ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones 2002 Paris tracks Return to archive
02-14-03 03:08 AM
100 Years Ago Has anyone heard them or heard anything about them? Would be curious to know what the tracks sounds like...

we've heard the 40 Licks tracks of course, but no word on what the other backing tracks sound like
02-15-03 04:42 PM
jean-pierre M Dominique Tarlé (of Exile)was here..he wrote in the french
fan-club bulletin they recorded amongst the others a
METER's song "love is for me"...songs are nearly "definitive"
02-15-03 10:47 PM
CousinCocaine
As definitive as most of that new crap on 40licks ?!
They better do some more work!!
CC
02-16-03 08:12 AM
gotdablouse Doesn't seem like that stuff was good enough to get started on a new album though...in spite of Keith's usual boasting.
Now the question is, will there ever be a new studio album again? Frankly I have my doubts.
02-16-03 10:24 AM
egon
quote:
CousinCocaine wrote:

As definitive as most of that new crap on 40licks ?!
They better do some more work!!
CC

how right you are. those 4 new songs should not have been on that album. apart from losing my touch they are very lame.

maybe they should just stop writing new songs...
02-18-03 02:53 PM
gotdablouse "maybe they should stop writing news songs"

...well it seems you have been heard. 2002 for the Stones will be like 1982 for the Who, i.e. the last year they come up with original material, mark my words!
02-18-03 05:09 PM
lucasd4
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
"maybe they should stop writing news songs"

...well it seems you have been heard. 2002 for the Stones will be like 1982 for the Who, i.e. the last year they come up with original material, mark my words!

Boy are you going to look stupid in the near future.....mark MY WORDS ON THAT
02-18-03 05:23 PM
GimmeExile The Stones will be writing, recording and performing new songs for years to come! If B.B. King and Buddy Guy, et al can record well into their 60s, so can Mick and Keith.

Also, please don't compare the Stones to the Who...The Stones didn't announce their Farewell Tour over 20 years ago and continue to announce new tours.
02-18-03 05:33 PM
T&A More to the point,the Stones will never announce a farewell tour or album. It's not their style. There will be new albums and tours for as long as nature allows. Mark those words.
02-18-03 06:23 PM
100 Years Ago considering the usual flow of inside information on Stone's net sites it seems kinda odd though that no word or sounds have leaked out about these several months old paris sessions, not even rumored working titles.

02-18-03 07:15 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
maybe they should just stop writing new songs...

Aaargh! Egon, don't make me sad... How could we actually wish for no new Jagger/Richards songs?
It's normal to be unimpressed with new songs at 1st hearing. With all the classic tracks we've learned to love and worship, how could a mere new one compete! It'd be competing with our memories of the songs as much as with the songs themselves, anyway.
When I first heard Don't Stop or Stealing My Heart, those songs seemed like nothing special. Gradually though, they really grew up on me. Especially Don't Stop, which proved to work very well in concerts (or so it sounds on boots). So thank you Mick and Keith for the new tunes. Hope you'll find time to work on those additional tracks and bring to us a new studio album. Soon, please...
02-18-03 10:37 PM
BILL PERKS MICK DOES NOT WANT TO SPEND TIME IN THE STUDIO IN THEIR NORMAL WAY ANYMORE.HE KNOWS WITH TECHNOLOGY HE CAN GET IT DONE VERY QUICKLY,BUT KEITH WONT WANT GO THAT ROUTE.THIS IS THE CRUX OF THE PROBLEM WITH THESE TWO,I DOUBT EITHER WILL GIVE IN.
02-18-03 10:44 PM
full moon There will be a new album at some point and I cannot wait..
02-19-03 07:09 AM
egon don't stop sounds like a couple of old men who are trying to play a rock song. maybe it's better live, but the album version sucks. (yes, that rock mix thing as well)

i like the later stuff of the boys; voodoo, bridges and some of wheels, but these 3 songs suck balls.

believe me i've tried. i've listened to don't stop over and over and all it made me think was: "please DO stop".
(and don't stop is one of the 'better once of the 3 songs)

maybe i'm ill, but i prefer to believe i'm just right.

if this is the only thing they are capable of nowadays, i say; "stop writing, but keep rocking".

then again maybe there's hope, cos me like losing my touch!

02-19-03 08:11 AM
F505 sad but true: 4 very mediocre songs and a sharp contrast with all these classic songs on 40 licks. Maybe they should stop writing crowdpleasers and go back to their roots and write a couple of bluessongs.
02-19-03 11:42 AM
egon
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe they should stop writing crowdpleasers and go back to their roots and write a couple of bluessongs.

you mean START writing crowdpleasers?!
02-19-03 04:46 PM
F505 no STOP writing crowdpleasers
02-19-03 05:32 PM
egon they are not pleasing me with those 3 new songs, so...
[Edited by egon]
02-20-03 05:27 AM
F505 No, but you are a (diehard) fan and not a member of the "crowd" so....
02-20-03 10:37 AM
F505 What I mean is: jagger nowadays tries to write songs to please too many people in stead of following his roots. The man has written great songs but just wants too be hip. Doesn't work. The best songs of Jagger are the not fashionable ones.
02-20-03 10:47 AM
egon i guess you are right!

02-22-03 03:14 PM
gotdablouse well I hope we get more new stuff, but frankly it's not looking very promising. Look at this endless tour...when is it going to end? No one should be stupid enough to believe they'll record after 2 years on the road in spite of Keith's bragging. They couldn't be bothered to pull it together before the tour, they won't after.

Let's face it, for them, the ROI (return on investment) is MUCH higher for a tour than for a studio album, money-wise, review-wise, ego-wise, pleasure-wise, etc...especially since Mick can't stand Keith anymore for very long in a studio environment. Touring like this must be extremely tiring and would probably kill most any person, but these guys are wired and have it in their blood, it's amazing really.

Still don't believe me, try this, the "stones camp" had more or less hinted at an album in 2003 to excuse the lack of one in 2002...where do we stand on this?...
02-22-03 03:28 PM
Boomhauer Just let the fuckers do what they want!!!

, just kidding!

I hope they don't put it into "auto-pilot" if they do record...then it won't be worth it. But where are they going to find the time?
[Edited by Boomhauer]
02-23-03 04:56 PM
gotdablouse like I said, it's not looking very promising with all this rather sterile touring...rehashing the old stuff...basking in the glory...
I saw them twice in Ca last winter and while the Oakland show was thrilling, the one at Pacbell was boring...yes, I said it, never thought I would :-(
02-23-03 05:18 PM
full moon I hope there is a new album.. I tend to like most things the Stones do.. I personally enjoy the " new " tracks and so do alot of my " Stones Friends".. It is easy to be critical.. They are never going to write another " Beggars Banquet", but so what...I just want some good old rock n roll... They can still bring it...
02-23-03 06:02 PM
gotdablouse agreed, the 4 new tracks are as good as anything they've done since...huh...Exile!
Songs don't grow on trees though, and I'd rather see them spending some time in the studio than touring the world and just "rehashing the old stuff" in Jagger's world. It doesn't seem they've got much interest for that anymore though :-(
02-24-03 11:24 AM
Jumping Jack There will be an ass kicking albumn out just before the 2004 tour in the states. Believe it! They will put up with the pain in the studio one more time just so they can tour again. Blues and rockers. I can't wait.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST