ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eulogies for Coretta Scott King turn heat on Bush (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14th February 2006 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Who the fuck let Fiji back in here? I thought he was banned.

Once proud Fiji acts so humble
14th February 2006 12:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Thing is, they (the Democrats/liberals of 2006) don't even realize how disgusting they appear to millions of progressive-leaning voters - like you and me - that would generally be voting for them otherwise. They are actually empowering their opponents with their ridiculous, childish behavior. They're only hurting themselves.

SSssshhh...........

Victory

Smell it
14th February 2006 12:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Dems and Republicans, two sides of the same clipped coin. But the Dems do throw out a few extra sops.
14th February 2006 12:46 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Once proud Fiji acts so humble

"Fiji is liking fucking Superman."

-F*cking Andrew

Joey:

(whiff)

bullshit

smell it

14th February 2006 01:09 PM
monkey_man Ya'll have to admit that having a hunting accident at a prefabricated, disneyland, golf club type of place is fucking hilarious! You drive from spot to spot to pick off hand fed quail that are raised to not fear humans. . .it gives new meaning to the word "hunt." To shoot someone in the face at a place thats does everything for you but shoot the gun is pure comedy!

[Edited by monkey_man]
14th February 2006 01:17 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Sway wrote:
That GED is really coming in handy, huh?

Yes, we've noted your ability to type.....

quite respectable for your county

14th February 2006 01:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Ya'll have to admit that having a hunting accident at a prefabricated, disneyland, golf club type of place is fucking hilarious! ...pure comedy!

[Edited by Li'l Scotty McClellan]

another funny thing was the "liberal" press scrambling to make sure it didn't sound like the guy was hurt. "His condition has been described as 'better than good', and in fact the 78-year old said he wanted to THANK VP Cheney for shooting him in the face." It reminded me of the Python skit about Doug & Dinsdale Pirana. "Old Dinsy came 'round and nailed me 'ead to the floor...mind you, I had it coming!"

[Edited by FPM C10]
14th February 2006 01:56 PM
FPM C10
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Yes, we've noted your ability to type.....

quite respectable for your county

I'm confused...what country? Are you insulting "Sway", or joining him to gang up on Candace? And are personal insults the ONLY proper response to a political comment?
14th February 2006 01:57 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:
Ya'll have to admit that having a hunting accident at a prefabricated, disneyland, golf club type of place is fucking hilarious!

Why is it I see this statement all over the Global Inter-Thingy this morning? Did the Daily Kos have an expose this morning? All we've been told so far is that Armstrong Ranch is a a hunting ranch. What you are describing is a "Game Preserve" and yes it is a pretty twisted way of hunting. The birds are captive bred and have very little street smarts. I've been trying to find info on Armstrong Ranch and can't find anything as to what kind of hunting is done there. I do know Texas is loaded with private ranches that the rich use for hunting as there isn't much public hunting land. This does not mean the land is not wild hunting land. It just means it's private. But like I said, I can't find any info on it so if anyone can show me it operated as a game preserve, I'll eat my words.

14th February 2006 02:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Look. IMO. The bottom line is just that Cheney doesn't know how to handle a shotgun. My personal shotgun of choice is a 12 guage pump action sawed off. But I'd never lend mine to that guy....now.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th February 2006 02:05 PM
Joey " I've been trying to find info on Armstrong Ranch and can't find anything as to what kind of hunting is done there. I do know Texas is loaded with private ranches that the rich use for hunting as there isn't much public hunting land. This does not mean the land is not wild hunting land. It just means it's private. But like I said, I can't find any info on it so if anyone can show me it operated as a game preserve, I'll eat my words."

ss

[Edited by Joey]
14th February 2006 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

SSssshhh...........

Victory

Smell it

14th February 2006 02:10 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

All we've been told so far is that Armstrong Ranch is a a hunting ranch. What you are describing is a "Game Preserve" and yes it is a pretty twisted way of hunting. The birds are captive bred and have very little street smarts. I've been trying to find info on Armstrong Ranch and can't find anything as to what kind of hunting is done there. I do know Texas is loaded with private ranches that the rich use for hunting as there isn't much public hunting land. This does not mean the land is not wild hunting land. It just means it's private. But like I said, I can't find any info on it so if anyone can show me it operated as a game preserve, I'll eat my words.

Maxy best I can find on short notice (car hunting on a private ranch). . . BTW I love your new wallpaper on your message board!

"According to Armstrong's account, she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail. Whittington shot a bird and as he went to retrieve it, Cheney and the third hunter discovered a second covey."

taken from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/12/AR2006021200524.html
14th February 2006 02:11 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

I said I was looking for info on Armstrong Ranch.

Not Fey, Dateless, Hack-Posting, Invisible Keyboard Tickers Ranch.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
14th February 2006 02:13 PM
FPM C10 Young Joey, is it just me, or are you getting YOUNGER?

Life is agreeing with you, my friend!
14th February 2006 02:14 PM
Joey " Not Fey, Dateless, Hack-Posting, Invisible Keyboard Tickers Ranch."
*** { SIGH } ***

Sniggles !

14th February 2006 02:19 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Young Joey, is it just me, or are you getting YOUNGER?

Life is agreeing with you, my friend!

Bless You my C10 Brother .........

I am forty - two years old going on twenty - one .

Speaking of " Life is agreeing with you " :

I also noticed that you are looking better than ever these days ( In fact , you appear to be much HEALTHIER ) -- Me thinks our young girlfriends are keeping us young at heart .

Developing ........................

Joeykins
14th February 2006 02:24 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

I'm thinking if Dick Chenney is to go hunting at all, he will be driven around. He can do that on a private ranch.

Glad you like the new wall paper! Stop by more often.

It was a gift from Fiji, a great Amercian who put his life on the line for this country.

14th February 2006 02:27 PM
Joey " It was a gift from Fiji ... who put his life on the line for this country. "

I wrote on the walls

[ Edited by Fiji ]

[Edited by Joey]
14th February 2006 02:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
-- Me thinks our young girlfriends are keeping us young at heart .

Absolutely!

Unlike SOME people:

Hunter shot by Cheney has heart attack

LYNN BREZOSKY and NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot lodged in his heart and he had "a minor heart attack" Tuesday morning, hospital officials said.
The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.
Banko said there was an irregularity in the heartbeat caused by a pellet, and doctors performed a cardiac catheterization. Whittington expressed a desire to leave the hospital, but Banko said he would probably stay for another week to make sure more shot doesn't move to other organs or to other part of his body.
"Some of the birdshot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart in what we would say is a minor heart attack," Banko said in a news conference outside the hospital.
David Blanchard, chief of emergency care, called it "a silent heart attack, an asymptomatic heart attack. He's not had a heart attack in the traditional sense."
The doctors said Whittington did not experience symptoms of a heart attack or any other problems. They left the birdshot in place and said he could live a healthy life with it there.
White House physicians who attended to Whittington at the scene after Cheney accidentally shot him were involved in the treatment, the officials said.
Whittington had initially been placed in intensive care after the accident Saturday evening. He had been moved to a "step-down unit" Monday after doctors decided to leave several birdshot pellets lodged in his skin rather than try to remove them.
A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department report issued Monday said Whittington was retrieving a downed bird and stepped out of the hunting line he was sharing with Cheney. "Another covey was flushed and Cheney swung on a bird and fired, striking Whittington in the face, neck and chest at approximately 30 yards," the report said.
The department found the main factor contributing to the accident was a "hunter's judgment factor." No other secondary factors were found to have played a role.
The department gave Cheney and Whittington warning citations for breaking Texas hunting law by failing to buy a $7 stamp allowing them to shoot upland game birds. A department spokesman said warnings are being issued in most cases because the stamp requirement only went into effect five months ago and many hunters weren't aware of it.
Cheney's office said Monday night in a statement that Cheney had a $125 nonresident hunting license and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost of the stamp. "The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not informed of the $7 upland game bird stamp requirement," the statement said.
Cheney, an experienced hunter, has not said anything publicly about the accident. It was fodder for jokes on late night TV and early Tuesday at the White House, before news surfaced about problems with Whittington's heart.
Hospital officials said they notified the White House of the change in Whittington's condition late in the morning. The mood of press secretary Scott McClellan was much more serious in an afternoon press briefing shortly before the hospital publicly updated Whittington's condition.
Katharine Armstrong, owner of the ranch where the shooting occurred, said Whittington made a mistake by not announcing that he had walked up to rejoin the hunting line after going to retrieve his bird, and Cheney didn't see him as he tried to down a bird.
The accident raised questions about Cheney's adherence to hunting safety practices and the White House's failure to disclose the accident in a timely way.
Several hunting safety experts agreed in interviews that it would have been a good idea for Whittington to announce himself. But every expert stressed that the shooter is responsible for avoiding other people.
Bush was told about Cheney's involvement in the accident shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday - about an hour after it occurred - but the White House did not disclose the accident until Sunday afternoon, and then only in response to press questions.
14th February 2006 02:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]monkey_man wrote:

I'm thinking if Dick Chenney is to go hunting at all, he will be driven around.

Wimp. That ain't how to hunt....well how to hunt for wimps I guess. I mean the guy is from Wyoming...he must know how to hunt.
14th February 2006 02:38 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Absolutely!

Unlike SOME people:

Hunter shot by Cheney has heart attack

LYNN BREZOSKY and NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot lodged in his heart and he had "a minor heart attack" Tuesday morning, hospital officials said.
The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.
Banko said there was an irregularity in the heartbeat caused by a pellet, and doctors performed a cardiac catheterization. Whittington expressed a desire to leave the hospital, but Banko said he would probably stay for another week to make sure more shot doesn't move to other organs or to other part of his body.
"Some of the birdshot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart in what we would say is a minor heart attack," Banko said in a news conference outside the hospital.
David Blanchard, chief of emergency care, called it "a silent heart attack, an asymptomatic heart attack. He's not had a heart attack in the traditional sense."
The doctors said Whittington did not experience symptoms of a heart attack or any other problems. They left the birdshot in place and said he could live a healthy life with it there.
White House physicians who attended to Whittington at the scene after Cheney accidentally shot him were involved in the treatment, the officials said.
Whittington had initially been placed in intensive care after the accident Saturday evening. He had been moved to a "step-down unit" Monday after doctors decided to leave several birdshot pellets lodged in his skin rather than try to remove them.
A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department report issued Monday said Whittington was retrieving a downed bird and stepped out of the hunting line he was sharing with Cheney. "Another covey was flushed and Cheney swung on a bird and fired, striking Whittington in the face, neck and chest at approximately 30 yards," the report said.
The department found the main factor contributing to the accident was a "hunter's judgment factor." No other secondary factors were found to have played a role.
The department gave Cheney and Whittington warning citations for breaking Texas hunting law by failing to buy a $7 stamp allowing them to shoot upland game birds. A department spokesman said warnings are being issued in most cases because the stamp requirement only went into effect five months ago and many hunters weren't aware of it.
Cheney's office said Monday night in a statement that Cheney had a $125 nonresident hunting license and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost of the stamp. "The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not informed of the $7 upland game bird stamp requirement," the statement said.
Cheney, an experienced hunter, has not said anything publicly about the accident. It was fodder for jokes on late night TV and early Tuesday at the White House, before news surfaced about problems with Whittington's heart.
Hospital officials said they notified the White House of the change in Whittington's condition late in the morning. The mood of press secretary Scott McClellan was much more serious in an afternoon press briefing shortly before the hospital publicly updated Whittington's condition.
Katharine Armstrong, owner of the ranch where the shooting occurred, said Whittington made a mistake by not announcing that he had walked up to rejoin the hunting line after going to retrieve his bird, and Cheney didn't see him as he tried to down a bird.
The accident raised questions about Cheney's adherence to hunting safety practices and the White House's failure to disclose the accident in a timely way.
Several hunting safety experts agreed in interviews that it would have been a good idea for Whittington to announce himself. But every expert stressed that the shooter is responsible for avoiding other people.
Bush was told about Cheney's involvement in the accident shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday - about an hour after it occurred - but the White House did not disclose the accident until Sunday afternoon, and then only in response to press questions.

Ooooooooo ! This just keeps getting better and better ( not for the poor bastard who got shot though ... )

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184846,00.html

J. " Spiro " Agnew !
14th February 2006 02:45 PM
lotsajizz can manslaughter charges be far behind? sirmoonie is right btw, Cheney was loaded to the gills

14th February 2006 02:50 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I'm confused...what country? Are you insulting "Sway", or joining him to gang up on Candace? And are personal insults the ONLY proper response to a political comment?

county...as Sway boasted HIS would not vote....as for the tone of my response to to insulting Sway who compared another regular around here to a McDonald's worker, those who start shit, get shit

those who don't, don't

ON now

Cazart!!!

14th February 2006 02:52 PM
Reginald Denny Have any of you ever been bird hunting? Shooting out of a car is not at all unusual. It's done all the time. That's because the birds are often in culverts along the side of the road.

And by the way, I find the fact that you guys are sitting around wishing this man death so you can take some sort of advantage in your political discussion bizarre.
14th February 2006 02:56 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

county...as Sway boasted HIS would not vote....as for the tone of my response to to insulting Sway who compared another regular around here to a McDonald's worker, those who start shit, get shit

those who don't, don't

ON now

Cazart!!!

Wow, I am considered a regular now? I feel honored!

He's only insulting me because I am FPM's girlfriend. Guilty by association I suppose!

14th February 2006 02:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

Wow, I am considered a regular now? I feel honored!

He's only insulting me because I am FPM's girlfriend. Guilty by association I suppose!

I CONTINUE to be haunted by Phyllis Diller

|
|
|
V

14th February 2006 03:02 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sway wrote:
[quote]Candace Youngblood wrote:

I'm pointing out that the liberals take every inappropriate opportunity to score political points (funerals, awards shows, hunting accidents) and by

Biff, for funerals, I agree. But hunting accidents, ALL of which are caused by booze and/or stupidity, are the perfect time for innappropriate, callous, and downright spiteful comments and humor. Do you really believe Cheney was sober? He plugged that geezer right in the face at 30 yards. Howe old are you?
14th February 2006 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
can manslaughter charges be far behind? sirmoonie is right btw, Cheney was loaded to the gills

Frig Yeah he was loaded ( Letterman was all over that fact last night )

If there ARE manslaughter charges this whole episode could lead to Cheney getting " Spiro Agnewed '73 " .......

Developing ................

Shiver ......................

Joey Ford ! ®
14th February 2006 03:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Reginald Denny wrote:

And by the way, I find the fact that you guys are sitting around wishing this man death so you can take some sort of advantage in your political discussion bizarre.

I'm sorry - who's wishing him death?

On a lighter note,

Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses

10. "Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm"

9. "Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page"

8. "Not enough Jim Beam"

7. "Trying to stop the spread of bird flu"

6. "I love to shoot people"

5. "Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter"

4. "I thought he was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"

3. "Excuse? I hit him, didn't I?"

2. "Until Democrats approve medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly"

1. "Made a bet with Gretzky's wife"

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)