ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elvis v. Stones Return to archive
02-24-03 07:33 PM
Mother baby Now that we've conveniently disposed of the Beatles. Let's go for the top....
02-24-03 07:36 PM
Mother baby Performance vs Blue Hawaii
02-24-03 07:40 PM
Gazza fair enough...

but theres always the flip side:

King Creole vs Ned Kelly ??
02-24-03 07:43 PM
Fiji Joe A bit unfair...Elvis was a single great talent...You wouldn't want to compare him to Mick Jagger
02-24-03 07:43 PM
steel driving hammer Yes, and there is always a 3rd eye...

King Creole or Gimme Shelter.

Next Subject.
02-24-03 07:52 PM
parmeda Assuming we have all seen the Stones in a live performance...how many have seen 'The King'?

I have. And, I personally don't think you could compare these two outstanding 'acts' with each other.
02-24-03 08:05 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Gazza wrote:
fair enough...

but theres always the flip side:

King Creole vs Ned Kelly ??

All these movies are basically junk. If they had been actors it might have been something diffent.
[Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
02-24-03 08:21 PM
Nellcote Elvis first three albums are
(brought to you by Bernie Rotman)
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASITC!!!

"Radio is in the hands of such alot of fools trying to anesthetize the way that you feel!"

Yes, THAT Elvis, not jelly donut Elvis, honey!
02-24-03 08:27 PM
Mother baby Of course! It's image.......no one likes fat Elvis. They like Eternal Rocn N Roll Elvis.
[Edited by Mother baby]
02-24-03 08:32 PM
Nellcote Sure, right.
Love for Tender
"You put your money where your mouth is, but you're so unsure?"
Yeah, that's the ticket!
02-24-03 08:58 PM
Mother baby
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Assuming we have all seen the Stones in a live performance...how many have seen 'The King'?

I have. And, I personally don't think you could compare these two outstanding 'acts' with each other.

What!!! Why not...they both came from the same place?
02-24-03 09:23 PM
Nasty Habits That's right! I forgot the Stones were poor Mississippi white trash before they moved to London!

02-24-03 09:52 PM
VirginiaMonkeyMan Yeah but for the most part the Stones wrote their own music. Not to mention producing.

What Elvis song would you like to hear the Stones do? Suspicious Minds...
02-24-03 10:01 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VirginiaMonkeyMan wrote:

What Elvis song would you like to hear the Stones do?

"Do the Clam"

02-24-03 11:23 PM
Madafaka Everything Vs. Rolling Stones = ROLLING STONES!
02-25-03 02:17 AM
Moonisup no one played hound dog better ore dirtier then the stones in 1978, and yes that was a Big mama thornton song!
02-25-03 03:17 AM
Mother baby
quote:
VirginiaMonkeyMan wrote:
Yeah but for the most part the Stones wrote their own music. Not to mention producing.

What Elvis song would you like to hear the Stones do? Suspicious Minds...

Any doubts about Elvis were put to rest with the so called "Comeback" concert/movie I think. It's just too bad he got side tracked so much.

To me the real mark of greatness is the cat who shows up on some city street corner out of the blue and burns the place down with only a guitar.

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-25-03 04:04 AM
F505 Why not Stones vs Abba, Stones vs Eagles, Stones vs Monkees, Stones vs Bay City Rollers, Stones vs Mud, Stones vs Black Crowes, Stones vs Dolly Dots, Stones vs Elton John, Stones vs Rhythm Kings, Stones vs Village People, Stones vs James Brown, Stones vs Prince, Stones vs Jimi Hendrix, Stones vs Bob Dylan et cetera......
02-25-03 07:15 AM
Mother baby Yeah...lol...maybe someone ought to start a message board for that VS stuff ONLY...I shan't be joining though...not enough time!
02-25-03 10:54 AM
egon who the fuck is elvis?
[Edited by egon]
02-25-03 11:15 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
egon wrote:
who the fuck is elvis?
[Edited by egon]

He is an ex-NFL quarterback (American Football); his last name Grbac. He played with the San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Baltimore Ravens. He retired two seasons ago, but he was thinking about coming back.

Turns out he will not be making the come back.

02-25-03 11:17 AM
egon in that case i'll go with the stones, cos american football sucks!
02-25-03 06:42 PM
stewed & Keefed Elvis? The Worst.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST