ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eulogies for Coretta Scott King turn heat on Bush (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14th February 2006 03:06 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I'm sorry - who's wishing him death?

On a lighter note,

Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses

10. "Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm"

9. "Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page"

8. "Not enough Jim Beam"

7. "Trying to stop the spread of bird flu"

6. "I love to shoot people"

5. "Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter"

4. "I thought he was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"

3. "Excuse? I hit him, didn't I?"

2. "Until Democrats approve medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly"

1. "Made a bet with Gretzky's wife"

Funny !!!!!!!

14th February 2006 03:18 PM
sirmoonie Yeah well, while the rest of you play partisan politics, so far in this thread, I'm the only one to denounce Osama Bin Laden.
14th February 2006 03:20 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Wimp. That ain't how to hunt....well how to hunt for wimps I guess. I mean the guy is from Wyoming...he must know how to hunt.

The guy has had like 27 heart attacks! He has to be driven to his car!

14th February 2006 03:32 PM
nanatod As I stated in a previous post, we could have had John Danforth as our Vice President:

John Danforth
John Claggett Danforth (born September 5, 1936), also referred to as Jack Danforth, is a former United States Ambassador to the United Nations and former Republican United States Senator from Missouri. He is an ordained Episcopal priest.

Danforth is married with five adult children.

Education and Early Career
An heir to the Ralston Purina fortune, Danforth was born in 1936 in Saint Louis, Missouri. He recieved his bachelor's degree from Princeton University in 1958, and attended both law and divinity graduate schools at Yale University. He served as Missouri's Attorney General from 1969 to December, 1976, when he succeeded retiring Senator Stuart Symington in the U.S. Senate. Danforth's original Democratic opponent, Congressman Jerry Litton, died in an airplane crash the night he won the Democratic primary. Former Governor Warren Hearnes was chosen as the nominee after Litton's death, but lost the general election to Danforth. Danforth was re-elected in 1982 (defeating Democrat Harriett Woods)and 1988 (defeating Democrat Jay Nixon). He retired from the Senate in 1995.

Senate Career
During the 1991 Senate hearings regarding U.S. Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas, Danforth used his considerable clout to aid the confirmation of Thomas, a former Danforth aide and protegé.

A political moderate who is respected by members of both parties, Danforth was once quoted as saying he joined the Republican Party for "the same reason you sometimes choose which movie to see — [it's] the one with the shortest line".

Post Senate Career
In 1999, Democratic U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno appointed Danforth to lead the investigation into the FBI's role in the Waco, Texas/Branch Davidian disaster of 1993.

In July 2000, Danforth's name was leaked as being on the short list of potential vice presidential nominees for Republican candidate George W. Bush, along with Michigan Governor John Engler, New York Governor George Pataki, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, and former American Red Cross President Elizabeth Dole. Just one week before the Republican nominating convention was to be held in Philadelphia, campaign sources said that Dick Cheney, the man charged with leading the selection process for the nominee, had recommended Danforth to Bush for the position [1]. Bush secretly met with Danforth at a hotel in Chicago, and three days later Danforth held a press conference stating he would be stepping-down from his appointed role in the Waco investigations because an unforeseen political opportunity had suddenly come-up. However, despite growing speculation that Danforth was Bush's final pick, Bush selected Cheney himself for the position.

In September 2001, President Bush appointed Danforth a special envoy to Sudan.

On July 1, 2004, Danforth was sworn in as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, succeeding John Negroponte, who had left his post after becoming the U.S. Ambassador to Iraq on June 23, 2004. Danforth submitted his resignation on November 22, 2004, effective January 20, 2005.

Religion
As an ordained Episcopal priest, Danforth officiated the funeral services of former president Ronald Reagan on June 11, 2004 at the Washington National Cathedral. He did the same for Washington Post executive Katharine Graham in 2001, also at the National Cathedral.

In 2005, Danforth wrote two separate op-ed pieces in The New York Times criticizing the increasingly blurry line between church and state brought about by some Christian conservatives in the Republican Party. [2] Danforth regards himself as a moderate Christian, and does not believe conservative fundamentalists such as Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, or James Dobson accurately reflect the Christian faith. He believes such right-wing preachers have "hijacked" the Republican Party. Where once the party focused on cutting taxes and regulations, says Danforth, it is now the party of the pro-life, anti-gay, and anti-stem cell research movements.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Danforth"

14th February 2006 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yeah well, while the rest of you play partisan politics, so far in this thread, I'm the only one to denounce Osama Bin Laden.

Moonie .............

Israel recently picked up two German Diesel submarines .... these can be used to retrieve Jet Fighter pilots who had to jettison from their planes and ditch them in the water after running out of fuel during a bombing run .

Developing .......................

Tehran Joey !
14th February 2006 03:37 PM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]monkey_man wrote:
Ya'll have to admit that having a hunting accident at a prefabricated, disneyland, golf club type of place is fucking hilarious!

Why is it I see this statement all over the Global Inter-Thingy this morning? Did the Daily Kos have an expose this morning? All we've been told so far is that Armstrong Ranch is a a hunting ranch. What you are describing is a "Game Preserve" and yes it is a pretty twisted way of hunting. The birds are captive bred and have very little street smarts. I've been trying to find info on Armstrong Ranch and can't find anything as to what kind of hunting is done there. I do know Texas is loaded with private ranches that the rich use for hunting as there isn't much public hunting land. This does not mean the land is not wild hunting land. It just means it's private. But like I said, I can't find any info on it so if anyone can show me it operated as a game preserve, I'll eat my words.

Apparently **ALL** of Kenedy County is a game sanctuary(preserve)

By Rangel H.B. No. 1927
74R653 PAM-D
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
1-1 AN ACT
1-2 relating to creating the Kenedy County Public Lands and Water
1-3 Sanctuary; providing a penalty.
1-4 BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
1-5 SECTION 1. Chapter 82, Parks and Wildlife Code, is amended
1-6 by adding Subchapter M to read as follows:
1-7 SUBCHAPTER M. KENEDY COUNTY PUBLIC LANDS AND WATER SANCTUARY
1-8 Sec. 82.741. CREATION. All of the state-owned land and
1-9 public water in Kenedy County, including the water, creekbed, and
1-10 banks of Los Olmos Creek, is a game sanctuary.
1-11 Sec. 82.742. PROHIBITED ACTS. (a) Except as permitted
1-12 under Subsection (b) or (c), no person may possess, hunt, or kill
1-13 an animal or bird in the game sanctuary created by Section 82.741.
1-14 (b) Subsection (a) does not apply:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/74R/billtext/HB01927H.HTM
14th February 2006 03:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Reginald Denny wrote:
Have any of you ever been bird hunting? Shooting out of a car is not at all unusual. It's done all the time.

How sporting of you!
14th February 2006 03:52 PM
Maxlugar [quote]CHIEFMOON wrote:

By Rangel H.B. No. 1927
74R653 PAM-D
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
1-1 AN ACT
1-2 relating to creating the Kenedy County Public Lands and Water
1-3 Sanctuary; providing a penalty.
1-4 BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
1-5 SECTION 1. Chapter 82, Parks and Wildlife Code, is amended
1-6 by adding Subchapter M to read as follows:
1-7 SUBCHAPTER M. KENEDY COUNTY PUBLIC LANDS AND WATER SANCTUARY
1-8 Sec. 82.741. CREATION. All of the state-owned land and
1-9 public water in Kenedy County, including the water, creekbed, and
1-10 banks of Los Olmos Creek, is a game sanctuary.
1-11 Sec. 82.742. PROHIBITED ACTS. (a) Except as permitted
1-12 under Subsection (b) or (c), no person may possess, hunt, or kill
1-13 an animal or bird in the game sanctuary created by Section 82.741.
1-14 (b) Subsection (a) does not apply:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/74R/billtext/HB01927H.HT

Yes but Armstrong Ranch is a private property. This pertains to public, no?

14th February 2006 04:02 PM
gimmekeef Like the poor woman who is at the top of this thread.Can we bury it?
14th February 2006 04:07 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Like the poor woman who is at the top of this thread.Can we bury it?

Until she complains I say we keep going ......

I also say , " Sell Corn " .

" NBC REPORTER TO WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN: 'DON'T BE A JERK'
Tue Feb 14 2006 08:54:18 ET "

" NBCNEWS chief White House correspondent David Gregory warned President Bush's spokesman on Monday not to be a "jerk!"

The heated exchange came during a press gathering at the White House.

Gregory asked White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan about the Cheney hunting accident.

'David, hold on, the cameras aren't on right now,' McClellan replied. 'You can do this later.'

'Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras,' Gregory said, voice rising. 'Don't be a jerk to me personally when I'm asking you a serious question.'

'You don't have to yell,' McClellan said.

'I will yell,'' said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. 'If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don't appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that's wrong.'

'Calm down, Dave, calm down,' said McClellan.

'I'll calm down when I feel like calming down,' Gregory said. 'You answer the question.'

'I have answered the question,' said McClellan, who had maintained that the vice president's office was in charge of getting the information out and worked with the ranch owner to do that. 'I'm sorry you're getting all riled up about.'

'I am riled up,' Gregory said, 'because you're not answering the question.'"

END

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2dg.htm

[Edited by Joey]
14th February 2006 04:11 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Like the poor woman who is at the top of this thread.Can we bury it?

You're right. Cheney deserves his own thread.

14th February 2006 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

You're right. Cheney deserves his own thread.

You make Joey smile
14th February 2006 04:23 PM
Joey " The guy has had like 27 heart attacks! He has to be driven to his car!"

14th February 2006 10:20 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:

LOL

No such thing as a county-wide, game sanctuary in Texas

Key word is "public lands" i.e. basically it's illegal to hunt from the highway or county roads, and no fishin in rivers or creeks that aren't on private property

re-read your link

BTW

There's nothing "prefabricated, disneyland, golf club" about the Armstrong Ranch, it's one of several huge, world reknown ranches that have been down there for almost 2 centuries, a major part of Texas history and folklore

over the years they've all imported exotics like rhinos, emus ect..for show, and also nilgai and axis deer for game hunting

and quail harvesting is normal, when people pay upwards of a 1,000 bucks a day for a hunt on those ranches they wanna make sure there's plenty of game to be found and shot

I grew up 20 mins from where this happened, blasted the shit out of plenty of deer and furry little animals all over those ranches and from the sides of the road... Ha~

...as a fellow, lifelong hunter I think it's pretty shitty when an accident like this happens though

[Edited by Bloozehound]
15th February 2006 05:47 PM
sirmoonie Where did the Dick Cheney thread go?

Everybody except Telecaster was laughing about that one. All the late night TV guys, even WH Office punk Scott McLelland was making jokes about it.
15th February 2006 05:51 PM
Altamont
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Where did the Dick Cheney thread go?

It got shot down
15th February 2006 08:57 PM
lotsajizz I miss the Dick Cheney thread...I endeavor to inform my overseas friends this weekend that phalangists like Telecaster and Riffhard are NOT representative of real Americans but, rather, they are some sort of Islamic moles planted to make the rest of the nation look like jerks.

Wish me sucess......

15th February 2006 09:15 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I miss the Dick Cheney thread...I endeavor to inform my overseas friends this weekend that phalangists like Telecaster and Riffhard are NOT representative of real Americans but, rather, they are some sort of Islamic moles planted to make the rest of the nation look like jerks.

Wish me sucess......

Hey fucknut speak for your damned self! Tele and I speak for roughly 52% of the American population so that would make you in the minority. In fact if you were to exstrapolate out all the loses that the Dems have suffered in the governorship votes,city council votes,mayoral votes,state rep votes,....well then it's plain to see that as long as the once great Democrat Party continues to embrace limpwristed pillow biters like yourself they are over as a party of any relevance. Be happy Jizzy! I think I can safely speak for Tele when I say,we both are very happy!

Ok then...

Cafuckoff!

Riffy
15th February 2006 09:23 PM
glencar Classic! It's a shame that the Dems have grabbed onto this stupid shooting to jumpstart their electoral hopes for later this year. As if...
15th February 2006 09:35 PM
Starbuck hi!

i'm arriving late to this thread.

did i miss anything?

15th February 2006 09:38 PM
Riffhard Careful Blue. Jizzy might call you a phalangist! Shudder....

Riffy
15th February 2006 09:39 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
hi!

i'm arriving late to this thread.

did i miss anything?

Sup Bucky?! Digging your new tunes at The Couch!! Good stuff right there!

Riffy
15th February 2006 11:35 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sway wrote:
That GED is really coming in handy, huh?

Oh, is it time to compare degrees? Seems like bad taste to me, but if you insist, Sway, here goes:

Juris Doctorate, Harvard Law School, 1990
Bachelor of Arts (Linguistics/Political Science), University of Oregon (1987)

How about you, Sway?
15th February 2006 11:57 PM
telecaster
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I miss the Dick Cheney thread...I endeavor to inform my overseas friends this weekend that phalangists like Telecaster and Riffhard are NOT representative of real Americans but, rather, they are some sort of Islamic moles planted to make the rest of the nation look like jerks.

Wish me sucess......

Overseas friends?

Who?

You have none in the US

I assume Chavez and Hussein and Bin Laden are your close buddies

Jizzy.....

Your party controls ZERO... in this country

We in the US have flushed you and the your fellow travlers down like the turds you are

Election after election after election.....!!!!!

But posting on a Stones message board makes you think you are making progess

Keep posting here and make yourself feel better

Whine Whine Whine

You control nothing and won't for decades!

TELE!

What is it like to be a total ZERO????!!! Jizzy

Please advise

BTW tell the board what your party controls!

16th February 2006 12:09 AM
glencar I believe the dogcatcher of Babylon is an actual Dem although he never comes right out & says it.
16th February 2006 12:19 AM
Starbuck
quote:
tele talked the following smack:
"Your party controls ZERO... in this country

We in the US have flushed you and the your fellow travlers down like the turds you are

Election after election after election.....!!!!!"

tele! why must you make us so painfully aware of the truth! you make me weep like a baby whose mamma has just taken away the last of the bourbon!

its true...our party has no leadership...those that are in charge are almost "negative" leadership...they sap momentum away from the left and make the right look more palatable...and make the bad guys stronger! that is the only explanation why dubya was able to win the presidency (once)!

and hillary....if she runs it's all over!

i am throwing my support into the barak obama 2012 campaign. by then perhaps the american public will be more receptive to electing a black man with a funny name.

on the other hand, perhaps a mccain/powell victory in '08 would help bring both sides together. he is a fine american!

quote:
Riffy mentioned casually: "Sup Bucky?! Digging your new tunes at The Couch!! Good stuff right there!"

riffy! you make me blush!

(did you know feej and i are collaborating on an album? here's the cover:}

[Edited by Starbuck]
16th February 2006 12:34 AM
Riffhard Hey Bucky I hate to be the bearer of more bad news,but.....the next president is going to be George Allen (R-Va.). Remember,you heard it here first!

I should mention that I truly do want to see the Democrats get their act together. A one party country is good for nobody. Neither the country,the populace,or the controlling party. Absolute power leads to,....blah,blah,blah. It's true though. It's high time the Dems start dumping the likes of Soros,Moore,Sheehan,MoveOn.org....The present Dem party are too emboldened to the far left. Yet they never seem to understand why most normal Americans think they are nothing but angry,spoiled,whining punks. Well hell! Take a look at the names I have mentioned and try and imagine any of those kooks being happy about anything other than a Bush impeachment?!?! That's not gonna happen so move on(no pun intended),and take control of the party back from these freaks!!! They are killing the party! As I have stated before,slow suicide is is still suicide.

Hillary in '08? God I hope so!! Please nominate her!! I beg of the Dems!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
16th February 2006 12:43 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

riffy! you make me blush!

(did you know feej and i are collaborating on an album? here's the cover:}

[Edited by Starbuck]

Hey Bucky I'd be happy to lend a hand.....er....uhhhhh........ummmmm...my support in any way possible!

Riffy
16th February 2006 08:11 AM
Starbuck riffy, you're crazy! the nomination, and most likely the presidency, is mccain's or powell's for the taking in 08 if they want it. they would both be perfect for the job--sane minds after an insane past 8 years.

one other thing i don't understand: i agree with you partially about your assessment of the dem party. we lack leadership and some of the prominent dems are too michael moorish for their (and our) own good. but can't you see that the men who control your party right now are just the same kind of kooks, only in the other direction? bush, cheney, rummy, wolfie and the rest are just as far right as the names you mention are far left...its just that for some reason they were able to get themselves elected .... (once!)....

actually, the dearth of good leadership on both sides of the isle is sickening. we have had nary a good leader since, say, wellstone died......

[Edited by Starbuck]
16th February 2006 09:14 AM
Joey

********* SNIFF ****************

I's smells a " Spiro Agnew '73 " coming on .............

......... and you's ?!?!

********* SNIFF ****************

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)