ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Was Hot video Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2006 04:01 PM
speedfreakjive just watched this from More Hot Rocks DVD kindly sent by MRD8.

absolutely hilarious video!!
Keith does some miming to Mick's words, and lies on a bed in front of this hot chick, so funny!!
then Ronnie with his floppy neck inflatable guitar!!!
Charlie's face is priceless!!

Has anyone seen it too?

When is the introduction bit by Bill, and so far as I've watched, Jagger from, its hilarious too
23rd February 2006 04:06 PM
Break The Spell The woman in the video was about the same age they were (early 40's) when that video was made. Its interesting they did that, many bands would have women half their age in their vids. Of course in the late 90's they would have Ms. Jolie in their Anybody Seen My Baby vid.
23rd February 2006 04:38 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Has anyone seen it too?

sigh...I remember when it debuted on 'Friday Night Videos' and MTV

son

23rd February 2006 04:57 PM
Phog Hell yeah, Friday Night Videos. I didn't have MTV when those videos came out, so I was stuck in front of the tube every Friday night praying that NBC would give us some Stones. They did.
23rd February 2006 05:08 PM
Nellcote The best part is at the end.
With the sleazy mustached Charlie
answering the ringing phones to "Off The Hook"
This should get more play than it does...
23rd February 2006 05:13 PM
White House Lawn Sadly, I believe that actress (Anita Morris?) died from Cancer. Great video!

I also love the UNDERCOVER album, IMHO, very underrated.
23rd February 2006 05:25 PM
glencar WOW! They did a video for She Was Hot & I never knew about it? Tickle me Elmo!
23rd February 2006 05:28 PM
Nellcote GC;

Somewhere, I have a nine min version of SWH, which debuted on a NY radio station, was it WNEW? Anyway, it was defintely an outtake, I still to this day find it a howl to hear the dj talk about it. The song just keeps playin. I'll get it off to you when I can find it. And, there's a pc & r version of the video, where the chick is samokin~!
23rd February 2006 05:31 PM
glencar Nellcote, I'd appreciate that extendo play. I was being facetious about not knowing about the SWH video. I love when newbies come along & are startled at what's been a virtual treasure trive. Normally I'm very civil to the newbies but this freaky one gets the back of my hand, so to speak.
23rd February 2006 05:31 PM
RollingstonesUSA Yes, very funny video!
23rd February 2006 05:33 PM
Nellcote GC: I must admit, I was awful bad, not to catch that.
23rd February 2006 05:34 PM
glencar I still love SOL. Am I the only one?
23rd February 2006 05:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
I still love SOL. Am I the only one?

NO!
23rd February 2006 05:35 PM
glencar Are you the one with the bar & the errant girlfriend?
23rd February 2006 05:37 PM
Nellcote I'm still in the mid seventies mindset that thought FTC
was the balls back in the day, when everyone else was slagging it.
People came around to it eventually.
I feel the same about SOL.
BTW, decent vid for it also.
But there's a birdman in the wings on it being bad, wonder how long it will take to hear about this...
23rd February 2006 05:42 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you the one with the bar & the errant girlfriend?

Yes....and yes,lol
23rd February 2006 05:42 PM
Saint Sway and the birdman sings...

the awful truth
is awful sad
I must admit
its awful bad

and I, I, I, I, I
I, I, I, I walk the streets of love

nice video though. SWH was a true classic. Undercover vids were fun. Too bad they all got banned.
23rd February 2006 05:43 PM
glencar Just trying to keep things right. I wouldn't want to confuse you with some of the idjits we've seen here lately.
23rd February 2006 05:44 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just trying to keep things right. I wouldn't want to confuse you with some of the idjits we've seen here lately.

lol, no prob!
23rd February 2006 06:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
Sadly, I believe that actress (Anita Morris?) died from Cancer. Great video!

she did indeed die of ovarian cancer in 1994, aged 50 (she'd actually been diagnosed 15 years earlier and had been told she had 5 years at the most).

She has another link to the Stones in that she played the part of Danny DeVito's girlfriend in "Ruthless People", just a couple of years after the "She Was Hot" video

Every one of the 3 videos the Stones made for Undercover got banned by one TV channel or another

They wouldnt show "Undercover of the night" in the UK because of the violence (most notably the bit where the guy gets a bag put over his head and then gets shot), "Too Much Blood" because of the gore and bad language and "She Was Hot" was banned from TV in the US - because of the bit where the TV executive's buttons on his fly explode when he sees the girl dancing and also because of product placement (theres a close up of a can of TAB in his hand!)
23rd February 2006 06:18 PM
glencar She was great in Ruthless People.
23rd February 2006 06:39 PM
Gazza loved that film..do you remember the scene where Sam (deVito) is turning on the crocodile tears for his 'murdered' wife when being questioned in his home by the police? And then the phone rings...

(picks up phone)

DeVito : "Hello? You want to speak To Elaine? I'm afraid she cant talk at the minute....why not? She cant talk because my dick is in her mouth! I'll tell her to call you back when she's done .." (click)

and then he turns to the dumbstruck cop beside him, smiles and says ;

"I LOVE wrong numbers...."

23rd February 2006 06:42 PM
Gimme Shelter Yeah, that video is great. I've got an old copy of Video Rewind on VHS and its on that. I wish they would put out a video collection the way Bowie did a couple of years ago.
23rd February 2006 07:35 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
loved that film..do you remember the scene where Sam (deVito) is turning on the crocodile tears for his 'murdered' wife when being questioned in his home by the police? And then the phone rings...

(picks up phone)

DeVito : "Hello? You want to speak To Elaine? I'm afraid she cant talk at the minute....why not? She cant talk because my dick is in her mouth! I'll tell her to call you back when she's done .." (click)

and then he turns to the dumbstruck cop beside him, smiles and says ;

"I LOVE wrong numbers...."

LOL Yes, I saw that one in the theater & it's one of the few comedies I actually like.
23rd February 2006 07:59 PM
Navin
That same More Hot Rocks DVD has a very good quality B-version of the Undercover title track (both versions were directed by Julian Temple) This version is more band-performance oriented...and for those obsessives keeping score, this version is missing one part which can be seen on some of the older versions of the clip - the part which goes "video nonstop" or something like that on the television screen (when the girl in the video tries to turn off or change channels)
23rd February 2006 08:00 PM
Paranoid_Android I forgot the name of the actress in the video...but she was the (no pun intended) HOTTEST thing on Broadway at the time...starring in Nine (9)...I havn't seen that video in years...but I recall the firey entrance she had!!!
23rd February 2006 08:01 PM
glencar Anita Morris. Search upthread for more of her work.
24th February 2006 05:47 AM
corgi37 Did she die 94 or 04? Or thought she only croaked it recently. What a fantastic set of norks she had.

Undercover is a great record. Not a ballad in sight.

Jools Holland did one of his docos with the band. He did one with U2 and Sting around same time. I love the story of Charlie belting Mick and Mickey flew across the table and neaerly into the river below. Though, that tale is sometimes mentioned as happening in the 70's.

I still have cassettes from the interview of that time. The Stones would grant 1 Aussie journo a interview. Jagger was honest enough to say they would not tour Oz. Keith was non committal and Ronnie (bless his heart) said "Just leave it to old Ronnie boy".

Yep, only took him 12 years to convince them to return.

Also, i read the story of the bendy guitar. Ronnie gave it to one of the Duran Duran guys. Evidently, he befriended a couple of them. I recall reading in Rolling Stone or something, in a Keith interview, that some of Duran Duran were with the Stones during recording of Undercover. They were stunned the Stones still recorded together. They thought they "telephoned" their parts in, as a major rumour going around said Bill would record his part, mail it in, Ronnie his and so forth, all from home studios or something i suppose.
24th February 2006 06:18 AM
egon speaking of...;

i have a radio recording of the song.
the lyrics are different and this version is
apparantly called "she was hotter"?

anyone know anything about that?
24th February 2006 06:46 AM
Break The Spell [quote]corgi37 wrote:
Did she die 94 or 04? Or thought she only croaked it

It was in 1994, though as far back as when the SWH video was shot she had already been diagnosed with cancer. Do a google search of Anita Morris, some nice photos.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)