ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Too much time on their hands Return to archive
02-24-03 10:39 AM
nankerphelge Police field complaint about busty snow woman
By CAROL BILICZKY
Akron Beacon Journal

KENT, Ohio - Crystal Lynn went for realism when she built her snow woman - celery for the eyes, a carrot for the nose and two blobs of snow for the breasts.

The last turned out to be a no-no, as someone complained to Kent police about what he called an indecent snow figure.

And a police officer showed up at her apartment door minutes after she completed her work.

"He said that I should cut off her breasts, but I said no woman wants that," Lynn, 35, said.

She didn't want to knock down the snow woman. And the figure was too busty to be covered by a shirt. So Lynn opted to drape a ruffled maroon tablecloth around her shoulders.

"She looked really good, like she was getting ready to go to a party," she said.

Kent Capt. James Goodlet said the incident began at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday with an anonymous call from a man about the "inappropriate snow figure" on First Avenue.

Goodlet said the officer didn't demand that Lynn alter her artwork, but she left the conversation thinking she would be arrested for disorderly conduct if she didn't comply.

"We would have had to have someone file a complaint," Goodlet said. "We wouldn't have charged at that. We were treating it almost as a neighborhood domestic situation."

He said the dispatcher considered the call to be serious - not a prank call.

But Lynn was flabbergasted.

"I didn't think there was anything inappropriate about it," said the self-described housewife. "I just wanted to play in the snow."

She said she called the police after the officer left. When she realized the officer was just passing on a caller's complaint, she took matters into her own hands, stripping the tablecloth off the snow woman so that she could be exposed in all her glory.

Goodlet said this may be the first time he's fielded a complaint about an indecent snow figure in his 26 years of police work. "They aren't one of our higher priorities," he said.

Lynn said she was insulted by the whole mess.

"It's just snow," she said.

02-24-03 10:49 AM
jb This is a typical C10 post.
02-24-03 11:16 AM
parmeda What gives Nank?
No link of a photo with this story?

(That's so, not like you, LOL...)
02-24-03 11:19 AM
nankerphelge I'm still using the photo!!
I'll try not to stain it...
02-24-03 11:20 AM
parmeda Just be careful with your 'carrot juice'...I hear that stuff stains.
02-24-03 11:23 AM
steel driving hammer Don't know Parmey but here's the husband...

You have really nice looking legs btw Parm.
02-24-03 11:30 AM
Maxlugar Do you have a problem with that, Josh?

02-24-03 11:33 AM
parmeda Thanks Steelie...
FYI...they can leg-press 550lbs. effortlessly
02-24-03 11:34 AM
nankerphelge Josh has been poo-pooing the C10 ever since he developed his Oliver Stone-like conspiratorial theories of SS's contests last year.
02-24-03 11:34 AM
steel driving hammer The 19th Hole...

Biff...

02-24-03 11:36 AM
nankerphelge Hey -- if you are gonna post josh's "mullet-years" pix, you should get his permission!
02-24-03 11:38 AM
jb No Max....just pointing this out. Perhaps a poem from you?
02-24-03 11:43 AM
Maxlugar Roses are red...

Violets are blue.

You were nominated for nothing.

And your friends are so few.

YES!

MICK!

STONES!

MACKY!

NANKY!
02-24-03 11:48 AM
sirmoonie I hear it was Ashcroft that called it in.
02-24-03 12:06 PM
Mother baby Too much time on their hands???????

Does anyone here ever work?

02-24-03 12:09 PM
Fiji Joe Hoochie Mama!...It's hot up in here!
02-24-03 12:15 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
Too much time on their hands???????

Actually Motherb, we are all independently wealthy!!

I think we are ALL employed in one way or another! I happen to have a wonderful Boss who lets me work 4 long days instead of 5. Monday is my busiest "posting" day 'cause I have the day off. But since Rocks Off is like heroin, I have to sneek a peek every now and then from the office.

LadyJ.
02-24-03 12:31 PM
throbby So, did they ever birdie the 19th hole?
02-24-03 12:33 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
Too much time on their hands???????

Fuck Work, Lets Post!
02-24-03 12:39 PM
sirmoonie I used to work, but it cut into my drinking too much. Something had to give, you know? Rock bottom type sitch.
02-24-03 12:57 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I used to work, but it cut into my drinking too much. Something had to give, you know? Rock bottom type sitch.

What He Said.
02-24-03 01:57 PM
Jumping Jack Beware the Snow Ho!!!
02-24-03 02:29 PM
Mother baby
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I used to work, but it cut into my drinking too much. Something had to give, you know? Rock bottom type sitch.

Oh yeah...sorry, I forgot..."nobody EVER works...Hang Fire"

I don't see any contradiction though, I get to work, drink & post at the same time....'course I don't actually accomplish much...
02-24-03 02:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
I don't see any contradiction though, I get to work, drink & post at the same time....'course I don't actually accomplish much...

Hey man, you'll fit in nice with the Friday set around here.

Its allright if I call you "man" isn't it?
02-24-03 03:09 PM
gypsy When you're good in bed, you don't have to have a job.
02-24-03 03:20 PM
Mother baby
quote:
sir Moonie.
Its allright if I call you "man" isn't it?

Sure. Just don't call me names. My feelings get hurt real easy.
02-24-03 03:21 PM
nankerphelge Gypsy, I think tele is going to just give you "babe of the board" for all of 2003!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-25-03 01:42 AM
gypsy I got tired of being a 'kept woman,' so I got a job. Joey was really sad and angry at first. But he knows chiba ain't cheap.
[Edited by gypsy]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST