ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cheech & Chong High on Reunion! Return to archive
02-25-03 01:04 PM
steel driving hammer By Josh Grossberg
Feb 25, 2003, 10:16 PM PT

Cheech and Chong are ready to light up the big screen again.

Twenty-five years after their first celluloid toke, the professional stoners otherwise known as Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong are hashing out what will be a happily hazy reunion movie, tentatively titled Cheech & Chong Get Blunt.

That's the word from Tommy's daughter, actress Rae Dawn Chong, who wrote the script and is currently shopping the project to distributors.

"My sister and I...get a lot of phone calls individually and collectively about a reunion. So at Thanksgiving this year, we said, 'Dad, are you doing to do anything about that?' And he mentioned treatments other people sent him that he'd been working on," Chong tells E! Online. "So when we left, my sister and I thought it would be kind of cool to give these guys a real script."

The screenplay must have been good stuff, because both Chong and his formerly estranged comic partner Marin signed on.

The pot, er, plot for Blunt, which will be Cheech and Chong's first major outing together since 1985's music-video compilation Get Out of My Room, follows our leafy heroes as they serve community service as anti-drug preachers in a boys' home. Expect plenty of their trademark stoner musings.

Rae Dawn Chong says her childhood memories on the sets of such Cheech and Chong cannabis-flavored classics as 1978's Up in Smoke, 1980's Next Movie, 1981's Nice Dreams and 1983's Still Smokin' inspired her to take a crack at writing one herself.

"A script idea came together--with a beginning, middle and end--from the drive up to Vancouver that was socially relevant and funny, so I wrote it," recalls Rae Dawn Chong, who appeared in the comic duo's last movie, 1984's swashbuckling spoof Cheech & Chong's The Corsican Brothers.

"I think that my script, if it gets used, would be great. But if it doesn't, I think it inspired them," says the actress.

Cheech and Chong had a falling out in the mid-'80s blamed on the usual creative differences. Chong continued to carry the Mary Jane mantle, appearing in 1998's Half-Baked, landing a recurring role on Fox's That '70s Show and writing and directing the forthcoming pot caper Best Buds.

Marin, on the other hand, has staked out a career as a (sober) character actor, appearing in films like Ghostbusters II, Desperado, Tin Cup and Spy Kids, as well as costarring with Don Johnson on the TV series Nash Bridges. He's also cultivated some family-friendly voice-over work, including paying lip service to Banzai the Hyena in Disney's The Lion King.

Despite their on-screen split, the two remained pals, with Cheech popping up in a cameo in Chong's 1990 film, Far Out Man, and the latter turning up on Nash Bridges a few seasons ago. The two also had voice roles in 1992's animated FernGully: The Last Rainforest.

Rae Dawn Chong, best known for playing opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1985's Commando, smooching C. Thomas Howell in 1986's Soul Man and appearing on such TV series as Judging Amy, says the timing is right for a reunion movie, especially with Canada's current push to decriminalize pot and several states permitting medical marijuana use.

That certainly would make her father--whom she dubs the "patron saint of marijuana use"--very happy. When not making stoner comedies, the elder Chong is selling glass accoutrements of the hippie kind on his Website, Chongglass.com.

Far out, indeed.

02-25-03 01:06 PM
glencar Rae Dawn Chong was so damn hot backindaday. Wonder what she's up to these days, other than retreading her Pop's flicks.
02-25-03 01:11 PM
steel driving hammer Just like at the C10 meeting...

I take a toke, and all my gears, go up in smoke!
02-25-03 01:24 PM
Factory Girl Wasn't Rae D. Chong a smack-user?
02-25-03 01:29 PM
Maxlugar Fact: Cheech and Chong were not really into drugs at all. They liked working out more.

I liked Next Movie the best.

END TRANSMISSION.
02-25-03 01:33 PM
Joey " Wasn't Rae D. Chong a smack-user? "

<----- Smack ? SMACK ??????????

Did someone say , " Smack ????? "

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Sssssssssmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !

{ Edited by Joey }
02-25-03 01:36 PM
sirmoonie Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones
Got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo

Yes, I am the victim of a Basketball Jones
Ever since I was a little baby, I always be dribblin'
In fac', I was de baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood
Then one day, my mama bought me a basketball
And I loved that basketball
I took that basketball with me everywhere I went
That basketball was like a basketball to me

I even put that basketball underneath my pillow
Maybe that's why I can't sleep at night
I need help, ladies and gentlemens
I need someone to stand beside me
I need, I need someone to set a pick for me at the free-throw line of life
Someone I can pass to
Someone to hit the open man on the give-and-go
And not end up in the popcorn machine
So cheerleaders, help me out

(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones)
(I got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo)

Oh, that sounds so sweet
Sing it out
C'mon Coach Booty, Red Blazer, sing along with me
That be bad, honky
Yeah
I want everybody in the whole stadium to stand up and sing with us
Oh yeah, sing it out like you're proud
All right, everybody watchin' coast-to-coast, sing along with us
Bill Russell, sing along with us
Chick Hearn, sing along with us
Chris Schenkel, don't sing nothin'

Oh, it feels so good
Gimme the ball
I'll go one-on-one against the world, left-handed
I could stuff it from center court with my toes
I could jump on top of the backboard, take off a quarter, leave fifteen cents change I
could, I could dribble behind my back I got more moves than Ex-Lax I'm bad I could
dribble with my tongue Here I go down court, try to stop me You can't stop me 'cause I
got a Basketball Jones Here I come That's my hook shot with my eyebrow Yeah, I could
dunk it with my nose I'm, I'm bad as King Kong, gimme the ball I'm hot, I'm hot as...,
I'm hot as..., I'm hot as... uh Uh, uh, uh, uh

(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, Basketball Jones)
(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, Basketball Jones)

02-25-03 03:04 PM
telecaster It's Dave man, open up the door
02-25-03 03:10 PM
nankerphelge "Look at his neck, look at his neck!"
02-25-03 03:32 PM
luxury1 Rae Dawn Chong appeared with MIck in his little solo movie-Just Another NIght I think it was. SHe gets to roll around with him in bed for a really long time.
02-25-03 03:38 PM
throbby I love the scene in Up in Smoke when they're in the car stradling the median and they open the window for the patrolman. That was classic, as was the ajax snorting babe.
02-25-03 03:42 PM
Factory Girl Was she on Smack?? Can someone confirm or deny? Thanks in advance.
02-25-03 03:51 PM
sirmoonie Yeah mang, heuvos rancheros, a shot of tequila, and a Dos Equis!
02-25-03 04:01 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
telecaster wrote:
It's Dave man, open up the door

Uh Dave's not here...

I said open the door...

Take off Cheech I'm busy...

-

Hey Moonie! That was not me on Gasland.
I swear on a bottle of wine that was not me. As o' matter o' fact, I tried posting there again when a poster said the Stones sucked just a few days ago but I couldn't post. Even dialed on an AOL # and still couldln't post. Even at the Champaign Public Library I couldn't friggin post.
I'm still blind as what I did wrong there.
Besides saying Sand ****** twice.
02-25-03 05:54 PM
exile
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Rae Dawn Chong appeared with MIck in his little solo movie-Just Another NIght I think it was. SHe gets to roll around with him in bed for a really long time.

thats right Luxury1
I think it was actually called "Running Out Of luck"
I have it on video one of those real 80's gems

there is a love scence in there with her and Mick also

quite funny to watch now

02-26-03 05:24 AM
luxury1 I pull it out to watch every now and then--there is that great scene of Mick in prison, wearing sweats and a guinea tee, playing acoustic guitar. Girls--have you ever seen Mick wear sweatpants?? My, my, its worth the price of admission.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST