ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eulogies for Coretta Scott King turn heat on Bush (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
22nd February 2006 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good God!

http://movies.aol.com/showtimes/closesttheaters.adp?setGeodata=412586+%2d959375+CITY+%7b%7d+Omaha+NE+%7b%7d+Douglas+USA

http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?ID=22887

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/movie.php/11320
22nd February 2006 04:49 PM
glencar NASCAR 3D is on my Netflix!
22nd February 2006 08:27 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
NASCAR 3D is on my Netflix!

" I believe we made two mistakes in Judgment about the War : 1. ) We underestimated the tenacity of the Insurgency and 2. ) We overestimated the patience of the American People . " ( Dean Rusk , former Secretary of State , 1961 - 1969 )

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

[ Edited by Phil Lynott ]
[Edited by Joey]
22nd February 2006 08:43 PM
Riffhard Guys I think it's important to remember that we are talking about a "religion of peace" here. You know these peaceful fucks that killed Theo Van Gogh,bombed trains in Spain,blew up buses and tube stations in London,rioted in France,leveled the worst terrorists attack in history here in the USA,and recently rioted,burned pillaged,raped,and murdered because some Danish cartoonists had the audacity to imply that they,and their religion of peace, might,in fact,be violent.

I say this because there is not one democrat that I would trust with national security with the possible exception of Joe Leiberman. However,as the kook fringe left has made damned sure that the dems throw him overboard I will continue to proudly vote Republican. Islam is a fucking cancer,and that some here don't see the that is pretty damned scary to me.

Bush has made a serious blunder with this port deal IMO. However,that does not mean that the party that has done everything possible to scuttle the Patriot Act,grant terrorists Constitutional rights,and bitch about the interception of calls going into Afganistan and Iraq from possible US terror ties,is going to all of the sudden start giving a shit about national security. The Dems are weak on defense,and they have been ever since a bullet to the head of JFK back in November of 1963. It's history folks. Read it! Learn it! Deal with it!

Riffy
22nd February 2006 08:56 PM
Riffhard Oh,and while I'm on this topic....Let's remember that these radical fucks have killed many people because of some fucking cartoons that they claim distorts their religion,as barbaric. Yet these same assholes today blew up a 1,100 year old mosque in Iraq,and see no problem with it! LOL!

It's time we all get on the same page here. Because you can damned sure bet that the "Arab Street" is on the same page. Time to lay the smack down on the whole radical lot of 'em!

Riffy
22nd February 2006 11:20 PM
Starbuck feej?

FEEJ?

is it really you?!?!

22nd February 2006 11:23 PM
Starbuck oh yes...and i forgot to add....

22nd February 2006 11:27 PM
sirmoonie Wasn't there a president that called Islam "a religion of peace"? Like a really stupid president. I seem to remember that.
22nd February 2006 11:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Wasn't there a president that called Islam "a religion of peace"? Like a really stupid president. I seem to remember that.

Indeed Moonie it was! That is my point. We have been bending over backwards to be PC to a bunch of radical fucks that want us all dead!

All politicians,Repub and Dem, are trying to pull this "religion of peace" bullshit. Well I'm sorry,but until I see a Muslim nation line up a strong military force to eradicate this cancerous Islamofascist element of Islam I won't be buying that tired assed argument.

"...he (Muhammed) declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind... The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Muhammed is the prophet of God."-John Quincy Adams

'Ol JQ Adams knew this shit over 150 years ago! It's about damned time we start remembering history here. I mean that quote could have come straight from the mouth of the current Iranian president!

Riffy

22nd February 2006 11:47 PM
sirmoonie Its really hard to understand just how fucked up this administration is. Check out the Hobson's choice they presented themselves: either admit George Walker Bush III is so fucking stupid that he hired the United Arab Emirates to operate vital U.S. interests, or admit that he's absolutely ignorant regarding critical issues and decisions regarding national security until after they've been made.

So how do they handle it? BOTH! They admit he's fucking ignorant of the decision AND he thinks the dumb ass decision he had nothing to do with is a good one. You can't get more fucked up than that. Not even on ludes and acid.
23rd February 2006 07:21 AM
Maxlugar I pray Karl Rove is down in his evil lab with his test tubes, beakers and electric lightning bolt thingy's cooking up a way out this mess.

Stategeryizing....
23rd February 2006 08:58 AM
rasputin56 Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

And for Max:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvPaCJ98CU
[Edited by rasputin56]
23rd February 2006 09:40 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Indeed Moonie it was! That is my point. We have been bending over backwards to be PC to a bunch of radical fucks that want us all dead!

All politicians,Repub and Dem, are trying to pull this "religion of peace" bullshit. Well I'm sorry,but until I see a Muslim nation line up a strong military force to eradicate this cancerous Islamofascist element of Islam I won't be buying that tired assed argument.

"...he (Muhammed) declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind... The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Muhammed is the prophet of God."-John Quincy Adams

'Ol JQ Adams knew this shit over 150 years ago! It's about damned time we start remembering history here. I mean that quote could have come straight from the mouth of the current Iranian president!

Riffy

Agreed. And I wasn't aware of that Adams quote. He is now my main niggie.
23rd February 2006 10:07 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Phil Lynott is STILL a deceased black man .
23rd February 2006 10:52 AM
glencar OK, now it's gone too far!

Singer MORRISSEY was quizzed by the FBI and British intelligence after speaking out against the American and British governments.

The Brit is a famous critic of the US-led war in Iraq and has dubbed President GEORGE W BUSH a "terrorist" - but he was baffled to be hauled in by authorities.

Morrissey explains, "The FBI and the Special Branch have investigated me and I've been interviewed and taped and so forth.

"They were trying to determine if I was a threat to the government, and similarly in England. But it didn't take them very long to realise that I'm not.

"I don't belong to any political groups, I don't really say anything unless I'm asked directly and I don't even demonstrate in public. I always assume that so-called authoritarian figures just assume that pop/rock music is slightly insane and an untouchable platform for the working classes to stand up and say something noticeable.

"My view is that neither England or America are democratic societies. You can't really speak your mind and if you do you're investigated."
23rd February 2006 11:13 AM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The one I always liked was:

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy.”

John Quincy Adams

Even if they're wearing turbans!

Riffy weighs in...

So I can't tell - Riffy attacked that straw man so fast that I couldn't quite tell where he came down on the whole "George Bush is a clueless retard" issue.

My favorite part of the whole "I'll veto anyone who doesn't agree we should turn our ports over to al Qeda" thing is the Snow job angle. Very reminiscent of the Cheney/Halliburton thing. This administration doesn't know the meaning of "conflict of interests". And many other vocabulary words too.
23rd February 2006 11:25 AM
Joey
"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy.”

“There he goes. One of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

23rd February 2006 11:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Phil Lynott is STILL a deceased black man .

I thought he was half Portugese / half Irish. I also heard they were thinking of erecting a shrine to him in Birmingham.
23rd February 2006 11:32 AM
sirmoonie Dubai Dubya?

Dubya Dubai?

Doo-bye Dub. Bye o' Dub.

Hey! Check it bleeds! Finally that phoney ass contrivance of George Walker Bush III's middle name, conjured up when they decided to pretend he was from Texas, has some context to it. Who'd a thunkt!?! Whose yo' daddys and yo' mommas?
23rd February 2006 11:41 AM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Dubai Dubya?

Dubya Dubai?

Doo-bye Dub. Bye o' Dub.

Hey! Check it bleeds! Finally that phoney ass contrivance of George Walker Bush III's middle name, conjured up when they decided to pretend he was from Texas, has some context to it. Who'd a thunkt!?! Whose yo' daddys and yo' mommas?

(I know, I know, this guy was a Saudi....I couldn't find any pictures of Bush making out with anyone from the UAE, but I'm sure some will turn up.)

Heeeheeeeheeee!!! Y'know, Moonie, I always thought you were the smartest of the C10, even BEFORE Lugar quit!
23rd February 2006 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I thought he was half Portugese / half Irish. I also heard they were thinking of erecting a shrine to him in Birmingham.

Moonie mentioned to me that he was a Black Man

Googling .................
23rd February 2006 11:47 AM
sirmoonie Phil Lynott's dad was black (from Brazil?), and his mom is Irish. White Irish, not black Irish.

Max quit the C10???? What??? When did this happen? I didn't know you could quit the C10.
23rd February 2006 11:58 AM
Joey " I didn't know you could quit the C10. "

You CAN'T quit the C10 !

The only way out is through a coffin ( see : Keith Moon '78 & John Entwistle '02 ) .

Baby Steel Magnolia ........ ?!?!
23rd February 2006 11:58 AM
Joey " I thought he was half Portugese / half Irish. I also heard they were thinking of erecting a shrine to him in Birmingham. "

< ------ Phil Lynott's dad was black (from Brazil?), and his mom is Irish. White Irish, not black Irish.

Thanks Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

|
|
V

" Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen, Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott was one of the first to merge poetry with rock music. Philip Parris Lynott was born in 1949 (his father was Brazilian and his mother Irish), and was raised mostly by his grandmother, Sarah. After discovering rock n' roll as a teen, Phil began singing in his first band, the Black Eagles. It was around this time that Lynott met future Thin Lizzy drummer, Brian Downey. As the 60's wore on, such landmark artists as Van Morrison and Jimi Hendrix, which would help shape the sound of this next band, influenced Phil. Thin Lizzy was officially formed in the early-70's, and through a succession of guitarists, eventually became one of the world's top hard rock bands by the middle of the decade, especially on the strength of the hit anthem "the Boys are Back in Town" and a string of classic albums (Jailbreak, Bad Reputation, Live & Dangerous, Black Rose). In addition to the band's instantly recognizable (and infinitely copied) twin guitar attack - supplied by Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson - it was Lynott's storytelling lyric-writing that most focused on. While Lizzy was often lumped into the 'heavy metal' category, the band covered a lot of ground musically, while Lynott embraced the fledgling punk scene - forming a side project with ex-members of the Sex Pistols (the Greedy Bastards), becoming good friends with Boomtown Rats singer Bob Geldof, and guesting on Johnny Thunders' 1978 album, So Alone. Lynott also published several books of his poetry during the 70's and 80's, and released a pair of solo albums 1980's Solo in Soho and 82's the Phil Lynott Album. But like many rockers of the 70's, Lynott and most of his bandmates succumbed to the party hearty lifestyle of rock n' roll - indulging in hard drugs and alcohol. Not only did it affect the quality of the band's work by the early-80's (contributing to the band's break-up by 1983), it turned out to be detrimental to Phil Lynott's health. After Lizzy's break-up, Lynott attempted to form another band, Grand Slam, which ultimately failed. But a successful collaboration with old friend Gary Moore, "Out in the Fields," showed Phil still had what it took, but it wasn't enough for Phil to put his life back on track. Lynott died on January 4, 1986 - his body giving out from all the years of abuse and hard living. But Lynott's songwriting and spirit live on - Thin Lizzy's name continues to be named by band's as a major influence, namely Metallica, Def Leppard, Henry Rollins, and Smashing Pumpkins, as Phil's stature in the rock world reached legendary proportions immediately after his death. "

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/lynott_phil/bio.jhtml

[ Edited by Thin Lizzy ]
[Edited by Joey]
23rd February 2006 12:02 PM
FPM C10 Well, originally we said the only way out of the C10 was in a box, but then Steelie got his head stuck in a cardboard box outside the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and we had to rethink that.

No, I read somewhere (some dark corner of the internets) that people were talking about the "C8", and I figured that meant the Republicans had staged a walk-out.

[Edited by FPM C10]
23rd February 2006 12:09 PM
Joey " I figured that meant the Republicans had staged a walk-out. "

Oh , they are all ' walking out ' alright !!!!!!

|
|
V

" US military denies Iraq on brink of civil war "

The US military rejected the idea that a civil war is brewing in Iraq, saying it had confirmed only seven major attacks on mosques across the country.

Major General Rick Lynch, spokesman for the coalition forces in Iraq, said the military had recorded attacks on seven Sunni mosques since the bombing of the revered Shiite shrine in Samarra on Wednesday.

"As of now seven attacks on mosques across Iraq have taken place that resulted in damage to mosques. Two Sunni imams (prayer leaders) and one Sunni sheikh were murdered," Lynch told reporters, playing down the sectarian strife.

"Some drive-by shootings against mosques have been reported ... that's where we are. So we are not seeing civil war igniting in Iraq. We are not seeing 77, 80, 100 mosques damaged in Iraq. We are not seeing death on the streets."

More than 80 bodies of people who had been shot dead were brought to Baghdad's morgue between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, according to its deputy director.

In addition, 47 workers from a brick factory were murdered Thursday on the outskirts of the capital, police said.

Iraqi security officials and Sunni leaders said around 30 Sunni mosques were attacked Wednesday following the bombing of the 1,000-year-old Imam Ali al-Hadi mausoleum, a revered Shiite shrine, in the northern town of Samarra.

Lynch said a total of 20 peaceful demonstrations had taken place across Iraq over the past 36 hours, but admitted "there were some demonstrations that were violent."

"We are seeing a confident Iraqi government using capable security forces to calm the storm that was inflammated by a horrendous terrorist attack yesterday against the golden mosque," Lynch added.

He confirmed that all Iraqi security forces were on alert, and "everybody who was on leave has been called back". An overnight curfew has also been extended in Baghdad and Samarra, he said.

Lynch said US forces had not expected an attack against the Samarra shrine.

He suggested that the bombing resulted from a growing rift between local people in Samarra and "foreign fighters" who had decided to strike at a symbol of the city.

"What we saw in Samarra was an indication of what is happening with the terrorists and foreign fighters," he said.

The bombing, he suggested, bore "a signature of (Abu Musab al-) Zarqawi and terrorists and foreign fighters," he said in reference to the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq. "

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iraq

23rd February 2006 12:29 PM
sirmoonie
23rd February 2006 04:05 PM
Starbuck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjHOsp-Z-RA&search=world%20war

23rd February 2006 04:12 PM
stonedinaustralia are vacant C10 positions available to the general public by way of election by extant members or indeed for cash??

if so, consider this post an official "expression of interest"

are there uniforms and secret handshakes and pass words and such like??

no creepy "initiation ceremonies" i hope - i recall talk of some kind of "circular" activity that i wasn't sure i liked the sound of
23rd February 2006 04:18 PM
Joey " are vacant C10 positions available to the general public by way of election by extant members or indeed for cash??"

Yes , please see the following :

|
|
|
V

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)