ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eulogies for Coretta Scott King turn heat on Bush (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
22nd February 2006 11:46 AM
Maxlugar [quote]rasputin56 wrote:

Defend him? The man is scum but was bringing him down worth 2000+ American lives and the tens of thousands of US servicement and women who have been injured in this debacle? Even as late as 2002, Bush administration officials (Powell and Rummie) had declared that Saddam was effectively contained and was little to no threat. The brilliant part of the whole thing is how W. suckered all the right wingnut chicken hawks into actually believing he was a threat to anyone outside his extremely limited sphere of influence so he could satisfy his desire to be better than daddy.

So you are now taking the position that he did have WMD but was not a threat, right?
22nd February 2006 11:51 AM
rasputin56 Huh? Nice leap there.
22nd February 2006 03:01 PM
glencar You're the leaper, buddy.
22nd February 2006 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're the leaper, buddy.

Purple Hearts ?!?!?!

Ferdy in the House ?!?!

Developing .............................

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0079766/

[Edited by Joey]
22nd February 2006 03:13 PM
glencar Kinky!
22nd February 2006 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Kinky!

22nd February 2006 03:16 PM
glencar Is that yer high school class?
22nd February 2006 03:22 PM
Joey " Is that yer high school class?"

22nd February 2006 03:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

No YOU are.

(psst...the next line is "I know you are but what am I?")

Hey...what's all this I hear about George W Bush turning our ports over to Al Qeda?

Please advise!
22nd February 2006 03:33 PM
glencar Two of Saddam's major domos report that WMD's were indeed moved to Syria before the war started & this guy doubts them even though they have no reason to lie? He's leaping.

As for the ports, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Initially, I was surprised by the idea but when all those Congressmen started protesting it, I hought, "Why not let the 'rabs take over our ports?"
22nd February 2006 03:34 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:

Yup, it must be true. A couple of posters from some other board had some story about it and confirmed it.
22nd February 2006 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

No YOU are.

(psst...the next line is "I know you are but what am I?")

Hey...what's all this I hear about George W Bush turning our ports over to Al Qeda?

Please advise!

I don't know ....but our greatest fears are about to come true :

" Insurgents detonated bombs inside one of Iraq's holiest Shiite shrines Wednesday, destroying its golden dome and triggering more than 90 reprisal attacks on Sunni mosques. The president warned that extremists were pushing the country toward civil war, as many Shiites lashed out at the United States as partly to blame.

As the gold dome of the 1,200-year-old Askariya shrine lay in ruins, leaders on both sides called for calm: But the string of back-and-forth attacks seemed to push the country closer to all-out civil war than at any point in the three years since the U.S.-led overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

"We are facing a major conspiracy that is targeting Iraq's unity," said President Jalal Talabani, a Kurd. "We should all stand hand in hand to prevent the danger of a civil war."

U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad and the top American commander in Iraq also warned it was a "critical moment for Iraq" and called the bombings a deliberate attempt to create sectarian tension. They promised the U.S. would contribute to the shrine's reconstruction.

"This attack is a crime against humanity," Khalilzad and Gen. George W. Casey Jr., said in a joint statement.

In one ominous sign of how Shiites may react, Iraq's top Shiite cleric and the country's vice president hinted that local armed militias might play a bigger role in security in future, if the government can't protect such holy shrines.

Both Sunnis and the United States fear the rise of such militias, which Sunnis view as little more than death squads. American commanders believe they undercut U.S. efforts to create a professional Iraqi army and police force — a key step toward the eventual drawdown of U.S. forces.

Some Shiite political leaders already were angry with the United States because it has urged them to form a unity government in which nonsectarian figures control the army and police. Khalilzad warned earlier this week — in a statement clearly targeted toward Shiite hardliners — that America would not continue to support institutions run by sectarian groups with links to armed militias.

After the attacks, one top Shiite political leader accused Khalilzad of sharing some responsibility for the bombing of the shrine because of that stance.

"These statements ... gave green lights to terrorist groups. And, therefore, he shares in part of the responsibility," said the official, Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim, head of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq and the former commander of its militia.

The current interior minister, who controls the police, is a member of al-Hakim's party.

The new tensions come as Iraq's various factions are still unable to put together a government after the Dec. 15 elections. The president said the brazen assault on the shrine — the third major attack against Shiite targets in as many days — seemed aimed at destroying the talks.

The Askariya shrine, also known as the Golden Mosque, contains the tombs of two revered Shiite imams, who are considered by Shiites to be among the successors of the Prophet Muhammad.

No group claimed responsibility for the 6:55 a.m. assault on the shrine in Samarra, 60 miles north of Baghdad, carried out by insurgents posing as police. But suspicion fell on Sunni extremist groups, and a government statement said "several suspects" had been detained."

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iraq

22nd February 2006 03:37 PM
glencar Joey, any time there's a bomb, you run ascared. I watched last night's Frontline earlier & even PBS thinks things have improved greatly. Expect a pullout of 1/3 of our troops by October.
22nd February 2006 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Expect a pullout of 1/3 of our troops by October.

Expect Israel to hit Iran by August ( see : recently acquired diesel submarines from Germany -- excellent for retrieving jet fighter pilots who ditched their planes in the Med. after a bombing run )

JACKY KHOMEINI !

ss
[Edited by Joey]
22nd February 2006 03:42 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Expect Israel to hit Iran by August ( see : recently acquired diesel submarines from Germany -- excellent for retrieving jet fighter pilots who ditched their planes in the Med. after a bombing run )

JACKY KHOMEINI !

ss
[Edited by Joey]

Let's hope so! I don't want America's fingerprints on this one!

22nd February 2006 03:44 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Expect a pullout of 1/3 of our troops by October.

Well, duh. That's been the plan all along. Just in time for the midterms. Start the war process just before the midterms in 2002 and end it right before the midterms in 06. Gotta love the symmetry. Let's just hope the civil war there doesn't get any worse. It's not just a simple insurgency any more.
22nd February 2006 03:45 PM
glencar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Well, duh. That's been the plan all along. Just in time for the midterms. Start the war process just before the midterms in 2002 and end it right before the midterms in 06. Gotta love the symmetry. Let's just hope the civil war there doesn't get any worse. It's not just a simple insurgency any more.

Duh back at you. You new at this board or what?
22nd February 2006 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

I don't want America's fingerprints on this one!

I like the way you think ....

Come to Joey !
22nd February 2006 03:49 PM
glencar First, I have to amke a pit stop...
22nd February 2006 03:49 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:

Duh back at you. You new at this board or what?

Define new.
22nd February 2006 03:50 PM
glencar New = highly annoying.
22nd February 2006 03:55 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
New = highly annoying.

In that case, sure, why not.
22nd February 2006 04:02 PM
glencar LOL We may disagree but you are fun. Let's go get some WMD's tomorrow!
22nd February 2006 04:03 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL We may disagree but you are fun. Let's go get some WMD's tomorrow!

Sure, wtf.
[Edited by rasputin56]
22nd February 2006 04:25 PM
Joey " LOL We may disagree but you are fun. Let's go get some WMD's tomorrow!"

-- "He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may The Joey and his keyboard live!!!", George Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.

22nd February 2006 04:27 PM
glencar "It's natural!"
22nd February 2006 04:29 PM
Joey " "It's natural!" "

22nd February 2006 04:31 PM
glencar I've heard that's a very good flick. When will it play in Omaha?
22nd February 2006 04:36 PM
Joey " When will it play in Omaha? "

22nd February 2006 04:42 PM
glencar Good God!

http://movies.aol.com/showtimes/closesttheaters.adp?setGeodata=412586+%2d959375+CITY+%7b%7d+Omaha+NE+%7b%7d+Douglas+USA
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)