ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Was Hot video Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th February 2006 08:31 AM
glencar I remember reading a Mick interview in the early 80's wherein he was asked about his friendship with the Duran Duran guys & he remarked about how much make-up they wore.
24th February 2006 09:09 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I remember reading a Mick interview in the early 80's wherein he was asked about his friendship with the Duran Duran guys & he remarked about how much make-up they wore.

Keith didn't respect Duran Duran as much. One day they visited the Stones in the studio recording the old school way, facing each other and playing the new songs. The guys in Duran Duran had apparently never seen sessions done that way and asked what they were doing, and Keith replied something like we're making an album you snotty little turd.
24th February 2006 09:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Keith didn't respect Duran Duran as much. One day they visited the Stones in the studio recording the old school way, facing each other and playing the new songs. The guys in Duran Duran had apparently never seen sessions done that way and asked what they were doing, and Keith replied something like we're making an album you snotty little turd.

priceless Keith!!
what a stoopid question indeed!!
I d like to hear them unplugged...wait,they can t play unplugged,they need a plug for their synthetizers!
24th February 2006 09:30 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

priceless Keith!!
what a stoopid question indeed!!
I d like to hear them unplugged...wait,they can t play unplugged,they need a plug for their synthetizers!

Sadly, 80's pop like Duran Duran are way better than any pop of today, at least they could play instruments.
24th February 2006 11:35 AM
stonezone9 I remember the release and watching SHE WAS HOT on Friday night videos too.
She would forever influence my young mind.
I was instantly jeasous of all the redheads I knew.
24th February 2006 11:40 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
stonezone9 wrote:
I remember the release and watching SHE WAS HOT on Friday night videos too.

Didn't Friday Night Videos eventually become Smash Videos or something like that?
24th February 2006 12:09 PM
glencar
quote:
stonezone9 wrote:
I remember the release and watching SHE WAS HOT on Friday night videos too.

Well, it wasn't the red hair that excited men so really your jealousy was misplaced.
24th February 2006 07:32 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
I still love SOL. Am I the only one?

I LIKE IT-IT JUST SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN THE SINGLE
24th February 2006 08:25 PM
glencar Agree there PERKS.
24th February 2006 11:47 PM
Soldatti I love the 3 videos of Undercover.
25th February 2006 05:54 AM
corgi37 Break the spell - Yep, thats the quote i was referring to. I hated Duran Duran. I hated that whole "New Romantic" thing full stop. Crap music performed by dweebs.

But, as sort of a Duran Duran connection, i liked that PowerStation band that was a side project. With Robert Palmer on vocals. "Get it on" was great.

For a long time, Undercover was my fave Stones 80's record. Great production. Very tough. No ballads. Some fucking rocking songs. No country. Even the reggae track was pretty cool in so much they used lots of channel switching and electronic drums. Another perfect example of them grabbing what was "in" at the time and using it to suit themselves. They really "had a go" with that album. 1 question though. "MUst be hell" is a direct rip off of the Soul Survivor riff. Less than 2 albums later, Keith vomits it up again for Rock and a hard place.

What is it with that riff that he likes it so much?
25th February 2006 11:53 AM
glencar It Must Be Hell is the best song that uses that riff.
25th February 2006 11:55 AM
glencar BTW Undercover is now $7.97 at amazon!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)