ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: =====> México City preparty!! <===== Return to archive
16th February 2006 12:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The place is already reserved and the rent prepaid, courtesy of Rocks Off, but we need confirmation from those attending this preparty.

Advantages:

• The place is in front of Foro Sol (the venue for the Stones show) just crossing the street... Only 3 minutes walking from the party to the venue doors.
  • We will be able to see when the crappy opening act ends to start moving!
  • In addition to the saloon, we have a balcony in which we will be able to listen the soundcheck, and see the fans arriving to the venue while we are drinking and/or relaxing and/or warming up. The saloon and its balcony are in the fourth or fifth floor.
  • The same balcony will be the smoking section.
  • We will have music and videos as we wish.
  • Sodas, snacks, cookies, ice, coffee are free. No limit!
  • We will have waitresses serving everything we need
  • Some drinks will be free to those arriving early, then you will pay your own drinks at the regular price.
  • Exclusive to members of IORR, Shidoobeeland, Banquete de Pordioseros and Rocks Off.
  • Tables and chairs
  • From 16:00 to 21:00
  • Post party will be at the hotel bar in the first floor at no charge, but the drinks must be paid. All credit cards accepted.
  • A raffle of some stones stuff

Yes, just another drink and then the immediately in the venue!

Rocks Off is paying the place, but you need to pay a small amount $8.00 USD to enter amd this includes all of the above, being there you will pay your drinks but remember those arriving early will have some for free! With that fee you can stay there and eat and drink all only paying the alcohol

I am not going to make a list, if you want to attend please sign up here, ora t the other boards with this invitation

PLEASE CONFIRM HERE. I need to confirm or cancel no later than this Monday.

This glass is empty... oh so empty... so empty without booze
16th February 2006 12:45 AM
gorda
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The place is already reserved and the rent prepaid, courtesy of Rocks Off, but we need confirmation from those attending this preparty.

Advantages:

• The place is in front of Foro Sol (the venue for the Stones show) just crossing the street... Only 3 minutes walking from the party to the venue doors.
  • We will be able to see when the crappy opening act ends to start moving!
  • In addition to the saloon, we have a balcony in which we will be able to listen the soundcheck, and see the fans arriving to the venue while we are drinking and/or relaxing and/or warming up. The saloon and its balcony are in the fourth or fifth floor.
  • The same balcony will be the smoking section.
  • We will have music and videos as we wish.
  • Sodas, snacks, cookies, ice, coffee are free. No limit!
  • We will have waitresses serving everything we need
  • Some drinks will be free to those arriving early, then you will pay your own drinks at the regular price.
  • Exclusive to members of IORR, Shidoobeeland, Banquete de Pordioseros and Rocks Off.
  • Tables and chairs
  • From 16:00 to 21:00
  • Post party will be at the hotel bar in the first floor at no charge, but the drinks must be paid. All credit cards accepted.
  • A raffle of some stones stuff

Yes, just another drink and then the immediately in the venue!

Rocks Off is paying the place, but you need to pay a small amount $8.00 USD to enter amd this includes all of the above, being there you will pay your drinks but remember those arriving early will have some for free! With that fee you can stay there and eat and drink all only paying the alcohol

I am not going to make a list, if you want to attend please sign up here, ora t the other boards with this invitation

PLEASE CONFIRM HERE. I need to confirm or cancel no later than this Monday.

This glass is empty... oh so empty... so empty without booze

Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Sounds cool!

Sign me up!

Actually, I'm not sure, if I'm going to the Mexico show! I would love to go, but I'm afraid!

I have never been to Mexico City, the farthest south I have ever been is Guadalajara.

Chilangos have a different accent. I'm afraid that as soon as I open my mouth, people will know that I am not a local.
16th February 2006 12:48 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Dear Gorda, you will be more than welcome, and be sure I will be proud to be the best host for you

Love ya!!
16th February 2006 09:50 AM
Paranoid_Android It sounds like YOU WILL ALL BE GREETED!!!
16th February 2006 11:21 AM
glencar Mas cerveza por favor!
16th February 2006 11:36 AM
egon unfortunately easyjet.com has not commenced their service
to mexico yet.

16th February 2006 11:56 AM
jb My sources called me at Boca Community Hospital after Brooke was born, and informed me, that incredibly, the audience seemed bored and lackluster when the Stones came on, compared to the dancing in the ailes and great enthusiasm for the opening act-apparently a favorite in Puerto Rico. Can someone confirm or deny this as my source was there, and claimed it was very disappointing . Where we humiliated by the great Common Wealth of PR?

I hope Mexico is more Stones friendly.

16th February 2006 12:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
My sources called me at Boca Community Hospital after Brooke was born, and informed me, that incredibly, the audience seemed bored and lackluster when the Stones came on, compared to the dancing in the ailes and great enthusiasm for the opening act-apparently a favorite in Puerto Rico. Can someone confirm or deny this as my source was there, and claimed it was very disappointing . Where we humiliated by the great Common Wealth of PR?

I hope Mexico is more Stones friendly.

have seen that traditionally when the stones play a market that they rarely visit, war horses is what you get. Chuck made mention of this with regards to the Calgary show earlier this year in his diary. Boston, NYC, Chicago, and LA generally get a lot more variety as they have played these cities far more than most others in the last twenty years (Philly may be up there too, but not as much as the big four stones towns as judged by amount of shows).

I also received late word that the P.R. crowd was much more impressed with the opening act than the stones themselves. Sadly, this may mark the last time the band ever performs there as they surely do not like to be upstaged (see Jake Cohl and his fantastic Virtual Ticket, which shall not be upstaged. Mick sees this, and I am told he sees Jake as almost like another son!)

I hope for the sake of my dear Friend Voodoo and others that Mexico gets a great show...I suspect the Mexico City show will be better than the MOnterry show. I also sense that LARS may return to the setlist for the Latin AMerican leg of the tour as it seems to be a crowd favorite. (on that note, Out of Control seemed to be quite a crowd pleaser/teaser when it was last played in Latin AMerica)
16th February 2006 02:19 PM
jb Will the mix be better for the Mexico shows? I hope Juan ? is not the invited guest!!!!
16th February 2006 10:38 PM
corgi37 man, sounds like a sweet night out, Voodoo.
17th February 2006 03:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It will Corgi, you must be here rocking com from down under to up over
18th February 2006 07:42 PM
Sharp_E This preparty sounds like it is going to be an event to remember.
See you all there!
20th February 2006 01:31 AM
TomL See you there E.
20th February 2006 11:33 AM
jb Has Mexico yet to "officially" sell out like they did for U2 at over 300k tickets....I know for Stones only 2 venues with about 90K..has it sold any better?
20th February 2006 04:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mexico City sold out before the public sale (we had two presales, one from the rs.com platinum members and the other for Banamex cardholders)
20th February 2006 07:33 PM
Sharp_E See you there Tom, It will be good to see you again.
20th February 2006 07:37 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Mexico City sold out before the public sale (we had two presales, one from the rs.com platinum members and the other for Banamex cardholders)

Thanks Voodoo..........kick ass for us!!!!!!! Show 'em what true fans do at a Stones concert!!!! (use protection!!!)
20th February 2006 10:06 PM
TomL Yes it will Ed. Looking forward to it.
23rd February 2006 02:06 AM
CleiK We´ll see you the next sunday
ready to know me???????

I´m ver excited LOL

READYYY???????????????
24th February 2006 11:24 AM
stonezone9 Enjoy the show! I wish I was there with you all. Perhaps the next tour?
Post pics please
xoxoxox
Michaelene
25th February 2006 07:33 AM
charlotte Pope Voodoo I, do you have any idea where one could order these shirts?

25th February 2006 02:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl With Sergi Simbrera, he posts at our message board in Spanish But I'll let him know you want them
25th February 2006 03:02 PM
charlotte ¡Gracias tanto!
26th February 2006 07:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl OK... everybody seems to be ready... see you tomorroe

The pre-party is already sold-out
26th February 2006 04:36 PM
TomL Do I have a headache today, just rose from the dead. We went to this blues club last night got the band to start playing sone stones and the fucking place went nuts. We said we would make it an early night, yea right 6 AM again. I guess thats early. We are getting ready to head to the pre-party soon. Hope I make it to the airport by 8. Just better stay up all night to be sure. Nanky you would love the DF. Voodoo tried to get me to eat some goat soup yesterday, no fucking way. I gotta say all kidding aside he has been a wonderful host and has a beautiful family, although I think he,s pushing his wife to the limit. Sound familiar Terri???????? Gonna be a blast tonight. Off to the Grand Prix.
26th February 2006 07:29 PM
Paranoid_Android Any pix from the party?!? I want to see them as the party goes on!!!
28th February 2006 12:43 AM
gorda [quote]TomL wrote:
. . . Voodoo tried to get me to eat some goat soup yesterday, no fucking way. . . .

Goat soup? Was it "birria de chivo"?

That is delicious! And, usually only reserved for very special occasions, like weddings!

You should have tried it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)