was used at night of the first recital.

In addition, when it seemed that the incidents arrived at their aim, fans stoned to the cars that happened through the zone. And the conflict centers expanded then throughout several blocks, where some premises were with their damaged show windows.

Until the moment, there are about 50 prisoners, many of them lodged in the police station 51ª, in his majority, "to throw uniformed objects against, automobiles or to try to enter" the neighborhoods of the stage, police sources informed.

Shortly after the 21 and after several minutes of calm, new disturbances to about 300 meters of the stage took place. In addition, several people who had entrances denounced, in the middle of a crisis of weeping, salary robbed by other young people.

In the middle of this situation, the Police continues trying to take ahead the task of protecting the fast entrance of the thousands of spectators who yes count on entrances.

Tonight, near the 22, the Stones will within the framework give to the second and last recital in Buenos Aires of the presentation of A Bigger Bang, their more recent disc. The doors of the stage of River Plate were opened to 14, two hours before last Tuesday, to try to avoid the agglomerations and the bullfights. Fans of the British group was doing tail, some from yesterday, to enter to the Monumental one.

Previous to the second concert of Mick Jagger and company it was lived in the environs of the stage of Núñez with one more a temperature more generous than the one of the recital of Tuesday, when the followers of the Stones who chose to wait for during hours the opening of the stage had to support a suffocating heat.

Anyway, several of which waited for the goodbye underwent with stoicism the rain that fell last night, this dawn and again from this late time on the Capital.

In order to try to avoid the disadvantages, today the amount of assigned cash had been duplicated to the security of the event.
23rd February 2006 07:56 PM
glencar How many tv networks are in Argie?
23rd February 2006 07:57 PM
Petuña Yes, the show on tv will be started with a delay from the real beginning of the show. I don't know if the show are started yet, because this F...g radio don't say anything. in some time the d.j. says "the show will be broadcasted since 10:00 pm..." but still nothing.
23rd February 2006 08:02 PM
glencar How do I turn on Radio Spika?
23rd February 2006 08:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
How do I turn on Radio Spika?

Oh Dear. are you having problems? It just takes time for it to load.
23rd February 2006 08:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glenny- anything happening on Idol?
CleiK I Lintening Spike but not is the show
what time is in Argentina????
maumau petuna can you tell the name of the tv channel and if they have a live webcast?
23rd February 2006 08:13 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Glenny- anything happening on Idol?

Nothing good! It was a group sing of "Take It Easy" by the Awful Eagles. They did outsing Henley & Co. but my ears still bleed.
23rd February 2006 08:14 PM
Petuña Sorry, but this channel don't have live webcast. And this cheap-boring radio, don't say anything about the show!!! Sorry folks, i believe the show is on now... I'm changing for all the news channel here and all refeers to the riot only. Nothing about the show...
23rd February 2006 08:19 PM
Chris Diemoz People,

main tv webcasts for Argentina can be found here:

http://mediahopper.com/television/10.htm

Cheers,
Chris
23rd February 2006 08:22 PM
Petuña The channel are "canal 13". Don't have webcast transmition.
23rd February 2006 08:22 PM
CleiK In what chanel is????
Fucking Dial sUcks
23rd February 2006 08:25 PM
TomL Hope that mexican fucker don't get crazy tonight. Hope the set is great. It will be...............
23rd February 2006 08:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
Hope that mexican fucker don't get crazy tonight. Hope the set is great. It will be...............

Have a great time in Mexico!! Give me a call
23rd February 2006 08:28 PM
glencar ClieK, the Argie Channel doesn't have web transmission. Even a slow dial-up is useless in these times of need..
23rd February 2006 08:29 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Have a great time in Mexico!! Give me a call

NO...he's calling ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catfight over Tom!!!!!

LJ.
23rd February 2006 08:32 PM
Chris Diemoz People,

this is the site for "Canal Trece", and the Stones are mentioned, but alas no streaming:

http://www.canal13.com.ar/home_j.asp?a=1&nocach=353122

Ciao!
Chris
23rd February 2006 08:33 PM
glencar DAMMIT!
23rd February 2006 08:42 PM
Gazza some riot footage!

http://www.tn.com.ar/popupclarin.asp?Id_Nota=47657
23rd February 2006 08:43 PM
glencar See anyone we know?
23rd February 2006 08:46 PM
Petuña The show on tv is on. JJ flash first song

2nd: it's only r'n'r
[Edited by Petuña]
23rd February 2006 08:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Petuña wrote:
The show on tv is on. JJ flash first song

Thanks!! Guess we are getting the setlist from you!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)