ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why the Beatles are held higher than the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-24-03 10:31 AM
Stonesthrow SDH-- Obviously, I saw more in it than you intended. However, to me, Revolver could have meant both the album and the gun Chapman used on Lennon.
02-24-03 12:47 PM
monkeyman Hola a todos, yo quería brindar mi opinión en español, cuando se ponen a discutir sobre este tema de los Stones vs Beatles yo siempre digo esto:
Si se debe decidir cual es la banda mas grande del Pop : The Beatles
Si se debe decidir cual es la banda mas grande del Rock : The Rolling Stones
Porque? bueno, los Beatles nunca hicieron temas como Jumpin' Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Gimmie Shelter, jiving Sister Funny, y más. Como así los Stones no hicieron temas tan blandos y tontos como muchos de los Beatles. Eso es todo.
Con esto liquido el partido:
The Beatles it´s only love The Rolling Stones It´s Only Rock N´ Roll.
02-24-03 01:02 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
SDH-- Obviously, I saw more in it than you intended. However, to me, Revolver could have meant both the album and the gun Chapman used on Lennon.

Ouch! I didn't mean that, but Ouch!

If I think I know what your saying...................Cheers!
02-24-03 02:30 PM
Factory Girl I hear the Beatles have a B10. And, I'm not talking about vitamins...LOL
02-24-03 03:12 PM
Mother baby
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Mmm, another Beatles Vs Stones post. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Yeah.....but who's standing on whose shoulders? I mean I don't take "Beatles over Stones"...that's water off a ducks back. You know...I like the beatles okay...but they lost the "battle of the bands" a long time ago. I'd rather learn about the Stones influences not their contemporaries.

02-24-03 04:55 PM
Madafaka Muy bien Monkeyman! Asi se habla!

Saludos!
02-24-03 05:35 PM
steel driving hammer "You know the Beatles played their last concert here..."
"Bunch of mind fucking useless information"

- Mick Jagger, 10/17/81 San Francisco, Candlestick Park.
02-24-03 09:53 PM
monkeyman Madafaka, me gustaría saber si no vendes videos de los Stones. También si no vendés cds con mp3. Escribime a mi mail : [email protected]
02-25-03 12:06 PM
macawber MRD8 wrote "those american r& b and blues acts that you mentioned were big in england but were nothing in america"

the only r&b or blues act i mentioned was muddy waters.chuck berry and little richard were rock acts and were huge in america.if you can find someone who has never heard johnny b good,lucille,good golly miss molly,roll over beethoven etc,i'd be suprised.these are just a couple of the musicians that influenced the bands from england,it had nothing to do with the beatles.do you think the stones,the yardbirds/zeppelin,the who,the kinks,fleetwood mac,pink floyd etc would have went unnoticed if the beatles hadn't appeared on ed sullivan?-come on.
02-25-03 12:10 PM
glencar This entire thread is a flatulent exercise. The Beatles were talented in a minor way. The Stones were so much more. And the NY Times had an excellent article on Chuck Berry this past Sunday. It wasn't the Silver Beatles that he chose to play with. I mean c'mon, Mr. D! Charlie Watts vs. Ringo Starr? Get hip, babe!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST