ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eulogies for Coretta Scott King turn heat on Bush (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
8th February 2006 12:42 PM
Candace Youngblood Long Live Carter!!

8th February 2006 12:43 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Yeah you're right Carter didn't have any accomplishments during his presidency!

What did that really accomplish? Israel gave up land, and Egypt still has one of the most anti-semetic populations in the Muslim/Arab world. We continue to give up land, and the arab/muslim world denies the holocaust and Iran runs a contest for Holocaust cartoons...Yet, unlike the s0-called arab rage, we sit back and take it as they get closer and closer toa nuclear capability. Carter made Israel concede land, and to date, we have not seen any capital gained from it..just suicide bombers and anti-semtism at an all time ...
8th February 2006 12:43 PM
Nellcote JB wrote:

Nellcote wrote:
Could've been Marv!

Yeah, and it could have been the bondage challenged broadcaster. Doesn't he have a son named Steve, works for ESPN?

We need to find Brady a new squeeze, as he's dumped Bridget Moinahan...
8th February 2006 01:07 PM
glencar Great thread? You want a great thread? well, here...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x351953
8th February 2006 01:12 PM
jb This is the problem for us dems:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/politics/08dems.html?ei=5065&en=6b9a89872a07ead8&ex=1139979600&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print
8th February 2006 01:13 PM
nankerphelge That is the best you can come up with for Carter's foreign policy, monkeyman?

See that's part of the probloem too -- you guys don't know when to give up a really REALLY weak argument.

8th February 2006 01:16 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:

What did that really accomplish? Israel gave up land, and Egypt still has one of the most anti-semetic populations in the Muslim/Arab world. We continue to give up land, and the arab/muslim world denies the holocaust and Iran runs a contest for Holocaust cartoons...Yet, unlike the s0-called arab rage, we sit back and take it as they get closer and closer toa nuclear capability. Carter made Israel concede land, and to date, we have not seen any capital gained from it..just suicide bombers and anti-semtism at an all time ...

The Camp David Accords were epic in that the deal gave Israel peace with one of the strongest militaries of the Arab nations; it divided the united front of Arab nations against Israel and it enabled Israel to focus its' military on the Northern and Eastern borders. Holding Carter responsible for the current climate of anti-semitism seems far fetched. The western world will not stand for Mullahs with nuclear capability. Iran's date with destiny is coming!
8th February 2006 01:18 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

The Camp David Accords were epic in that the deal gave Israel peace with one of the strongest militaries of the Arab nations; it divided the united front of Arab nations against Israel and it enabled Israel to focus its' military on the Northern and Eastern borders. Holding Carter responsible for the current climate of anti-semitism seems far fetched. The western world will not stand for Mullahs with nuclear capability. Iran's date with destiny is coming!

You make some good points....I just don't beleive former Presidents, be they dems or republicans, should be talking policy at a funeral honoring one of the most courageos woman of out time. RIP Mrs. King.
8th February 2006 01:25 PM
monkey_man
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That is the best you can come up with for Carter's foreign policy, monkeyman?

See that's part of the probloem too -- you guys don't know when to give up a really REALLY weak argument.

I was naming an accomplishment in the face of people on this board denouncing his entire presidency. I am not defending his presidency I am defending a substantial accomplishment.
8th February 2006 01:34 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You make some good points....I just don't beleive former Presidents, be they dems or republicans, should be talking policy at a funeral honoring one of the most courageos woman of out time. RIP Mrs. King.

You're spot on, Joshy. BTW I will see you at RCMH, right?
8th February 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

You're spot on, Joshy. BTW I will see you at RCMH, right?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th February 2006 01:43 PM
glencar Orchestra, no less...
8th February 2006 01:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Look, as a dem, I agree with what some of them had to say. But we just like the Wellstone memorial, this was not the proper time or place. Bush paid his respects by showing up, and while I certainly I'm no fan, this was not the time and place. If we dems want to regain the Congress/Whitehouse, a more moderate stance, at least piblicly is required.

I adore Paris Hilton .

She is an " All - American " Girl ....... really , the history of this great country ......with all of its turmoil , bombast , passion and emotions ....................and if you like sex ........... it is like being at the feet of a Giant !

Cha CHE !!!!! :

8th February 2006 02:04 PM
Taptrick Carter ? ? ? Devoted life to social change? Double digit inflation rates approaching 20% while the North Koreans were literally digging tunnels into South Korea as preparartions. Thank god those social changes were stopped.
8th February 2006 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I was naming an accomplishment in the face of people on this board denouncing his entire presidency. I am not defending his presidency I am defending a substantial accomplishment.

Nice Kitty monkey_man ( Rocks Off Member )
8th February 2006 02:57 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Carter ? ? ? Devoted life to social change? Double digit inflation rates approaching 20% while the North Koreans were literally digging tunnels into South Korea as preparartions. Thank god those social changes were stopped.

I was talking about Coretta Scott King. Context clues, fucktard.
8th February 2006 02:58 PM
Joey " I was talking about Coretta Scott King. "

R.I.P. Coretta
8th February 2006 03:11 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I adore Paris Hilton .

She is an " All - American " Girl ....... really , the history of this great country ......with all of its turmoil , bombast , passion and emotions ....................and if you like sex ........... it is like being at the feet of a Giant !

Cha CHE !!!!! :

Rik Solomon had a doggie bag!!!
8th February 2006 03:14 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Rik Solomon had a doggie bag!!!

FUNNY !!!!

Actually , Tommy Lee has got nothing on that guy

" Solomon is Jewish Ronnie ! "

Jerscee Joe Kins !

8th February 2006 03:25 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nice Kitty monkey_man ( Rocks Off Member )

You can admire the kitty any time. . .
8th February 2006 03:45 PM
lotsajizz shrub had no business being there...his very presence was an insult...he's lucky he got off as easy as he did...no fascisti swine belong at the funeral of the honorable

8th February 2006 03:49 PM
monkey_man
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
shrub had no business being there...his very presence was an insult...he's lucky he got off as easy as he did...no fascisti swine belong at the funeral of the honorable

That's what happens when you let Dubya go to an event that doesn't have a prescreened audience and hasn't signed a loyalty oath!

BTW Dubya and his Dad were invited to the funeral by the King children.
8th February 2006 03:53 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

You can admire the kitty any time. . .

You make Joey giddy !!!!!
8th February 2006 03:54 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

8th February 2006 04:01 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
8th February 2006 04:03 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
shrub had no business being there...his very presence was an insult...he's lucky he got off as easy as he did...no fascisti swine belong at the funeral of the honorable

I would like to nuzzle you
8th February 2006 04:19 PM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
jb wrote:
I have to be honest..I am a liberal democrat, and was ashamed at the behavior of Carter and Lowery. When are we Dems going to learn that the public does not go for that!!! it cost Mondale the election in Minn as they did the same thing at Wellstones funeral. A memorial place is no place for politics Ronnie!!!!(P.S.-Carter hates Israel).

I thought their speeches were excellent and right on the money.

What would have really made it, I mean made it ALL THE WAY, would have been for each and every person there to speak their mind about *.

And a damn good encore would have been to cuff * and 41 and hauled 'em off to the Hague.
[Edited by CHIEFMOON]
[Edited by CHIEFMOON]
8th February 2006 04:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

He was in a no-win situation. He HAD to go, but was bound to get beat up once he got there. Good for him, sez me, to the surprise of no one. It may have been improper to bash him at a funeral - although Coretta probably didn't want her life's work to be put on hold for her funeral, so maybe not - but it is the ONLY opportunity for anyone to tell that insulated inbred hack what people think of him when he's not hiding in the center of a phalanx of his Praetorian Guard.

His old man, who claimed that Civil Rights Act was unconstitutional in 1964, could've maybe claimed old age and skipped out on it. At least he left his senile racist wife at home. I'm sure she would've come up with some improper comments for the occasion.
8th February 2006 04:22 PM
jb Wow!!!!
8th February 2006 04:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:

I thought their speeches were excellent and right on the money.

What would have really made, I mean made ALL THE WAY, would if each and every person there spoke their mind about *.

And a damn good encore would have been to cuff * and 41 and hauled 'em off to the Hague.

I would like to nuzzle you!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)