ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So now will the bitchin' stop? Return to archive
02-23-03 01:42 AM
Riffhard Alright then,everybody seems to ready............

OK my European friends,
You have now read the reviews from your friends across the pond as well as our mates from down under. The Stones have delivered brilliant shows on two sides of the globe. So are you guys beliveing it yet?! Don't give me this "I ain't hearin' it" shit! The Stones are bringing it my droogies! If you don't belive it then stay home and continue to burn copies of Leeds Lungs,Handsome Girls,A Brussels Affair,et al.., Those of us that have seen this tour know where it's at! Oh yeah,it's true! They are still the very fucking epitome of rock'n'fuckin'roll!

I have always said that I'm not a Stones fan because I love the band. I'm a Stones fan because I love rock and roll. It's still true that noone alive,or dead for that matter,has ever played rock and roll better than these cats! Because of this fact I became a fan of the Stones! They brought it in their twenties. They continued to in their thirties(81')They shocked us in thier fourties,and they are astounding the world in their fifties and sixties! We are so incredibly lucky to witness it all over the course of years! If you want to bitch and moan about what was,and what could be then stay home. The rest of us will be there live to witness rock and roll history in the making!

I mean shit this stuff ought to be etched into a fucking slab of granite and saved for future generations! It's a lesson to be studied and learned from!

Riffhard
02-23-03 03:52 AM
Stray Cat Hey Riffhard , Who's bitching? I'd just like more gigs ........outside of London.
The best tour in years,possibly ever !
02-23-03 09:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man I do hear you Riffhard, but dont put me down with the Europeons. Im Brittish and NOTHING else. If you are talking about Mathjis, say the Dutch, if you are talking about someone from Germany, say the Germans. Dont type Europeons because it bunches us all together and we are all VERY different Nations!

I know who is doing the moaning, ive read their posts. I have not moaned and neither have any other English people.

Remember, im English, not Dutch or German. They are great guys, but you must not group us all together!

Alex
02-23-03 10:21 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I If you are talking about Mathjis, say the Dutch,

I ain't mathijs and mathijs ain't me! We are both dutch, but we aren't the same person. that also count for the others over here from holland
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-23-03 10:28 AM
icydanger Tolerance towards each other, sticking together even after arguing and disagreeing,
The stones fascinate me with this competence more then with the ability of staying so skinny!

02-23-03 10:31 AM
full moon I agree.. Whiners and mopes...
02-23-03 11:48 AM
Riffhard Hey guys don't get me wrong here. The intent of my post was not to slam our European friends. It's just that there have been some posts here in the past from some Euro fans that this tour is not sounding good. Well now that the Stones are starting to do take the show to other corners of the globe and the reviews are just as great as they have been on the North American leg I think that pretty much settles it. This tour has been astounding from the start. I have seen the band on every tour since '81 and they are as tight as I've ever seen them.

As far as the whole UK/European thing goes Alex. I've never really considered the UK as part of Europe. To my mind Europe sits on the other side of the channel.

Riffhard
02-23-03 02:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yes you are right Ric, sorry. We are all individuals here. I did not think things through. It was a very hot headed post. I was not evan sure if Matajis was from Holland! Shows how stupid i was.

Same goes for Riffhard. I suppose we all have a tendency to group the countries together and refer to them all as one. I do too.

But you DO have a point. Some of us do need to stop this bitching about the boys. I think they sound fine.

Alex
02-23-03 02:31 PM
Moonisup WEll if I would say that I have never whined, I would lie, so I won't do that! WEll I think somethings go a bit to far, it's about the feeling when we are here, and we tend to forget sometimes how special it is that this band is still among us!
Even I forget that sometimes! haha well it's all about the music and we all love it, I get Riffs point! I think we all need to see them soon,

TENSIONS!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I WANT TO SEE THEM NOW,

I need to marrie a rich women around 70 years old and fly to India ore something
02-23-03 02:58 PM
sirmoonie Moonisup, your avatar is all fucked up!

Reminds me of that 70s horror flick "Its Alive."
02-23-03 03:01 PM
Moonisup yeah GReAT, 2 monster, and both stonesfans
02-24-03 10:58 AM
jb Thge question reamins whether the great Mathjis Von Diesel will give his tacit approval.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST