ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another typical C1O post! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
02-24-03 06:48 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

Mick is Keith's bitch. Keith should've gone solo when he had the chance.

Mother Baby, come on now...

Is it your time of the month?

Mick IS Keiths bitch but Keith should go solo???

Mick/Keith - say what a pair, say what a team...
02-24-03 07:13 PM
steel driving hammer Elvis made more movies than albums.

Elvis never wrote alot of his music either...

Hound Dog was written by Big Mamma Thorton.

But Mother baby, just let the Stones play the fucking tracks eh?
02-24-03 07:19 PM
parmeda Steelie...you crack me up!
02-24-03 07:24 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Steelie...you crack me up!

I used to do your cookin' your laundry too!

Now what more pretty woman can a man like me do?

Cheers.
02-24-03 08:27 PM
Joey
<----- Moon is Up , I just love your Avatar !!!!!

Me too little buddy ...................and why all of this talk about MACCA's " Back to the Egg " and the horrific " Dirty Work " ?????????? Both of these discs are quite possibly the worst albums ever made in the history of recorded music , with " Egg " selling one fewer copy at seventeen ( worldwide ) .

" Bitch Slap My Irish Ass Ronnie and call me Suzi "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACULATION !
02-24-03 08:56 PM
Prodigal Son Well, actually it was Otis Blackwell that wrote "Hound Dog" with Big Mama Thornton doing it first. P.S., goddang Wings suck. Even Mick hitting Bee-Gees like falsetto notes on "Emotional Rescue" has more toughness to it than Paul doing his usual crap with Wings. To reiterate the Beatles argument, although I like them still:
Beatles=Something
Stones=Some Girls
Snippet from a McCartney concert
"I thought the major, was a lady suffragette. Jet! WOO-OOOO-WOO-OOOO-WOO-OOOO! JET!"
"haahahha yes Paul. Yesss, the Beatles, I mean, you rule! No, forget "Mull of Kintyre" do a version of "Long and Winding Road" while playing bass drum, banjo, kazoo, piano and harmonica all at once! This is awesome!"
02-24-03 09:08 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Snippet from a McCartney concert
"I thought the major, was a lady suffragette. Jet! WOO-OOOO-WOO-OOOO-WOO-OOOO! JET!"
"haahahha yes Paul. Yesss, the Beatles, I mean, you rule! No, forget "Mull of Kintyre" do a version of "Long and Winding Road" while playing bass drum, banjo, kazoo, piano and harmonica all at once! This is awesome!"

This is the first Sir Paul fan I ever met here. Man you got guts. Bless you...you got more courage than most....even if I don't agree. Granted they're few and far between but I respect your courage.
02-24-03 09:14 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Joey wrote:

Me too little buddy ...................and why all of this talk about MACCA's " Back to the Egg " and the horrific " Dirty Work " ?????????? Both of these discs are quite possibly the worst albums ever made in the history of recorded music , with " Egg " selling one fewer copy at seventeen ( worldwide ) .

" Bitch Slap My Irish Ass Ronnie and call me Suzi "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACULATION !

I believe the numbers on the following albums are even worse:

It's Hard --- 13 copies, all of which currently reside at my record store.

White City: A Novel -- 11 copies, all bought as cutouts.

Deep End Live -- 2 copies, both bought by Pink Floyd fans.

Join Together (the Who live album from 1989). Every copy purchased was ultimately returned due to customer dissatisfaction. To date, not one single copy of this "box set" has ever sold.

Sad but true
little joe blue
the worst act of the 80s
was the Who

02-24-03 09:17 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Well, actually it was Otis Blackwell that wrote "Hound Dog" with Big Mama Thornton doing it first.

Uh . . . actually, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller wrote "Hound Dog".

02-24-03 10:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot About the C10....we ARE better. That does not mean that others can't RISE up to our level. No one else can EVER be C10..because there were only 10 of us in Cleveland. But you CAN become C10A or C10P. We are elite...but NOT elitist, despite what some may say. All it takes is for you to step up and show the C10 that you are worthy. And you can only do that in a face to face meeting.

Examples...Gerardo, Gazza, Scope, Riffhard(the very first C10A), Alex, and KENO. I can't stand Keno, but if sirmoonie and nanky say he's worthy of being C10A, that's good enough for me. So when I say ANYONE can be C10A, I mean it.

Except for jb. He'll never carry the C10A tag as long as I'm alive. He does not have "it". In fact, he doesn't even know what "it" is...and he'll never know. If you have to ask...you don't know. If you don't know, you can't be in.

Annnnnnnnnnndddddddd...beside, under, and sometimes on top of, every good man is a good woman. Again, despite what some say, the C10 are NOT sexist. Well...OK, we like sex...but we are not anti-female. We love women so much we gave them their very own tag! But again, not every woman is cut out to be C10P. They too have to step up and show that they are worthy. sirmoonie hasn't said anything yet, but I'll bet that he'd vouch for Parmeda to have the tag.

Pam rocks. And she make great cookies. In fact, I'm enjoying some yummy oatmeal raisin cookies that she baked...right now. You wanna talk about generous....you can't even begin to know how generous this chick is. Thanks Pammy. I'll try to pay you back...and you know how I pay my debts! Lucky girl!

Look, there's a summit happening in Sept in Asheville NC. You want to be C10A or P? Grow a set and show up. You got no excuses. Plenty of time to clear the schedule. Your spouse or significant other will freak out? You think ours didn't? We dealt with it because we got "it". Do you got "it"?

Show up and find out.
02-24-03 11:31 PM
Prodigal Son Damnit, Nasty Habits! You're the first person I know on any board to completely stump me. I can't believe I screwed it up, I knew it, but somehow i thought it was Otis Blackwell. And to Mother baby, I was being totally sarcastic just to let you know (I hope you were too). Paul is a blowhard looking for more money and notoriety because he's worried about his legacy. Paul, it's too late. Making horrible songs on your own didn't do much for your rep as a legendary composer of pop music. Either you should have
1. Not made bad music.
2. Not made much high-profile appearances and music.
3. Dropped out of music like the respectable George.
or
4. Get blown away by a madman like John thus solidifying your martyrdom.
Oh well, if only he understood.
02-24-03 11:54 PM
Fiji Joe Man, I can't wait to become C10A...does that come with an armband or anything?...a decoder ring?...Sea Monkeys?...Yep, gonna be the first kid on my block to be C10A

02-25-03 12:05 AM
Sir Stonesalot The original C10 got a T-shirt. C10A...all it comes with is prestige. C10P is a different story.

Gypsy, I know you want to marry one of the C10. I'm already married, but you can be my mistress. I need a few of those.

And Feej...you are assuming that if you show up, you'll be considered worthy. Not so. You will still have to earn your tag.

You still gotta have "it". If you don't, well it was nice meeting ya.

02-25-03 01:37 AM
gypsy After much consideration, I've decided that I will marry Joey, and become a bonafide C10P. Expect your invitations in the mail. October 2003. Freddy will be the ring-bearer.
02-25-03 02:10 AM
Moonisup freddi will do that,
he's for hire
02-25-03 07:39 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Mother baby, I was being totally sarcastic just to let you know (I hope you were too). Paul is a blowhard looking for more money and notoriety because he's worried about his legacy.

Yeah...I guess I was at that. Paul I find quite boring and could care less what he does. I suppose he is still making a contribution..."filling the world with silly love songs"..
(man I hope I don't get that song stuck in my head today)
02-25-03 07:50 AM
Maxlugar Josh will never be a C10 anything as long as I'm alive too.

And thank you Nasty for bringing us all up to date on some of the horrific music the Who have cast upon us. What a shitty band. They can't even bring themsleves to create anything new for 20 years! They had their time. Just like CCR. But they ain't done SHIT since Jimmy Friggin' Carter was president.

I'm going to make a bold statement here:

Anyone who thinks Dirty Work is the worst music ever made is not a Stones fan. You don't have to love it or even like it, but if you think THAT is the worst music ever made, then you are not a Stones fan.

Joey is officially not a Stones fan.

END TRANSMISSION.

02-25-03 08:00 AM
Boomhauer Dirty Work, IMO, is a great album.

People have to stop thinking about it as the "album with Back to Zero". It's way better than that.

It's STones metal!!!
02-25-03 08:42 AM
full moon If he does not like Dirty Work, throw him out of your C10 group. He is not worthy..
02-25-03 09:48 AM
Joey " Joey is officially not a Stones fan. "

<-------- WHAT ?????? I can't believe this ???????

Maxy , he wants to save for a new guitar ;
He's gonna learn to play but he won't get far .
Thinks it's an easy going high ;
But his whole life is just another trial .

Hey , that is some great writing little buddy , but take it easy on my Maxy , he is cool and has authored many a legendary post , including the famous ( infamous ) " MAX - LUG - AR ! How come you taste so good post ? "

" Now Drink of my Genetic Code Cocktail Ronnie "

JOEYKINS !

02-25-03 09:53 AM
gypsy Well, Joey is a C10, and we will be married in Maui this October. Now, Maxy, we expect you to be there.
02-25-03 09:57 AM
Fiji Joe SS...if this "It" you refer to has anything to do with dropping my pants and standing in a circle whilst feverishly pleasuring myself then I have to say I won't be bringin "it" to Asheville...Otherwise, I'm pretty much game for anything
02-25-03 10:00 AM
Joey " Well, Joey is a C10, and we will be married in Maui this October. Now, Maxy, we expect you to be there."

<----- Maxy is Best Man !!!!!

Damn Straight little buddy ......and the Stones will be invited to the wedding !

Gypsy , since your father is paying for all of this , can he fork over ten million for the Stones to perform at the reception ? I would really appreciate it ! Oh , and another five mil. for the WHO to open !

" Help Me Ronnie "

JOEYKINS !

02-25-03 10:05 AM
steel driving hammer Fiji Joe, check your private messages.
02-25-03 10:10 AM
Fiji Joe Damn SDH!...This one has the potential to blow this thing wide open...It will take just the right caption....let's work with it a while
02-25-03 10:18 AM
Factory Girl I see that an Alliance is forming. Power struggle??
02-25-03 10:26 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Damn SDH!...This one has the potential to blow this thing wide open...It will take just the right caption....let's work with it a while

Don't post it here though ok?

I already asked Voodoo Chile and he said no, but he also said, "LOL"

But yeah, lets work w/ it a while....

It is a really sick photo ain't it?
02-25-03 10:30 AM
gypsy Sure, Joey. We definitely are NOT going to pay $1 million to have Paul McCartney perform at the reception. My dad says "nothing but the best for my baby girl!" He also likes the way you call me "my princess."

[Edited by gypsy]
02-25-03 10:51 AM
Fiji Joe SDH...that must be one of those cultural differences that I'm said to be so intolerant of...
02-25-03 10:57 AM
Joey " Sure, Joey. We definitely are NOT going to pay $1 million to have Paul McCartney perform at the reception. "

<---- Damn Straight My Princess !

" My dad says "nothing but the best for my baby girl!" He also likes the way you call me "my princess."

Tell pop his daughter will be in good hands .........I know just how to spoil my little Gypsykins !

Gypsy , I am having a home custom built for us in Maui , complete with a " Guest house " for when one of my C-10 Brothers arrives for a visit . Perhaps you have seen some mock photos of it in this week's " Architectural Digest " ????? No ???? Well , don't worry , pops is footing the bill for this one too ......we are tight !!!!

{{{{{ J. KINS }}}}}
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST